1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zzone's Storybook "Lore" Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Zzonehardy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    GreeN!X's Request = 100% Complete.

You may view it by checking the .PDF attached to this post. Please be notified that this lore is now the property of GreeN!X, and if you wish to use it you must ask GreeN!X beforehand. Thank you for your understanding.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome, Just awesome! Hope you enjoy it GreeN!X!!

EDIT : Also wanted to thank the boys for being so on top of everything and quick about their work, Bravo Gents!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can change me and Zzone to Available again =)

4. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Almost done with Austin's request.
    It's looking good.

5. Austin Groves

Austin Groves

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to it =).

6. EclecticAcid

EclecticAcid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I'd like to request map lore for my story.

Map Type: Medieval
    Link to Map Thread: While technically a map thread, this isn't anything grand, so I will provide additional information about the map/lore via P.M to the person who takes my request.
    Lore Type: Map Lore
    Lore Format: Third person.
    Additional Information: There are two factors that play a vital role in the lore behind this map: Magic usage, and technological level. I'll begin with magical usage: Magic isn't wielded freely, at least not in these desert lands of Al'Tujero (pronounced, all-too-share-o). In fact, it is frowned upon. Those who wield it are seen as enemies to the country, and the Council of Al'Tujero, ruling in the absence of Lord Lexiz (lex-is), banish these people from the country for the rest of their lives.

Technology is different also. Al'Tujero is not a technological country -- it farms, it survives, it has a small military of untrained soldiers. There is no time for technological advancements in a desert, especially an extremely hot one on the brink of possible war. Their military wield scimitars and have very weak armor (in truth, they armor is consisted of leather and cloth). Most of their soldiers are on foot, but some ride camels. Camel carriages are a common form of transportation in Al'Tujero.

7. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    EclecticAcid's Request = 100% Complete!

Here you go, EclecticAcid. I hope you enjoy. This .PDF file is now the property of EclecticAcid, though you may read it, you may not change nor use it in anyway without the approval of EclecticAcid.

Damn, I feel like a lawyer =).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  8. EclecticAcid

EclecticAcid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a bunch, Lolzaxis. +Rep to you, I love the lore.

+ You are a good lawyer =).

9. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, but I'm not a real lawyer =]

10. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    This reminds me of an old project I used to work in.
    Hope I get to play this!

11. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I love it. Thank you very much you guys. ^^

12. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Request Template

Map Type: (Medieval, Warcraft, etc.)
    Link to Map Thread: (If you have one, if not fill in a little bit of information here about the map.)
    Lore Type: (Hero Lore, Map Lore, etc.)
    Lore Format: (First-person story-telling, SECOND PERSON STORY-TELLING, third-person story-telling.)
    Additional Information: (Any extra info that you think we'll need.)

I seriously like the idea of it.
    C'mon, second person anyone?
    The second-person narrative is a narrative mode in which the protagonist or another main character is referred to by second-person personal pronouns and other kinds of addressing forms, for example the English second-person pronoun "you". For example,
    You are not the kind of guy who would be at a place like this at this time of the morning. But here you are, and you cannot say that the terrain is entirely unfamiliar, although the details are fuzzy. —Opening lines of Jay McInerney's Bright Lights, Big City
    Also second person narrative:
    http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/An_Egg (There's a cinematic that UndeadImmortal made for this)
    Progress on Austin Groves' Request: Act 3 is undergoing, and Epilogue is near to come

13. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Glad you like it! Can't wait to play your game, it's sounds SO COOL!

@Planking Wolf, What a wonderful idea, I've seen many great stories told in second person I added it to our template :)

14. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you're still looking for additional team members, I'm interested in joining up.

15. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    If it's alright with Zzone, sure.

Do you have any examples of your work? I don't think it's completely necessary but it can give us an idea. And what is your favorite type of writing?

16. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What sorts of examples are you looking for? I mean, besides WC3 stuff I've got short stories and lore from tabletop games I've GMed and other stuff too.
    I generally write serious material and I tend to like what I'm told are somewhat dark settings, but I'm fairly flexible.

17. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm all up for new members :) So you would say that your work is Dark as in hopeless settings? Apocalyptic settings? And any examples would be great :)

EDIT: ROFL xD I saw that and Lolaxis is doing a fine job, in fact dude, you can recruit people if you feel like it, just send me a PM and I will add them next time I get on :) always keeping this thread active ;) what would I do without you :grin:

18. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any short story or GM lore will be fine. We are basically looking for your grammar and other writing skills.

Make sure it's not too lengthy =), we do have to read it.

EDIT: Posted a minute or less after Zzone ... =) that doesn't happen often.

19. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I suppose I occasionally do a hopeless setting, but usually not. Typically I just write things gritty and realistic (Which is not to say non-fantasy) and detailed and without any unambiguous heroes.

While I have written apocalyptic stuff before, it's generally not my favorite genre.

20. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the grammar thing, if you have some trouble we can edit it, no biggie in fact Lolaxis has edited me already ;) My grammar get's screwy when I write fast :)

@Melth, and you don't have to provide an example if you don't want to I trust your ability and we go over each others work before we finish it anyway :) You have been added to our roster.