1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zzone's Storybook "Lore" Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Zzonehardy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Storyteller's Lore Workshop. I know I am new and this is how I would like to help people... Do you have a great idea for a hero, but you can't figure out how to work him into your story? Or do you have a great idea for a world, and units, but cannot think of a story line? You've come to the right workshop :grin:
    Table of Contents

Team Members

The Team

Zzonehardy The Storyteller
    Planking Wolf Right Hand
    Wolffman The Furry Narrator
    Darko Darkking Lore Writer

Requirements

To make a request we have to know which part of the lore you want us to fill in for you. For example, if you need a heroes back story, we need to know where you're hero is and what he will be doing. If you don't know that part tell us as much as you can, and we will try to fill in the blanks. And please remember to +rep the one who assisted you.

Template

Request Template

Map Type: (Medieval, Warcraft, etc.)
    Link to Map Thread: (If you have one, if not fill in a little bit of information here about the map.)
    Lore Type: (Hero Lore, Map Lore, etc.)
    Lore Format: (First-person story-telling, second-person story-telling, third-person story-telling.)
    Additional Information: (Any extra info that you think we'll need.)

Team's Status

Zzonehardy Available
    Wolffman Available
    Darko Darkking Available?
    PlankingWolf Busy: with life
    Lolzaxis Inactive
    Melth Inactive

Color Code
    Available: Available to take requests.
    Available and Busy: Currently taking a request, but can take others as well.
    Busy: Currently taking a request.
    Unavailable: Cannot take requests.

Our Completed Work

Warning: Big List
    GreeN!X's Request completed by Zzonehardy and Lolaxis (Plank too but he's on another project and gets his own credits :p)
    EclecticAcid's Request completed by Lolaxis, really cool dude great job!
    Austin Groves' Request completed by PlankingWolf, looks great and very well done :)
    Mephisto's Request completed by Zzonehardy
    Bunny Ang's Request completed by Melth, looks great dude, nice hero lore!
    Bunny Ang's Request 2 completed by Melth, looks great yet again!

Credits

---

Malhorne, hope he doesn't mind I used his layout.
    Chaosy, helped me figure out how I can give back to Hive Workshop
    Tickles, for helping me with my own lore and mechanics.

Older Members of the Team
    PlankingWolf
    Lolzaxis
    Melth
    Please contact me if you wish to continue in the workshop :) we would love to have you back!

Please Support Us

[​IMG]
    Copy this into your signature for our support!

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2474362/"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/219049-albums7063-picture78349.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can I join the team?
    Lore making is a favorite hobby of mine.
    Edit: WE'RE OPEN FOR THE TEAM! WE NEED MORE NEW MEMBERS! COME JOIN US!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  3. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why of course, I just hope this picks up, any specific type of lore you enjoy? Character Backgrounds? Mythological? Lore of Cities?

4. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey I'll also join for lore. I prefer to do hero lore if you don't mind, though I can do pretty much anything else.

If you need a sample try reading some of this. It's world lore for a map I'm working on.

5. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmm, well, I'd be your first customer then. I'm too lazy to make lore so I guess I'll be a frequent if this picks up. ^^

What information do you need though? Any sort of template we (the customers) should follow?

6. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map Type: (Medieval, Warcraft, etc.)
    Link to Map Thread: (If you have one, if not fill in a little bit of information here about the map.)
    Lore Type: (Hero Lore, Map Lore, etc.)
    Lore Format: (First-person story-telling, third-person story-telling.)
    EDIT: Additional Information: (Any extra info that you think we'll need.)

There is no official template for this workshop yet, but use this one for now. It's got all the stripped-down basics that we'll need for writing lore.

7. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow Thanks Lolaxis, I like that template! Also, add additional info that might be helpful :p

8. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I use third person more than first person. I guess I enjoy Apocalyptic ones. I just love the thrill of them! Makes me read more of it everyday. I like characters with mysterious backgrounds, it gives a chill to the spine.
    Anyways, I hope I can be of assistance to this thread!

9. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now all we need is requests =). Also, if a request comes in how do we determine who does it?

Looking forward to working at this workshop.

EDIT: We should also have a list of the team under Team Status and next to them their status. For example, this is what it would look like at the moment.

Zzonehardy: Available.
    PlankingWolf: Available.
    Lolzaxis: Available.

Say PlankingWolf made a request (just as an example) and I took it. My part would change to:

Lolzaxis: Busy (PlankingWolf)

With a link on the underlined text to the post that he requested in. Here's a list of terms:

Available: Available to take requests.
    Busy: Currently taking a request.
    Unavailable: Cannot take requests.

I also think that Zzonehardy should be able to assign us requests instead of us taking them, but that is only my opinion.

ANOTHER EDIT: Maybe requesters can specifically ask for a member to take their request?

Also, in the main thread, make a new title 'RECRUITMENT' somewhere and underneath put whether or not we are looking for members.

10. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about another one?
    Busy and Available: Currently taking a request but still is available to take requests.
    And the team member can take it off anytime and set it to Busy.

11. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed. Also, another section called Pending Requests that nobody has yet taken (if we are all busy, etc), and when a team member finishes one or can takes requests they can take requests from the Pending Requests section.

Also, make sure that the Pending Requests section is sorted into a list. At the top is the OLDEST REQUEST and at the bottom the NEWEST REQUEST. Team members should try to focus on completing OLDER REQUESTS before NEWER ONES if possible.

Also, congratulations on 100 posts, Planking =)

12. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Valley of the Eternals
    Map Type: Arena
    Link to Map Thread: None Yet
    Short Description on the Map:
    The map is an arena, supposedly a timeless dimension where heroes of all shape and sizes collide. These heroes are called Eternals and were mortal heroes that have died or is about to die. Whether from the past, present or future, the heroes that die will be sent here to participate in what they would call Nexus Royale. If the eternals win the Nexus Royale, they would get a hold of the Holy Grail for a chance to live their mortal lives once again. All of these is presided by a being of unknown origins but of unlimited power.​
    Map Info:
    Players select an arena they would be fighting in and the game type they would like to be in. The game starts and then they fight to the death.​
    Lore Type: Map Lore
    Lore Format: First Person
    Additional Information: The eternals are not necessarily good guys nor bad guys. Anything could be involved in this map, from a voodoo priest to a space orc so there's not much restrictions and you guys can go crazy with the lore. Would be better if you keep the names though.

That's all I could disclose of the map for now. Sorry I wasn't really specific about the map gameplay, I don't think it will nor it should affect the lore.

If you guys need more information, feel free to VM/PM me and i'll fill you in with additional details. ^^

EDIT: On second thought, I guess you can change the names to whatever you guys deem fit.

13. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Drop.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  14. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy COW! You guys have been busy! Sorry about not being on, Alright so I love your idea's and if someone requests someone it's not that they are better as much as their preference... for example I think I will take GreeN!X's request because I like first-person lore. But I will need you guys' assistance on lore as well :p I'll PM you guys what I need, but this will all work dandy.

On a more offical note ----> GreeN!X request, Accepted!

EDIT: Hey! So this is a quickie version why don't you tell me if you like the perspective and is there anything I missed that you think would be good to include?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  15. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like it. Even though it's not even my request, +Rep to you Zzone.

I may be wrong but I don't think Aliens, Zombies and Vampires should be capitalized unless you are implying those names are factions or teams.

'Luck' shouldn't be capitalized.

3 should be three (at least the way I was taught, all numbers up to 10 should be written out, or if a list of numbers the first number is the only number that should be written out).

And Green skin shouldn't have a capital on Green.

I would definitely play a map with this lore behind it. And though it's map lore, it could also be used as boss lore, and fit perfectly. It's not just a boss you have to smash and kill because it's bad. It's a dude with a family and friends who has made promises and sees you as the bad boss.

Good luck to this project, GreeN!X.

EDIT: Do you guys want the 'requests can pick their writer' idea? I wouldn't mind it as long as it didn't get out of hand. We could describe what each member is good at with their writing, and what they prefer, and possibly a link to an example of their work. Totally my opinion, though.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  16. Austin Groves

Austin Groves

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey I'm good a lore and writing but I'm very busy at the moment. I was wondering whether you good fulfill a request?

Map Type: Zombie Survival
    Link to Map Thread: None yet. Basically a nuclear weapon has hit Berlin, Germany. The effects of this newly-developed nuclear missile by America has had interesting results -- men and woman that should be dead rising and remaining passive to scientists and studiers. Until one day all the zombies turned hostile and began destroying the U.S.A (scientists had taken them back with them to study and experiment), and expanded across the states, breeding quickly by feasting off of corpses and regurgitating them as new zombies. A team of SWAT are sent to cull the zombies and defeat the fanatical human leader, former commander of the German military and son of a family who were killed in Berlin at the nuke.
    Lore Type: Map lore.
    Lore Format: Third person, possibly short story.
    Additional Information: None, really. I hope this is enough info for you.

17. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Post Apocalyptic, sounds like a Planking Wolf thing :p i'll ask him to get right on it.

Austin Groves, Lore Request Accepted

Sorry Lolzaxis i'm kinda going by best suited as well as join order your next tho ;)

18. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's cool. I forgot about Plank's interest in apocalyptic lore =)

Nevertheless it sounds like a good map, Austin. Can't wait for it!

19. Austin Groves

Austin Groves

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ooh lore from a member who enjoys apocalypse. Looking forward to hearing it.

It's great that there's a dedicated lore workshop. I personally haven't seen any around. Modder's Idea Factory does lore, but they are dedicated to it. I've read Lolzaxis's work and I've read Zzone's excerpt from GreeN!X's request, and I can say that you are both talented! Now I just need to wait to see what PlankingWolf's like, firsthand :)

20. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was originally doing GreeN!X's, so uh, here's an example.
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=kw5vl6