• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommended Model Editing Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modeling Tools

Recommended Model Editing Tools

For the modelers, I will recommend the following model editing tools:
1. MDLVis
In this WC3 editing/modeling tool you can create or edit Warcraft 3 models. You can start modeling by using the Extended Primitives.

2. War3 Model Editor
This is a powerful tool that can be used side by side with MDLVis. See all its full function by yourself.

The output file is .blend. Someone made warblender a long time ago, but it is no longer supported by the latest versions. (it is from about 6 years ago) Sooda also worked on a blender export script but only got to exporting static meshes and textures.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...nder-2-57-static-mesh-exporter-robust-196385/

There may be someone who made an export script somewhere, but I haven't found one yet.

Level 6
About the oinker winkle tools.
Where is it?
there are a lot of many file.
---------------------------------
So, where i cooshe?
Vertex Modifier Manipulates models at the vertex level, providing a model editing option for people without a modeling program. 1.14 vertexmodify.zip
Extended Primitives More base models to start modeling from scratch from or add on to an existing model. By Blinkboy and Armel. 1.00 eprims.zip
Animation Transfer Automates the animation transfer process. Transfers entire or single animation sets. 1.03 animtransfer.zip
Geoset Merger Does the MDL editing step of geoset merging. 1.02 geosetmerger.zip
Geoset Translation Moves, rotates, and scales entire models. 1.04 geosettranslation.zip
ObjectId Inserter Shifts ObjectIds and associated Parents to accomodate new ones. .99 objectidinserter.zip
Particle Emitter Creator Automates the process of adding particle emitters, allowing control of visibility, color, speed, and more. 1.00 particleadd.zip
Key Redistributer Redistributes a set of keys from one sequence to another. This can be useful for animating newly-added bones. .99 redistributekeys.zip
Heading Generator Creates new headings, intended for headingless MDLs exported from Milkshape. 1.00 headinggenerator.zip
MDL Finalizer Fixes the normals of and adds a heading to MDLs exported from Milkshape. .99 mdlfinalizer.zip
Warshape Simple MDL scratch animation program. This tool is NOT complete and is unstable. Need Help? .90 WarShape.zip
------------------------

What i must choose?

You can start modeling by using the Extended Primitives.
The basic primitives that come along with the Vertex Modify are more useful.
I don't remember ever needing any of the extended ones since they can be extruded from the basic ones in a matter of seconds.

Also, for beginners Vertex Modify is a better tool to start with than MdlVis due to the good and easy tutorials it has.
However, the more experienced users will find that the MdlVis completely obsoletes Vertex Modify since it has all it's functions and a lot more.

But yeah, MdlVis and Magos' War3ModelEditor are pretty much the only tools needed for wc3 model making.
Oinkerwinkle's AnimTransfer and GeosetTranslation can also prove useful at times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.