• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #14 - Poll

Vote for your favorite entry

• crabas sakti - Summon Ectoplasm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emm-A- - Chicken Rage

• Loner-Magixxar - Stone Integrity

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
Just before someone again posts let's move on, I think Hive needs stricter rules when it comes to judging. And I'm just being objective here, from neutral position, I'm not participant and don't care for results, but in my opinion... Those who fail to deliver judging in 1 month time, whatever the reason is, should be off the judging list and should be given -rep. As chaosy said, if you don't have time or will just don't sign up to be a judge. And if you are so irresponsible to stall whole contest than deal with consequences. And these should be -rep at least.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Please don't bash Anitarf. Move on to the next contest's thread and make sure your voice is heard loud and clear regarding all the preparations.

I would like to have this thread locked for the time being.

Level 50
Please don't bash Anitarf. Move on to the next contest's thread and make sure your voice is heard loud and clear regarding all the preparations.

I would like to have this thread locked for the time being.
Lol. Bashing? What offensive did I say? I don't know who's judging is being waited on, and it doesn't really matter. This is not a problem with a specific person, but with current system.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Lol. Bashing? What offensive did I say? I don't know who's judging is being waited on, and it doesn't really matter. This is not a problem with a specific person, but with current system.
If you meant no offense then sorry I misinterpreted your message. To me it looked like you implied that you wanted to punish the current judge, which is not okay. You can never know what obstacles come in real life.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Jondrean, I think you've understood it correctly.
But the point is that he is talking about the judge - whoever it may be - not X personally.

I don't see what's wrong with 'punishing' (since not everyone cares about rep) those that sign up for something and then fail to comply.
What happens if you skip work for a few days? you lose the fucking job.
What happens if you sign up for football matches and don't show up? you wont get invited to the other matches.
What happens if you don't pay your bills in time? (consequences may vary) You get a warning and you've got to pay extra for the reminder.

In every real life scenario there is punishment.

edit:
Actually, this reminds me of a debate we had regarding the time it took for mods to review submissions.

Where I basically stated the same as here, "Don't sign up to be a mod and then slack. Activity should be a requirement."
To which Ralle said something along the lines of: "They do it in their spare time, for free
you've no right to make demands."
I recall him stating that 3 months was a reasonable time to wait. (do not quote me on this, I may be completely wrong, might as well be 6 months or 3 weeks)

So, if that is the philosophy, there wont be any change in his regard either.

Last edited:
Level 50
If you meant no offense then sorry I misinterpreted your message. To me it looked like you implied that you wanted to punish the current judge, which is not okay. You can never know what obstacles come in real life.
I'm not saying: punish the inactive judge in here. I don't know which one or why is inactive and I'd be an asshole if I was to speculate about it. However, I'm talking about rules about judges in general and about preventing inactivity in future events. This all waiting could have been avoided if there was a one month to judge rule, after which host would just replace judge with another. End of story.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Well if it's just general discussion:
Rules should be made in advance not at the moment of (what you think is) injustice.

If you're talking about preparations for the next zephyr contest, continue the discussion there.
If you want to, on a generic level, make rules more specific regarding judges, make a thread about it or contact arena moderator.

All I'm saying is that mods have the privilege to delete posts when they feel that they are going too off-topic and they act as an initiating point of deviating from the main topic. And this is far beyond that point. If you want to ensure this precious discussion leads up to something, don't continue it here.

Level 50
Well if it's just general discussion:
Rules should be made in advance not at the moment of (what you think is) injustice.

If you're talking about preparations for the next zephyr contest, continue the discussion there.
If you want to, on a generic level, make rules more specific regarding judges, make a thread about it or contact arena moderator.

All I'm saying is that mods have the privilege to delete posts when they feel that they are going too off-topic and they act as an initiating point of deviating from the main topic. And this is far beyond that point. If you want to ensure this precious discussion leads up to something, don't continue it here.
Rather report me for posting off topic instead of being mini mod. And it's your mod-like replies that got me off topic in first place.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I rather be the mini mod than the judge judge. Now this energy can be directed towards the next contest right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.