• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zzone's Storybook "Lore" Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9

219049-albums7070-picture78895.png

Welcome to the Storyteller's Lore Workshop. I know I am new and this is how I would like to help people... Do you have a great idea for a hero, but you can't figure out how to work him into your story? Or do you have a great idea for a world, and units, but cannot think of a story line? You've come to the right workshop :grin:

Team Members

The Team

ZzonehardyThe Storyteller

Planking WolfRight Hand

Wolffman The Furry Narrator

Darko DarkkingLore Writer

Requirements

To make a request we have to know which part of the lore you want us to fill in for you. For example, if you need a heroes back story, we need to know where you're hero is and what he will be doing. If you don't know that part tell us as much as you can, and we will try to fill in the blanks. And please remember to +rep the one who assisted you.

Template

Request Template

Map Type: (Medieval, Warcraft, etc.)
Link to Map Thread: (If you have one, if not fill in a little bit of information here about the map.)
Lore Type: (Hero Lore, Map Lore, etc.)
Lore Format: (First-person story-telling, second-person story-telling, third-person story-telling.)
Additional Information: (Any extra info that you think we'll need.)

Team's Status

ZzonehardyAvailable

WolffmanAvailable

Darko DarkkingAvailable?

PlankingWolf Busy: with life

Lolzaxis Inactive

Melth Inactive

Color Code
Available: Available to take requests.
Available and Busy: Currently taking a request, but can take others as well.
Busy: Currently taking a request.
Unavailable: Cannot take requests.

Our Completed Work

GreeN!X's Request completed by Zzonehardy and Lolaxis (Plank too but he's on another project and gets his own credits :p)

EclecticAcid's Request completed by Lolaxis, really cool dude great job!

Austin Groves' Request completed by PlankingWolf, looks great and very well done :)

Mephisto's Request completed by Zzonehardy

Bunny Ang's Request completed by Melth, looks great dude, nice hero lore!

Bunny Ang's Request 2 completed by Melth, looks great yet again!

Credits

---

Malhorne, hope he doesn't mind I used his layout.
Chaosy, helped me figure out how I can give back to Hive Workshop
Tickles, for helping me with my own lore and mechanics.

Older Members of the Team
PlankingWolf
Lolzaxis
Melth
Please contact me if you wish to continue in the workshop :) we would love to have you back!

Please Support Us

Copy this into your signature for our support!
HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/zzones-storybook-lore-workshop-247148/#post2474362"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/219049-albums7063-picture78349.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Level 10
Can I join the team?
Lore making is a favorite hobby of mine.
Edit: WE'RE OPEN FOR THE TEAM! WE NEED MORE NEW MEMBERS! COME JOIN US!

Last edited:
Level 7
Link to Map Thread: (If you have one, if not fill in a little bit of information here about the map.)
Lore Format: (First-person story-telling, third-person story-telling.)
EDIT: Additional Information: (Any extra info that you think we'll need.)

There is no official template for this workshop yet, but use this one for now. It's got all the stripped-down basics that we'll need for writing lore.

Level 10
Why of course, I just hope this picks up, any specific type of lore you enjoy? Character Backgrounds? Mythological? Lore of Cities?

Well, I use third person more than first person. I guess I enjoy Apocalyptic ones. I just love the thrill of them! Makes me read more of it everyday. I like characters with mysterious backgrounds, it gives a chill to the spine.
Anyways, I hope I can be of assistance to this thread!

Level 7
Now all we need is requests =). Also, if a request comes in how do we determine who does it?

Looking forward to working at this workshop.

EDIT: We should also have a list of the team under Team Status and next to them their status. For example, this is what it would look like at the moment.

Zzonehardy: Available.
PlankingWolf: Available.
Lolzaxis: Available.

Say PlankingWolf made a request (just as an example) and I took it. My part would change to:

Lolzaxis: Busy (PlankingWolf)

With a link on the underlined text to the post that he requested in. Here's a list of terms:

I also think that Zzonehardy should be able to assign us requests instead of us taking them, but that is only my opinion.

ANOTHER EDIT: Maybe requesters can specifically ask for a member to take their request?

Also, in the main thread, make a new title 'RECRUITMENT' somewhere and underneath put whether or not we are looking for members.

Level 10
Now all we need is requests =). Also, if a request comes in how do we determine who does it?

EDIT: We should also have a list of the team under Team Status and next to them their status. For example, this is what it would look like at the moment.

Say PlankingWolf made a request (just as an example) and I took it. My part would change to:

With a link on the underlined text to the post that he requested in. Here's a list of terms:

I also think that Zzonehardy should be able to assign us requests instead of us taking them, but that is only my opinion.

How about another one?
Busy and Available: Currently taking a request but still is available to take requests.
And the team member can take it off anytime and set it to Busy.

Level 7
Agreed. Also, another section called Pending Requests that nobody has yet taken (if we are all busy, etc), and when a team member finishes one or can takes requests they can take requests from the Pending Requests section.

Also, make sure that the Pending Requests section is sorted into a list. At the top is the OLDEST REQUEST and at the bottom the NEWEST REQUEST. Team members should try to focus on completing OLDER REQUESTS before NEWER ONES if possible.

Also, congratulations on 100 posts, Planking =)

Level 23
Valley of the Eternals
Map Type: Arena
Link to Map Thread: None Yet
Short Description on the Map:
The map is an arena, supposedly a timeless dimension where heroes of all shape and sizes collide. These heroes are called Eternals and were mortal heroes that have died or is about to die. Whether from the past, present or future, the heroes that die will be sent here to participate in what they would call Nexus Royale. If the eternals win the Nexus Royale, they would get a hold of the Holy Grail for a chance to live their mortal lives once again. All of these is presided by a being of unknown origins but of unlimited power.​
Map Info:
Players select an arena they would be fighting in and the game type they would like to be in. The game starts and then they fight to the death.​
Lore Type: Map Lore
Lore Format: First Person
Additional Information: The eternals are not necessarily good guys nor bad guys. Anything could be involved in this map, from a voodoo priest to a space orc so there's not much restrictions and you guys can go crazy with the lore. Would be better if you keep the names though.
That's all I could disclose of the map for now. Sorry I wasn't really specific about the map gameplay, I don't think it will nor it should affect the lore.

If you guys need more information, feel free to VM/PM me and i'll fill you in with additional details. ^^

EDIT: On second thought, I guess you can change the names to whatever you guys deem fit.

Level 10

ANOTHER EDIT: Maybe requesters can specifically ask for a member to take their request?

Also, in the main thread, make a new title 'RECRUITMENT' somewhere and underneath put whether or not we are looking for members.

Drop.

Last edited:
Level 9
Holy COW! You guys have been busy! Sorry about not being on, Alright so I love your idea's and if someone requests someone it's not that they are better as much as their preference... for example I think I will take GreeN!X's request because I like first-person lore. But I will need you guys' assistance on lore as well :p I'll PM you guys what I need, but this will all work dandy.

On a more offical note ----> GreeN!X request, Accepted!

EDIT: Hey! So this is a quickie version why don't you tell me if you like the perspective and is there anything I missed that you think would be good to include?

Attachments

• Nexus Royale, Short Lore (GreeN!X Request).pdf
    386 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Level 7
I really like it. Even though it's not even my request, +Rep to you Zzone.

They will have fault, Aliens, Zombies, Vampires, and whatever the heck that guy is...

I may be wrong but I don't think Aliens, Zombies and Vampires should be capitalized unless you are implying those names are factions or teams.

Good Luck in the Nexus Royale, I'm your next opponent.

'Luck' shouldn't be capitalized.

I mean half you guys have 3 eyes or Green skin or something.

3 should be three (at least the way I was taught, all numbers up to 10 should be written out, or if a list of numbers the first number is the only number that should be written out).

And Green skin shouldn't have a capital on Green.

I would definitely play a map with this lore behind it. And though it's map lore, it could also be used as boss lore, and fit perfectly. It's not just a boss you have to smash and kill because it's bad. It's a dude with a family and friends who has made promises and sees you as the bad boss.

Good luck to this project, GreeN!X.

EDIT: Do you guys want the 'requests can pick their writer' idea? I wouldn't mind it as long as it didn't get out of hand. We could describe what each member is good at with their writing, and what they prefer, and possibly a link to an example of their work. Totally my opinion, though.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey I'm good a lore and writing but I'm very busy at the moment. I was wondering whether you good fulfill a request?

Map Type: Zombie Survival
Link to Map Thread: None yet. Basically a nuclear weapon has hit Berlin, Germany. The effects of this newly-developed nuclear missile by America has had interesting results -- men and woman that should be dead rising and remaining passive to scientists and studiers. Until one day all the zombies turned hostile and began destroying the U.S.A (scientists had taken them back with them to study and experiment), and expanded across the states, breeding quickly by feasting off of corpses and regurgitating them as new zombies. A team of SWAT are sent to cull the zombies and defeat the fanatical human leader, former commander of the German military and son of a family who were killed in Berlin at the nuke.
Lore Type: Map lore.
Lore Format: Third person, possibly short story.
Additional Information: None, really. I hope this is enough info for you.

Level 4
Ooh lore from a member who enjoys apocalypse. Looking forward to hearing it.

It's great that there's a dedicated lore workshop. I personally haven't seen any around. Modder's Idea Factory does lore, but they are dedicated to it. I've read Lolzaxis's work and I've read Zzone's excerpt from GreeN!X's request, and I can say that you are both talented! Now I just need to wait to see what PlankingWolf's like, firsthand :)

Level 10
Ooh lore from a member who enjoys apocalypse. Looking forward to hearing it.

It's great that there's a dedicated lore workshop. I personally haven't seen any around. Modder's Idea Factory does lore, but they are dedicated to it. I've read Lolzaxis's work and I've read Zzone's excerpt from GreeN!X's request, and I can say that you are both talented! Now I just need to wait to see what PlankingWolf's like, firsthand :)

I was originally doing GreeN!X's, so uh, here's an example.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=kw5vl6

Level 7
GreeN!X's Request = 100% Complete.

You may view it by checking the .PDF attached to this post. Please be notified that this lore is now the property of GreeN!X, and if you wish to use it you must ask GreeN!X beforehand. Thank you for your understanding.

Attachments

• GreeNIX's Request -- Complete.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, I'd like to request map lore for my story.

Map Type: Medieval
Link to Map Thread: While technically a map thread, this isn't anything grand, so I will provide additional information about the map/lore via P.M to the person who takes my request.
Lore Format: Third person.
Additional Information: There are two factors that play a vital role in the lore behind this map: Magic usage, and technological level. I'll begin with magical usage: Magic isn't wielded freely, at least not in these desert lands of Al'Tujero (pronounced, all-too-share-o). In fact, it is frowned upon. Those who wield it are seen as enemies to the country, and the Council of Al'Tujero, ruling in the absence of Lord Lexiz (lex-is), banish these people from the country for the rest of their lives.

Technology is different also. Al'Tujero is not a technological country -- it farms, it survives, it has a small military of untrained soldiers. There is no time for technological advancements in a desert, especially an extremely hot one on the brink of possible war. Their military wield scimitars and have very weak armor (in truth, they armor is consisted of leather and cloth). Most of their soldiers are on foot, but some ride camels. Camel carriages are a common form of transportation in Al'Tujero.

Level 7
EclecticAcid's Request = 100% Complete!

Here you go, EclecticAcid. I hope you enjoy. This .PDF file is now the property of EclecticAcid, though you may read it, you may not change nor use it in anyway without the approval of EclecticAcid.

Damn, I feel like a lawyer =).

Attachments

• Red Sands -- EclecticAcid.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Level 10
Hey, I'd like to request map lore for my story.

Map Type: Medieval
Link to Map Thread: While technically a map thread, this isn't anything grand, so I will provide additional information about the map/lore via P.M to the person who takes my request.
Lore Format: Third person.
Additional Information: There are two factors that play a vital role in the lore behind this map: Magic usage, and technological level. I'll begin with magical usage: Magic isn't wielded freely, at least not in these desert lands of Al'Tujero (pronounced, all-too-share-o). In fact, it is frowned upon. Those who wield it are seen as enemies to the country, and the Council of Al'Tujero, ruling in the absence of Lord Lexiz (lex-is), banish these people from the country for the rest of their lives.

Technology is different also. Al'Tujero is not a technological country -- it farms, it survives, it has a small military of untrained soldiers. There is no time for technological advancements in a desert, especially an extremely hot one on the brink of possible war. Their military wield scimitars and have very weak armor (in truth, they armor is consisted of leather and cloth). Most of their soldiers are on foot, but some ride camels. Camel carriages are a common form of transportation in Al'Tujero.

This reminds me of an old project I used to work in.
Hope I get to play this!

Level 10
Request Template

Lore Format: (First-person story-telling, SECOND PERSON STORY-TELLING, third-person story-telling.)
Additional Information: (Any extra info that you think we'll need.)
I seriously like the idea of it.
C'mon, second person anyone?
The second-person narrative is a narrative mode in which the protagonist or another main character is referred to by second-person personal pronouns and other kinds of addressing forms, for example the English second-person pronoun "you". For example,
You are not the kind of guy who would be at a place like this at this time of the morning. But here you are, and you cannot say that the terrain is entirely unfamiliar, although the details are fuzzy. —Opening lines of Jay McInerney's Bright Lights, Big City
Also second person narrative:
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/An_Egg (There's a cinematic that UndeadImmortal made for this)
Progress on Austin Groves' Request: Act 3 is undergoing, and Epilogue is near to come

Level 8
What sorts of examples are you looking for? I mean, besides WC3 stuff I've got short stories and lore from tabletop games I've GMed and other stuff too.
I generally write serious material and I tend to like what I'm told are somewhat dark settings, but I'm fairly flexible.

Level 9
I'm all up for new members :) So you would say that your work is Dark as in hopeless settings? Apocalyptic settings? And any examples would be great :)

EDIT: ROFL xD I saw that and Lolaxis is doing a fine job, in fact dude, you can recruit people if you feel like it, just send me a PM and I will add them next time I get on :) always keeping this thread active ;) what would I do without you :grin:

Level 7
Any short story or GM lore will be fine. We are basically looking for your grammar and other writing skills.

Make sure it's not too lengthy =), we do have to read it.

EDIT: Posted a minute or less after Zzone ... =) that doesn't happen often.

Level 9
Any short story or GM lore will be fine. We are basically looking for your grammar and other writing skills.

On the grammar thing, if you have some trouble we can edit it, no biggie in fact Lolaxis has edited me already ;) My grammar get's screwy when I write fast :)

@Melth, and you don't have to provide an example if you don't want to I trust your ability and we go over each others work before we finish it anyway :) You have been added to our roster.

Level 7
Great, doesn't sound like it'll conflict with Plank's requests =).

Oh, and I didn't see our titles. Melth, you are Dark Narrator, and apparently I'm Champion Tale Teller.

:thumbs_up: Lolzaxis approves!

EDIT: I didn't edit (<.<) Zzone's that much, but if you like I'll be happy to go through and edit every future completed request so that they are shiny clean =).

EDIT EDIT: What would you do without me? Probably keep the thread active yourself =P. Just happy to be helping Hive by doing the stuff I love most -- writing.

Level 7
'Champion' for heroes and you could also interpret 'Tale Teller' as third-person narrative lore =).

Though I enjoy hero writing my favorite type is pure literature - narratives, novels, short stories, etc. - though, this is a lore workshop and I can't see someone requesting a novel for their lore. Though a short story/narrative, maybe.

Level 9
@Lolaxis, Ya never know, I honestly didn't expect so many requests to start with xD

@Melth, So I will let you know next request that comes in and you get to pick if you want it or not, if you don't want to write that style or are too busy just let me know and the next person can take it :)

Level 8
Here's a couple of different examples of my work in rather different genres and style.

The Tower of Glass is a sword and sorcery short story I wrote a few years ago.

The other 3 documents are bits of lore I wrote up when I had to come up with a new setting for a tabletop game. I actually don't remember if I proofread them since they were mostly for my own use.

Amrath and Heimlibor is written in kind of a mythological style, it was meant to be part of a set of creation myths of one culture in a different setting.

https://fireemblem.obsidianportal.com/

And that link goes to a wiki for another setting I developed at one point. There's a lot on there, though it isn't complete.

Attachments

• Amrath and Heimlibor.pdf
    112.1 KB · Views: 118
  • The Tower of Glass.pdf
    234.2 KB · Views: 435
  • Gilfel Notes.pdf
    338.9 KB · Views: 172
  • The Grand Republic of Phinea Notes.pdf
    204.9 KB · Views: 137
  • The Holy Kingdom of Sefora Notes.pdf
    175.4 KB · Views: 157
Level 10
Technically, there are two Third Person Story Telling kinds.
The normal third person, where in this case the narrator cannot read minds and all of that god-like stuff. Also that the narrator is just telling the story from a book or from his memories or the narrator is a character that still hasn't appeared in the story.
The most used one, the third person Omniscient where this time the narrator is a god, knowing where the characters are and what they are thinking.
This is just a quick fun fact! I do not suggest adding two third persons because they are practically the same.
EDIT: I am done with Austin Groves' request!
If you need more additional lore thingies like the heroes or something, give me a call, and I'm sure to answer your ring!
Fallen World: The Start

Last edited:
Level 8
Technically, there are two Third Person Story Telling kinds.
The normal third person, where in this case the narrator cannot read minds and all of that god-like stuff. Also that the narrator is just telling the story from a book or from his memories or the narrator is a character that still hasn't appeared in the story.
The most used one, the third person Omniscient where this time the narrator is a god, knowing where the characters are and what they are thinking.
This is just a quick fun fact! I do not suggest adding two third persons because they are practically the same.

There's kind of a whole spectrum of 3rd person storytelling from totally omniscient about everything and everyone all the time to knowing only some of the actions and none of the thoughts of a few characters I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.