1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zzone's Storybook "Lore" Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Zzonehardy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great, doesn't sound like it'll conflict with Plank's requests =).

Oh, and I didn't see our titles. Melth, you are Dark Narrator, and apparently I'm Champion Tale Teller.

:thumbs_up: Lolzaxis approves!

EDIT: I didn't edit (<.<) Zzone's that much, but if you like I'll be happy to go through and edit every future completed request so that they are shiny clean =).

EDIT EDIT: What would you do without me? Probably keep the thread active yourself =P. Just happy to be helping Hive by doing the stuff I love most -- writing.

2. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha it's so I can remember your types of writing, I know mine, but you enjoy writing hero lore, so your the "Champion" Tale Teller :) and so on :)

3. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    'Champion' for heroes and you could also interpret 'Tale Teller' as third-person narrative lore =).

Though I enjoy hero writing my favorite type is pure literature - narratives, novels, short stories, etc. - though, this is a lore workshop and I can't see someone requesting a novel for their lore. Though a short story/narrative, maybe.

4. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Lolaxis, Ya never know, I honestly didn't expect so many requests to start with xD

@Melth, So I will let you know next request that comes in and you get to pick if you want it or not, if you don't want to write that style or are too busy just let me know and the next person can take it :)

5. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here's a couple of different examples of my work in rather different genres and style.

The Tower of Glass is a sword and sorcery short story I wrote a few years ago.

The other 3 documents are bits of lore I wrote up when I had to come up with a new setting for a tabletop game. I actually don't remember if I proofread them since they were mostly for my own use.

Amrath and Heimlibor is written in kind of a mythological style, it was meant to be part of a set of creation myths of one culture in a different setting.

https://fireemblem.obsidianportal.com/

And that link goes to a wiki for another setting I developed at one point. There's a lot on there, though it isn't complete.

Attached Files:

6. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice. I didn't read all of them nor all of the ones I did read (very busy =]) but what I did read is really good.

EDIT: Any more requests? Just confirming we do do hero lore =)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  7. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Technically, there are two Third Person Story Telling kinds.
    The normal third person, where in this case the narrator cannot read minds and all of that god-like stuff. Also that the narrator is just telling the story from a book or from his memories or the narrator is a character that still hasn't appeared in the story.
    The most used one, the third person Omniscient where this time the narrator is a god, knowing where the characters are and what they are thinking.
    This is just a quick fun fact! I do not suggest adding two third persons because they are practically the same.
    EDIT: I am done with Austin Groves' request!
    If you need more additional lore thingies like the heroes or something, give me a call, and I'm sure to answer your ring!
    Fallen World: The Start

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  8. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's kind of a whole spectrum of 3rd person storytelling from totally omniscient about everything and everyone all the time to knowing only some of the actions and none of the thoughts of a few characters I'd say.

9. Austin Groves

Austin Groves

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Thank you, Plank, +Rep! Might come back here again if I've got any more projects happening.

10. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anytime.
    Anyways, any more?

11. Mephisto

Mephisto

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map Type: Action Role-Playing Game, and much like the Diablo franchise (medieval, dark and bloody).
    Link to Map Thread: Will this do?
    Lore Type: Map Lore
    Lore Format: Second-person (angel talking to humanity. For example, the first sentence would be something like:

Additional Information: Demon/angel war. Humans role not yet decided. I want a singular angel who believes in humanity to be the one talking, with nobody else in the picture. And also, try to make it sound like humanity is the world's last hope.

12. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you got to wait for awhile. (Sorry, it's just not fair for me to take two)

13. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I will see Mephisto's request as ACCEPTED! I would like to take this one, should be done at most in a couple days :grin:

14. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Cool a lore workshop. Ill request something a little while later. Busy now XD

Okay im back. Here's my first time request.

Map Type: Warcraft
    Link to Map Thread: I don't have a page for it, sadly :'( The map is about the Illidari (Illidan's army of draenai, blood elves and naga) against the Burning Legion (Magtheridon's rallied army of rebellious fel orcs, Maiev's vengeful Watchers and angered demons). It's basically an AoS where whoever's king dies 1st loses (Illidan or Magtheridon the Pit Lord). Many heroes like Tyrande the Priestess of the Moon, Furion the keeper of the Grove, Akama joins the war aiding Illidan while Magtheridon is aided by powerful demons.
    Lore Type: Hero Lore
    Lore Format: Third-person story-telling.
    Additional Information: The hero is Kar the Everburning the Hell Razer. Using Firelord model. Has abilities of fiery nets to slow down enemies, fiery body to incinerate enemies close and burn down trees in the process, steals agility on hits and an ultimate which damages enemies in an area using the agility he stole + he's very arrogant. He serves the Legions faction.

PS: Please make it as long as a tooltip in-game. Im fitting the hero's background there.

I hope the information is sufficient for the request. This is an alternate story which follows after Illidan's defeat from the war in Icecrown between Arthas and Illidan, just to make it easier for you work on the request.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  15. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will ACCEPT BunnyAng's Request :) but I am already taking one and Melth has not responded yet, so guys who work on this thread, PM me if you'd like to take this request :)

16. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Melth should take this one, Lolzaxis and you already took one, so, uh, you know.

17. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I had thought that, but I believe it was... yesterday? that I tried to ask him if he was up for accepting it, but he hasn't responded :/

18. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map Type: Modern Post-Apocalyptic

Summary: Cameron, the playable character, is at work in an office building when the chaos hits the streets below. Some human-altering virus spreads like wildfire throughout the city. Totally unique, right? Well so far the concept isn't meant to be, but I'm focusing on Cameron's story. He attempts to cut through the hordes of these creatures to get back home where his son, Dominic, was being babysat (Cameron's wife died in a car accident years ago) since he couldn't get hold of the babysitter through phone. There will also be a gang called the Blessed Brothers who abduct and recruit children to increase their ranks and believe they were "chosen" to recreate society. They may find ways of using the virus or creatures to their own advantage...

Video Reference: YouTube Video I don't have a thread for the map's development yet.

Lore Type: Creature Lore - How did the infection start? How does the infection spread (if you can come up with something more unique than saliva transmission)? Is there even an infection, or did certain people's biology just change suddenly due to some catastrophic event?

Lore Format: Preferably third-person, but any form is fine since I haven't included a method of storytelling in the map yet. It could be narrated by Cameron himself if it makes it easier.

Additional Information: I really don't care if it's some scientific explanation for a virus, or some random fantasy reasoning which is the result of different dimensions collapsing on each other. I plan on adding mutated creatures other than zombies, like this or this, so I just need a reason for hostile creatures to be taking over the city as well as their origins. Everything can be killed by earthly weapons such as knives or guns.

19. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dammit.
    I just have the urge.
    By the way, I love the look of your map.

20. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Accepted! Tickles thanks for posting in the Workshop! :grin: Plankwolf I'm sure will have a great lore for you :wink: