• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft III's DotA is OVER???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Heh. True, although Valve and Blizzard should really get to know each other better, it seems that both companies can synergy their stuff very well.

I wish every SC2 player would get some special SC2 themed hat in TF2. I'm just sayin'.
I mean, Blizzard pardodied Valve's Left4Dead by creating Left2Die, right?

EDIT: Yeah, I'd like to try out the Dota 2, too.

Level 1
DotA :>

im noob here!

I think DotA is the best custom map!

I play dota for 5 years already!

from 6.49 to 6.72f !

I also expected dota 2 will come out this year!

If DotA 2 out, Now the DotA can play without a good graphic cards!,i worried about dota fans will decrease cause some bad computer can't support the graphic of DotA 2!

Level 9
@MiLo1cE

Agreed, mine can't even support it, 3.0 GHz!? that's sick, I only have 1.6 GHz... :cry:

- - - -

By the way, they rumored that DotA 2 will be free 2 play... That's nice to here...

Level 1
Well, it would be a shame if DotA 2 replaces Warcraft 3 DotA. I'm not trying to act like some 'WiseGuy' or somthing like that, I'm just saying it would be bad for players with bad PC's, since the System requirments aren't so good as I noticed.

Level 19
And well, I just asked a few friends in a local internet cafe about DotA and well, they said they'd prefer the Warcraft III type of environment which allows room for other games to play while waiting as well, instead of pure DotA.

Level 19
Blizzard and Valve would really do good if they worked together though, Blizzard could provide the means of players easily creating awesome games while Valve manufactures them, heh.

Level 19
LOL. haha anyways, I do hope that this wouldn't kill off DotA in Warcraft III, I kind of love the community here:)

PS: Oh, and I don't want to spend heaps of money to buy a new game just to play a Warcraft III map with more colours.

Level 27
LOL. haha anyways, I do hope that this wouldn't kill off DotA in Warcraft III, I kind of love the community here:)

PS: Oh, and I don't want to spend heaps of money to buy a new game just to play a Warcraft III map with more polygons, higher resolution textures and larger variety of graphical effects supported.

Fixed.

Wait wasn't it rumored to be F2P? One my friend who is a big fan of Valve told me he heard there will be some buyable graphical clothing similar to TF2 hats, only with less cartoony sillyness and more... Dotaish Dotayness?

Last edited:
Level 27
Tleno what do you have against low polygon usage in models as I love the use of it :3 as it looks so good when used well.

Nothing just wanted to clear out Dota 2 will have better graphics, not just mre colors.

And I love low-poly games too, it's so much easier to immprovize with lower poly games than in hi-poly games. I mean, you can use a bareel as collumn in WC3, and it will look pretty natural, but it will look so much more worse and unnatural in SC2.

Level 4
Icefrog didnt leave dota because he had low map space - he could still have deleted the loading picture to get 1 more megabytee. He left it because valve paid him more...

Also I will still play Lol because the heroes in dota2 will be the copies of original dota heroes and still I guess there will be some things you have to pay for if the game is going to be free (like bonus heroes or something) soo im not excited.

And for us, people who make maps, at least some retards who play dota and dont know a shit about wc3 will quit it...even though the wc3 community might drastically decerase because there are tons of such retards over bnet and garena dota rooms :|

Level 19
Nah, I doubt that the decrease would be for long, because soon after they'll just come back again after new stuff have been created and even better things emerge:)
DotA 2 could be a stepping stone for DotA and other Warcraft III maps, who knows?

Level 9
...I think, August 17, as said on their website, DotA 2 will be shown on public on Aug. 17-21, 2011.

Level 19
Well, I know of a lot of people who will continue to play DotA even with DotA 2 out, due to it's modding community and other reasons:)

Custom interface. Completely custom one. Try and make that in warcraft 3.

Also, memory banks. No more need in savegame codes when you can just make so people would be able to load their charcter without doing anything.

You can make lots of things with just data editor - some of things you would need triggers or even JASS in Warcraft 3. Seriously.

Not to mention it just has a much larger functionality comparing to WC3.

Not to mention dialogs. Then we have to take down a whole notha path. And well, DotA is doomed anyway.

I lost my faith in Wc3 when i realized than 10% of the people on battle.net called the game DotA, not Wc3. And i don't like DotA anymore.

Level 14
Yay, no DotA! The community will now be 70% less horny 13-year-olds, and more normal WC3 map players.

yeah, plus the game is'nt new user friendly at all,not even 1%,when you play in b.net,they always say NOOB JUST F*CK OFF!

Level 19
No they don't, lol.
And well, there are many people who seem to prefer the classic DotA compared to anything too new though.

Level 19
Heh...
Just saw a preview of Dota 2, although me and some of my friends were turned off by it, considering we're hardcore fans of DotA.
To be honest, the classic black Firelord in Warcraft III looked better than the one in that game lol o.o
Also, from the screenshot, it is kinda hard to tell where certain buttons are, and there aren't any armor or weapon types from what is shown.
Ugh, sad to say, there goes another LoL/HoN copy, Starcraft II graphics seems so legendary compared to it though.
I'm guessing Warcraft III DotA would last longer than we'll expect then:)

Level 9
pictures have been leaked on the internet, screenshots, has been posted, the way it looks it's just simple like warcraft's dota :)

the game interface, is simple :) just look at the image below :wink: :

254641_177292262343964_100001895757877_420907_4492741_n.jpg

Level 19
I'd prefer Starcraft II's graphics to be honest, considering the fact that in Warcraft III's DotA one can still choose to play many other games as well and that Dota 2 is Pay to Play, I'd stick to DotA.

Level 20
The graphics IMO looks disturbingly like Team Fortress, But then again its a valve game so what else.

I sincerely hope that it wont just be a CnP of the Wc3 map, if so that would be letdown.

Actually it is a CnP. All heroes, abilities and items are excactly the same as seen in the original Dota. Even the hit points and damage have same values. It is done like this on purpose.

Valve noticed how well Icefrog's mod managed in Warcraft III so they gave him a chance to make a game of his own. But now as Dota becomes a stand alone game there will be no limits for the future plans.

Level 23
Actually it is a CnP. All heroes, abilities and items are excactly the same as seen in the original Dota. Even the hit points and damage have same values. It is done like this on purpose.

Honestly, thats just sad.

Theyre quite a few characters they could definitely have redone better, gameplay wise.
Im looking at you Leoric.

Level 19
Plus, the tiny lore content in the original DotA is pretty much more interesting than whatever copies of the game can think of, in my opinion, although I really do hope DotA would continue to bring even more players into the community:)
Looks like Valve is going to have a 'war' with S2 and Riot Games heh, while Blizzard can enjoy their popcorn and still continue to generate players. (And maybe even some cash)

PS: Classic heroes like Pudge or Shadow Fiend would never be the same in Dota 2 though, so yeah, I'll be siding the majority of the community that supports DotA more. Apologies to Dota 2 fans.

Level 19
At least Warcraft III's DotA wouldn't die out, heh. After looking at some of the stuff inside, I just noticed that the war was more... Between Dota 2, HoN and LoL instead. So it'll be good news for Warcraft III players:)

Level 14
I actually don't like the graphics at all.

it just looks like HoN or LoL graphics lol, and they just ripped some stuff like the sorceress and the female archmage models,they should remake them like the bloodseeker one, it has enough changes to make it look original
THE USER INTERFACE IS MEH,i see the warcraft 2 UI better than this,yeah it looks quite High definition but its plain and simple, blizz makes enough details to make a decent ui, this is just my opinion guys,respect it like i respect your opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.