• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #7 - Poll

Which was your favorite cinematic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.244360

cinematic.png
contest.png
number.png
7.png
poll.png

clock-noon-time-jpg.291976

<< All Entries Download.zip >>
OR
<< Links to all entries >>

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

Attachments

• CinematicContest7Entries.zip
    109 MB · Views: 358
Last edited by a moderator:
although maybe his/your voice was a bit quiet compared to the music?
Oh, I understand it now. I think you have set your WC3's music volume Sound Option in full. You should set it in half for a really better sense of the cinematic.
Thanks for the review! :)

@KILLCIDE Could you add this note to my entry?

Note 3: Make sure you set your WC3's music volume Sound Option in about half (for a really better sense of the cinematic) according to the picture below.

01-jpg.296835

Last edited:
Level 12
My vote also goes to Ungoliath's Aurora's Miracle. The trippy post apocalyptic scene trumps everything else. Especially noted is the elaborate clock scene, some truly amazing work.

As for the other two entries:
One thing shines above all else - this is some quality technical work. The sound blends in well, and the triggerwork to move units is smooth. Problem is, there was not too much of this trigger work, with storytelling mostly reserved to moving cameras around titular scenes from the game we all know. The result is looks great, but I wouldn't choose it as the only method of story telling. Another small bother is the use of character models from another game, they look better sure, but the new portrait sticks in the WC3 setting like a sore thumb (or maybe that's just me).

Hello ensemble studios, didn't know you moved to WC3. The work itself is fair, I dig the olde timey fable idea, although there's no real conclusion to speak of, which slightly spoils the story. The settings and triggerwork were also OK, however note that using the sand tile you had along with the whiter fade filter made the sand look blank and surreal, which clashed with the battle scenes.

Level 4

I like this Cinematic alot because there are so models, textures, good amount of beautiful skins and a wonderful (yet quiet) voice acking

I kinda like this one cause it portrayed how arthas tried to save Lorderon at the cost of his soul right after his friend (Muradin BronzeBeard told him to lead his men home but Arthas denies it) and the added voiceline from World of warcraft just came along (and other game that needed to find lol)

i don't like this because that Crash my game twice (1 while getting a drink and other checking) seariously @PrinceYaser you need to make sure that your sinimatics doesent crash the game

Crash Cinematic.png

ik its over 23 MB but.... that cinematic needs to be fixed...

i don't like this because that Crash my game twice (1 while getting a drink and other checking) seariously @PrinceYaser you need to make sure that your sinimatics doesent crash the game
Lol!! Hm.. I checked many times in my own PC (on patch 1.27) and worked perfectly. I suppose you're on patch 1.29, I didn't optimize any of my maps for 1.29.

can you update your maps and wc 3 that should work... (to 1.29.1)
Well, I dunno if 1.29 breaks the map or not. I will try tho.

Edit:
Yeah, it causes problems with the cinematic. It's better not to optimize it for 1.29.

@Wardota2 Gamer is gonna make a whole video of our entries, you can watch my cinematic there once he posted the video.

Last edited:
Level 14
Well, I dunno if 1.29 breaks the map or not. I will try tho.

Edit:
Yeah, it causes problems with the cinematic. It's better not to optimize it for 1.29.

@Wardota2 Gamer is gonna make a whole video of our entries, you can watch my cinematic there once he posted the video.

Hey PrinceYaser I have a big problem in playing your Cinematic it crashed and It broke the recorder 8)

Recorded Ungoliath's and Chaoses Entries only your's are not recorded I am did not Edit it yet because the Recorder Broke once my Wc3 crashed and I think I need to record again using my Captured Card but no worries. Just fix you Cinematic (Note I am still in 1.28 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.