• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Zephyr Contest #14 - Poll

Vote for your favorite entry

• crabas sakti - Summon Ectoplasm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emm-A- - Chicken Rage

• Loner-Magixxar - Stone Integrity

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm more interested in the category that is worth 75% of the total score.

First of all, it's %70, get your facts right (by having only 7 votes you have almost 8% of the total score).

Regardless, I can care less what my vote count is.
I recommend you care about it. Taking something for granted has happened to so many people and they have regretted it. And if I had voted for you, I would be insulted by your comment (speaking totally for myself). But as you said, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Second, I highly doubt that you couldn't care less about it. Because if that's the case, then why crying when I posted my spell, by mistake?

Third, I gave up on this contest the moment I saw the numbers of reviews, so fast that I didn't even check back in almost 2 days after my complain post.

Edit
Btw, since fame or reputation is a major factor in polling system and maybe in some of the judging, I suggest categorizing the contests by measure of reputation (e.g. so called legends with a reputation over say 1000 compete with each other and non-famous people with reputation lower than say 300 compete with each other). I guess that's the best and only solution to this matter. But, given the comments, drama, tension, and feel of the environment, I find it highly unlikely to happen. But, still, it's just a suggestion, don't bombard me with counter-comments!

Level 37
I'm all for suggestions you, or anyone, have about fixing the poll to be more fair. I merely stated my opinion about something you said. You could have simply reassured me with what you have said instead of giving me a snarky "Think before you write." comment.

First of all, it's %70, get your facts right (by having only 7 votes you have almost 8% of the total score).
Sorry I assummed the way the total score was calculated was the same as the last contest. Not sure if this correction is to make you seem more right.

if I had voted for you, I would be insulted by your comment (speaking totally for myself). But as you said, whatever helps you sleep at night.
I said I could care less how many votes I have, not that I didn't care about the people who voted for me.

Second, I highly doubt that you couldn't care less about it. Because if that's the case, then why crying when I posted my spell, by mistake?
Crying? You might want to go reread what I said. I was clarifying to Almia why uploading into the spell section before the contest ended was unfair.

No one even mentioned your name when the issue was brought up by BPower. You single-handedly brought all the attention to yourself. I made sure to not say your name because I didn't want to throw you under the bus. Take a look at the conversation yourself.

Level 9
I was clarifying to Almia why uploading into the spell section before the contest ended was unfair.
OK, now I want to hear your clarification about why the polling is fair?

But overall I take it that you start talking only when you feel something is probably against your odds.
Because obviously, we see some unfairness here, but we don't see your immediate action to clarify it, like that one.

What is this shit. Seriously.
If I may rephhrase Killcide:

Okay. I just recommend you join a contest with more intentions than just winning.

Okay. I just recommend you join a contest with more intentions than just whining.

Loner, much of your input is bullshit. Like all the thoughts about creating contests for "elitists" and for "noones".
And I really don't think Killcide or other guys here care so much about getting/losing votes in this poll how you do. It's not fair to place others in your type of view onto this matter.

The voting system is fine. And if the folks don't vote for your favorite one, there is nothing you can do. There is still freedom of choice, might it be reasoned or not.
The poll in this contest counts as 30% of the final score - and that's a good bit. It is a good chance for people also to voice out their opinion about the submitted entries, and even to effect the results.

In this specific poll, there is no anomaly or extremeness to notify. It looks totaly okay.
So if there is some problem with the current evenness of the votes, then it's likely your personal problem, and maybe a result of jealousy.
Take a look yourself at the entries where people voted, and test them on your own. For most ones you won't fail to see a reason why people could have voted for them.
And lastly I can just repeat me again from this post:

Of course some guys will vote the first-best entry, just because of subjectivism, but that's no reason to follow this trend.
I already downloaded all entries, and will shortly test one by one within some days or so.
You must do something before something will change. Don't wait for others to make it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: San

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
And this is exactly what I meant. If it is so much of a bother for you and mostly all of the voters, then why starting a contest (especially a poll)? Just gather some so called famous people and set up an awarding ceremony and present them the award they deserve! Why wasting other people's time?

I did not vote though.
And you have no proof that everyone does like I described either.

I'd argue that I am fairly famous on the site, (be it in a bad or a good way) but I don't get a whole lot of votes, do I? My 'fame' may get people to look at my entry, but they wont vote for me unless they like the entry itself.
Of course, you can try to convince those on your friends list to vote for you (SHAR VOTE FOR ME PLZ!) like Mythic kinda did and won the poll in some contest that way. But most people don't do that.
I think the voting system is flawed too, but you're taking it too far.

Level 17
There is a grain of truth from his argument though.

Yeah I think so, too, and I do think the poll is flawed as well. However, fame and repuation aside for a moment, I fear we have to accept this flaw as it is an utopian attempt to observe every single vote and check the relation between voter and votee (if that's a word), to prevent corruptness in the poll. We're not the CIA.
I think the main "unfair" point here is that it is not guaranteed that every voter takes the time to review ALL entries, so that ALL entries have a chance to score higher than others. I mean, hosts probably try their best by notifying voters with this issue, but still I doubt it will change anything.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeah I think so, too, and I do think the poll is flawed as well. However, fame and repuation aside for a moment, I fear we have to accept this flaw as it is an utopian attempt to observe every single vote and check the relation between voter and votee (if that's a word), to prevent corruptness in the poll. We're not the CIA.
I think the main "unfair" point here is that it is not guaranteed that every voter takes the time to review ALL entries, so that ALL entries have a chance to score higher than others. I mean, hosts probably try their best by notifying voters with this issue, but still I doubt it will change anything.
This, in part.

There are ways easier than "CIA-ing" every voter, but I'll save that discussion for later.

Also also, as Chaosy implies, "fame" is a slippery thing to define. I've got oodles of posts (most garbage :p), been a member for a while (most of it wasted :p), and have a fair amount of rep (most of it thrown randomly :p). Am I famous?

Given the flaw - not all entries are looked at fairly (given even looking at images and GIFs and not testing the spell is unfair if it not downloaded like others) then I'd argue there is no solution - there's no way to force voters to have downloaded and tested every map; anonymity or otherwise. The best one in my mind would be to simply have more judges judging every criteria - with a high number the poll could justifiably be removed or lowered in influence (despite a low influence already) and "guarantee" fairer results

Though on the subject of this meaningless debate
I said that I vote for someone to increase their odds against this unfairness and it doesn't even increase my odds because I don't have any! Think before you write.
A ban on voting in bad faith is about the only thing we have to ensure fairness - saying you vote exclusively to balance numbers and don't care about what entry you're voting for is an admission of this; this is not dissimilar to the time you voted against me purely out of spite (by your own admission) and later claimed it was for other reasons when called out on it. The only person I see corrupting the polls is you, and I won't stand for your holier-than-thou attitude to a first-time contestant

Edit: I'd also mention the only people competing while also having more than 1000 rep are Almia and Chaosy - the rest of us have less than that while Empirean, Emm-A-, crabas_sakti, DD_LegionTN, Meatmuffin and You (Loner-Magixxar) all have less than 300 - Empirean came 2nd last time; do you really think rep has much to do with who wins a contest?

Last edited:
such rants, wow.

I can say that Loner-Magixxar is wrong the whole time.

if you are complaining on how a low percent score poll and a fame/reputation advantage, why not join the government election then?

also, I don't think a lot of people know me at this time, the fact that I remained inactive for a year proves that

reputation doesn't affect the outcome. At some point, fame can be effective but at the end, we are still arguing to something that provides the least part of the score.

Level 23
I think Loner-Magixxar is ranting after seeing KILLCIDE's voters are mostly his friends.
Deal with it, the only thing you can do is improve yourself to score high on the judging. Accept the fact that not all people will view each entry before voting.
Staph this rant!

EDIT:
Speaking of voters not checking all entries, this one's caught in action (Voted for Almia without actually downloading Almia's entry) (I have nothing against Almia just pointing out)
how can i download spell of almia?

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
... Such negativity aura. I can only grin.

Only two entries have caught my attention, Flux's and Loner's. They got nice concepts.

Flux's entry is good. The drop armies ability better be automatic instead, I mean in what case shouldn't I drop the armies? The radar thing is fancy, but it seems flicked sometimes. Summoned (dropped) units have improper voice too. Sound utility still can be improved as well (like machine gun firings sounds, plane approaching sound, etc). The demo map is kinda lacking. At least it should have had a feature to reset cooldown and mana to test its multi-instanceability and robustness.

I simply like Loner's concept where you can combine golems with unique results (like ice-ice, fire-fire, fire-ice, etc). But the flaw is that it can be very overpowered to summon like 10 golems at once. Not to mention if the main golem has hp increasing items. You can simply stay around a fountain and keep summoning bunch of golems to swarm the enemies. It was also bugged once when one of the main golems learned the main ability, it automatically summons several golems unwantedly.

About Ta-Co's entry.. Well.. Small tankies are definitely cute and adorable. :p But the spell is somewhat un-entertaining and nothing new.

I also checked KILLCIDE's entry. But I stopped exploring after the first cast since it's not a "unit summoning ability", which shouldn't have been allowed.

I wont cast any vote tho. I don't want to be bombed by "not checking all entries" bullshit. Hella fkbunch of entries right there.

EDIT:
And if you ask me why I only checked those entries? Well, they appear more often in the spell section. I thought they will have the highest chance to create entertaining entries and frankly, to win the contest. The only reason why I checked Loner's entry was because he cried a lot. But it turned out all the way around, now I think he probably deserves more votes. But good luck to everyone.

The definition we're using is a summon unit - we had a number of remarks and the generally accepted definition we came to was a unit created by the ability which doesn't function like a locust/dummy unit preferably with unique behaviour or some variation on that definition - I don't think anybody has entered with work that doesn't fit that description - you could simply substitute the ice orb in Killcide's work for a faerie dragon which stays in its manaflare animation until it's charged up

though in reference to mine being nothing new, how many infection based summon abilities do we have on the hive? disregarding the health cost, form of the summon, swarm stat bonuses, controllable summon mechanics (point or caster-following), the ability to infect both allies and enemies to introduce additional play mechanics and the rest of what I put on it. If you want to go "generally speaking for all games" then you could hardly say units splitting into smaller units or an airstrike/paradrop spell are more original. You're entitled to your opinion but I take pride in my work being unique.

more broadly on the topic; I'll accept there are a lot of very creative entries though the defining factor of this contest is as it's always been; skill in coding - along with testing every entry I'd also hope that would be considered and perhaps would even be the defining factor for votes given this is a code contest and it's the more important criteria (though I know this would never be the case, it's each individual voters prerogative and visuals, concept, and gameplay are also important when considering which is best) - It doesn't matter how good an idea is if it'd not fit for use.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
Guys, I was just placing myself as audience of some sort of public polling event and behaving as neutral as possible. And I shared everything in my mind at the time so that you understand what the other voters were might actually thinking as well.
It's very normal that you disagree with my opinion which was just based on some quick looks, because you know better about your own entry. I didn't really read the definition of this "summoning" term as well. But really, I was not paid for it. I did that small review voluntarily. Why should I spend a lot of times for something I will get nothing about? What do you expect?

Level 37
Guys, I was just placing myself as audience of some sort of public polling event and behaving as neutral as possible. And I shared everything in my mind at the time so that you understand what the other voters were might actually thinking as well.
You just blatantly said that my concept shouldn't even be allowed in the contest :p I'm actually interested to know why you think that. I wasn't trying to prove anything.

Level 4
I think that if the order in which the candidates occur changed periodically and randomly, that would alleviate much of the bias. If it isn't too much work.

I mean, seriously, guys, post solutions, not problems. (I haven't actually bothered reading the whole thread, so I might have missed a few things.)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I think that if the order in which the candidates occur changed periodically and randomly, that would alleviate much of the bias. If it isn't too much work.

I mean, seriously, guys, post solutions, not problems. (I haven't actually bothered reading the whole thread, so I might have missed a few things.)

One solution was proposed, though it's not perfect. Just better.

Level 13
The poll doesnt really reflect the outcome of what will be the result of the contest but it sure have an impact on the final score. Just like the last contest, even if you dont get good score in the poll but the judge/s liked your entry you will surely get a chance to win. Just wait for the final judging you guys. The poll hasnt even ended we still have 2 weeks.

Level 9
I know, I know, I'm the bad guy again, whatever...
In the previous Zephyr I got 14 reviews out of 29 voters and got only 3 votes, but because I knew it was at least checked and they didn't like it, I didn't even open my mouth. If you want to consider that I'm a jealous person. do as it suits you, but my only problem here is the fact that I am being ignored, nothing else.
You know how it feels? Feels like I wasted my time for nothing. This is the source of whatever you readily like to call as jealousy, butthurtness, bullshit, nonsense or whatever else.

If they had checked my entry and they didn't vote, at least I would know that I made mistakes or my idea was not interesting at all and I would accept my failure and it could help me to avoid such mistakes again (just like the previous Zephyr). But all of you like to label everyone, at the moment they open their mouth to criticism or complain.
---------------------------------
---------------------------------

I simply like Loner's concept where you can combine golems with unique results (like ice-ice, fire-fire, fire-ice, etc). But the flaw is that it can be very overpowered to summon like 10 golems at once. Not to mention if the main golem has hp increasing items. You can simply stay around a fountain and keep summoning bunch of golems to swarm the enemies. It was also bugged once when one of the main golems learned the main ability, it automatically summons several golems unwantedly.

There is only a limited number of golems you can create with each golem and it's at the cost of HP reaching 250 and not increasing higher than that. And I set the golem's HP very high for experimentation.[Edit] And by the way, the cooldown for actively using the spell can be set to a high value to avoid abusing, or the active mode can be removed completely, since it's more of a passive skill than active and it is just an option to enhance testing the spell cast[/Edit End]

And for the case of the bug, which is not, I placed that golem with low HP on purpose to show multicasting, and it's the mechanism itself that when a golem gets that ability, all of its loose stones drop immediately.

And, whatever the reason was behind your review, I still thank you.

Just to bring back some positivity into this thread - I just became uncle <3<3<3<3<3 [/offtopic]
Congratulations

Last edited:
Level 11
Honestly, I am at the point of just skipping Loner's comments, regardless of the point making. I mean come on, if you want to make a point, avoid all the butthurtness and if everyone stands against you, don't just say "you're missing the whole point" and just stand down. Of course if you take me seriously now, you'll say "You can delete my entry, I'm worthless."

For gods sake, man up.

Level 14
Just to bring back some positivity into this thread - I just became uncle <3<3<3<3<3 [/offtopic]

congratulations [/legitOT]

Originally Posted by ZerGreenOne View Post

nice idea :)

On top, we should try one contest with each user having three votes. Would be really interesting to see. One could combine this with a color code like R,G,B for 1., 2., 3. and let the colors mix for each players "votes bar" to distinguish between first, second and third votes to make it more interesting to follow ..

EDIT:
my voting, I wanted to share

After testing all spells, I must say that each of them is pretty interesting and most of them are actually really cool. I decided not to look into the coding too much, as this is something for the judges :D
In order, I tested:
Kyrbi0:
I liked this spell because it is a passive summoning spell and it reminds me of actual maps years ago and because Kyrbi0 only had so little time and still submitted it. Obviously it has flaws, no need to elaborate that further in that context.
Chaosy:
THe creativity is awesome, as it is something outside the box yet still related to the topic. I personally thought, that the texttags were flying too quickly and that it was a bit unfinished - but I love cooking, so cooking units seemed great.
Almia:
I realized after testing all spells, that this is the only spell, that actually summons the primary unit of the spell at the target location, which makes it outstanding from the others. Its amazing how all these effects of the devourer do not cause any lag.
crabas_sakti:
Actually I did not understand, how that Ecto-Blast worked because sometimes it seemed to kill very distant units rather than close ones. To be honest, this spell did not thrill me too much, but it was quite fun to use the summonings as suicide bombers.
DD_LegionTN:
It took me a while, because the fact, that the sphere is in the air, is not visible at the beginning. It looks pretty cool, if you adjust the camera and I think that the impact of the sphere looks really great but there is too many summonings somehow...
Emperian:
I liked this spell a lot because you could combine the basic spell with acolytes - overall amazing because it looks good, works well and the concept relates to classic wc3 lore.
Flux:
Obviously, this spell is impressive as hell, I think there is nothing more to say. I would have stopped and simply voted for Flux but then I realized, that it is not a real summoning spell. I mean, of course, you summon a plane that summons goblins, but it did not feel like summoning something.
KILLCIDE:
I always am impressed by complex GUI-based spells. To be honest, the spell looked really good in KILLCIDE's description but it was hard to handle in game without getting in to it a bit. Iit is fun but a bit tricky to use. I thought, that this spell had the same problem as FLux's, it does not really feel like summoning something.
Loner-Magixxar:
Feels a bit like pokemon, and really nice concept. There is a lot of summoning, which is good, but I thought, that the different golems looked too similar - so it became very confusing in the end.
Meatmuffin:
It was really fun to try to hit as many enemies as possible with that sphere, and I actually liked and disliked - at the same time -the fact that summoned minions are not controllable. I really felt very undecided after testing this spell.
Rheiko:
In my opinion, the spell laked a bit in creativity, but it was performing well in game, and I think, also because it is GUI-coded, it can actually be useful for a lot of people creating fun maps.
Tank-Commander:
Tank-Commander's spell really amazed me from the beginning, because I liked the concept, creativity and basicly everything. The only flaw in my eyes was the realization of the overhead plague indicator.
xxdingo93xx:
I liked the idea a lot because it reminded me of Maplestory's shadow partners. Again the same problem - it does not feel like summoning something, despite having a huge shadow mate behind one's back. Still it is pretty awesome.
Decision:
I found it really hard to decide in the end. In the end, i tried to decide between Flux, Tank-Commander and Emperian, which I would consider a tie. In the end, I decided to vote for Emperian as 1st, Tank-Commander as 2nd, Flux as third. I would say, it is a tie though.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Kyrbi0:
I liked this spell because it is a passive summoning spell and it reminds me of actual maps years ago and because Kyrbi0 only had so little time and still submitted it. Obviously it has flaws, no need to elaborate that further in that context.
Why, thank ye kindly. Yes, I thought so as well. I tend to have a very specific view of "unique"; if it doesn't specifically exist, then it's good (this is corroborated by the game itself, where things like Drunken Brawler (Evasion + Critical Strike), Spiked Carapace (just a self-version of Thorns Aura + Armor), Soul Burn (hero-version of Cripple + Damage & Silence), and others exist... Death Pact/Dark Ritual, Siphon Mana/Life Drain, are also things.

Basically, I analyzed all the existing "Summon" spells, and determined that the "generic" Summon abilities consist of "click-button: receive summon: summon fights"; thus I determined any alternatives to that (either in "How it's Summoned" or "What it Does") to be "unique". Some are 'unique' in the former (i.e. Doom & Black Arrow (spawn on death of target), Storm,Earth,Fire (creates 3 from Hero), Serpent Ward (point-target) etc)... Others were 'unique' in the latter (Phoenix eternally rebirths, Pocket Factory creates exploding minions, etc).

Mine, essentially, is both: a 'unique' summon (self-splitting into smaller Golems) that is 'uniquely' summoned (passively spawned, chance-on-attack, from the Hero).

It may not be even a tenth as flashy or interesting as pretty much every other entry... And that's OK. What I made (in my opinion) would fit perfectly in the game (if actually finished, lawl), according to it's sense of 'unique'.

Level 17
xxdingo93xx:
I liked the idea a lot because it reminded me of Maplestory's shadow partners. Again the same problem - it does not feel like summoning something, despite having a huge shadow mate behind one's back. Still it is pretty awesome.

Actually, my inspiration was Mr. Zurkon from the videogame Ratchet & Clank - summoning a buddy that's floating around you to cover your back :)
Well, It's probably not a usual summoning, but it definitely is a unique summoning. That's probably why it doesn't feel like it.
Anyway, I really appreciate your review! Thanks.

Level 22
Well, my brilliant ideas won't show up at contests like this. I actually had a lot of interesting concept for the contest but once the contest has begun, it all disappeared from my head. Not to mention I made it in a rush because I was so damn busy last month. x_x
So yeah, in the end, I came up with that kind of spell. At least it can please some eyes. Thanks though. :)

Level 17
Sry to stir up this fuss again, but I have a suggestion to maybe improve the poll:

what if we filter out votes from users having a account created after the contests starts? Or maybe a little bit earlier (Some rule like "voters must be part of HWS for at least x months"). Because, voters that created their account within the poll-time - well, that's OBVIOUSLY suspicious...
Sry for CIA-ing, but it happened at this poll.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Sry to stir up this fuss again, but I have a suggestion to maybe improve the poll:

what if we filter out votes from users having a account created after the contests starts? Or maybe a little bit earlier (Some rule like "voters must be part of HWS for at least x months"). Because, voters that created their account within the poll-time - well, that's OBVIOUSLY suspicious...
Sry for CIA-ing, but it happened at this poll.

f2750691141693688234612944_700wa_0.gif

Here my thoughts about the entries. My thoughts are not based on detailed reviews and might lack in some details. It's more roughly.
Especially the "Code" criteria was not analyzed in detail by me. Though if I see your entries in Spells Section I might comment there and add more things which I meantioned.
In this post the feedback is more short.

attachment.php

To some of you/all:

Tooltips:
Tooltips are not whole books. They are not here to describe each detail of execution etc.
It gets hard to read if they are at ~max size and filled so much with infos. Try to keep them short.

Demo map:
Please make a good demo map so the tester can easily test out many aspects of your spell and different behaviour.
Add cliffs/water, allies/enemies, trees, make maybe ESC command to heal and cooldown for the unit etc.
It's very confortable if everything was arranged by default already.

Others like "comments" etc was actually done very good by most of you. Good job.

Some specific comments:

Kybri0:
Sorry for these ratings, but there are too many things missing and flaws.

Chaosy:
The cauldron is already staticaly given at a position, which seems uncommon for a spell.
It's very cool, but it's more a system to convert items -> units, and the spell of the demo unit doesn't play a really big role. It just uses the system.
Else I would be a fan of this concept. :/

Almia:
Taking under facotrs into consideration is cool, but making the spell dependant on trees seems a bit random here.

crabas sakti:
Copying a unit seems not very unique to me. Though it has some good behaviour.
In code I saw many things to optimize, and you rely very much on object data.

DD_legionTN:
It's good. Nothing important to say.

Emm-A-:
I'm sorry, but your map is not openable with normal GUI editors. You use advanced GUI which leads to crashes.
I only had a look on visuals and ingame spell. The concept was interesting, and I liked the bloody result.

Empirean:
That the summoning helpers can't be killed is too strong.

Flux:
Nothing important to say. I very liked the visuals.

KILLCIDE:
I don't very like the model, because it seems more an effect than a unit.
On cliffs there is sometimes strange movements. (maybe because of movementtype "hover" as you say)

Loner-Magixxar:
Fantastic idea. Implementation is lacking.

Meatmuffin:
Nothing very important to say. It's good.

Rheiko:
I think you love fire spells. :p
It's good. Though I would prefer that the cast doesn't always go the same/constant distance, but actually stops at target point.

Tank-Commander:
Solid spell, nothing special to say atm.

xxdingo93xx:
The elemental looks a bit strange on the back of the unit. Maybe I must get used to it.
Pretty much, else not much to say. Good one.

==============

Though I also very like other entries my vote goes to DD_legionTN. Very nice result for me.

==============

Overall I'm very happy with the contest and your entries. There's much quality stuff.
I would be happy to see the entries in Spells Section, and they for sure also will get some more feedback there.

Attachments

• Contest Table.PNG
    Contest Table.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 121
Level 14
@-Emm-A- thank you for voting my spell. Your review matters alot to everyone. I wish someone would review your entry.

Thank you for considering my entry as well, but I do not think I have a chance to win. It was just about the thrill to participate and the fun, I had while trying out this idea about crazy chickens.

Thank you all for considering my little review. It was a lot of fun to test all your spells. I just like to mention that my review was not intended to be a smartass nor to hurt anybody's feelings.

@IcemanBo: Thank you for reviewing my spell. Oh shit, this is very strange, I just used JNGP from 2011, but only for vJass, there is no single UMSWE feature used in my demo map ... I don't know, why this should crash the map.
How can you use JNGP, so that it is still openable?

Level 11
Emm-A- said:
It took me a while, because the fact, that the sphere is in the air, is not visible at the beginning. It looks pretty cool, if you adjust the camera and I think that the impact of the sphere looks really great but there is too many summonings somehow...
In a plane land probably it is hard to see, but in high land should be more visible though. And about the too many summoning part, it is configurable. And the default level 3 maximum summons are around 10~15, which usually just around the warcraft 3 full army selection number.

IcemanBo said:
Tooltips are not whole books. They are not here to describe each detail of execution etc.
It gets hard to read if they are at ~max size and filled so much with infos. Try to keep them short.
Honestly I'm not really good at writing good tooltip, I've tried to keep them as short as possible. I will try to improve in future.

@Both
Thanks for reviewing my spell :)

Level 22
Rheiko:
I think you love fire spells. :p
It's good. Though I would prefer that the cast doesn't always go the same/constant distance, but actually stops at target point.
Burn all son of b*tches, that's my official instruction.
Nah, I actually love lightning spells more. It's just I still need a lot of practice before I get to that. :p
Elemental spells are often lovely. <3

Hmm, that didn't come to my mind. Guess I should make that part configurable next time. ~
Thanks for the review. :D

I knew it was too good to be true.
Well, don't expect much. :p

Level 9
@IcemanBo Thank you to take your time and review all of the entries. I totally agree. I got somehow lazy and didn't improve the implementation. Totally my bad

Tooltips:
I know somehow one of the addressees of this quote is me. Cause my tooltip turned into a love letter along the way :) But because the mechanism was a bit complex, I had no choice. I didn't want my spell to be vague.

Level 13
@icemanbro - just interrupt the main caster and the summoning is cancelled. I was thinking about adding another ability to the acolytes so that they can help but there will be too much ability to import and i intend to upload it in the spell section thats why i went for the unitype option. Thank you for looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.