• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA is dying.

Thoughts on this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
In Dota league v6.55 wasn't approved because of the game crash bug. But after v6.55b was created, then it was approved. And theres really nothing balanced. They didnt do anything for Lyca or Luna. And now Kotl's Mana Leak is based on movement and it loses like 100 mana when you move 100 range. And cast range is also.. pretty long.

Level 4
New dota Sucks hard this new terrain omg he removed all the places where i was hiding in this gay place for taverns... omg and all this changes... so annoying i dont know why you guys think but i vote for old terrain.

Level 7
Since Wc3 is dying with the release of Sc2, DOTA will die too.

Sc2 has no Heroes, it means that dota will unable to spread his disease on Sc2.

Wc3 isn't going to die with the release of Sc2, it will loose a significant fan base, but it will take at least a year before wc3 ends up dead.

And just because Sc2 melee doesn't have a leveling system, I heard that the world editor will support a kind of leveling system, which will allow dota to 'infect' Sc2. Not even mentioning the fact that the makers of Sc2 are fans of DotA.

DotA is just a game like any other on wc3, your despise or hatred to it is of your own fault and personal arragonce... The people who play it can be extremely immature and annoying, but behond that its a cool game to enjoy with friends.

Level 12
WC3 is driven by custom maps. The addition of heroes to the RTS game allowed all RPGS and other types of custom maps to thrive. It is one of the biggest reasons WC3 is still going strong today. If SC2 does not have heroes, or similar units that can level up, it will not be as strong a competitor to WC3, and will not have the same lasting power.

And on GG Client, Dota will always be going damned strong.

If DotA Allstars completly died and never to be revived again, then this would be my reaction:

And then I would celebrate, starting a big awesome party. There will be dancing and food and drinks and games. You also get to play the piñata (while the doll looks like a frog covered in ice).

Edit:
And the remaining DotArds are not invited.

Last edited:
Level 25
I personaly like playing DOTA, not too much though, when i have time i go out with my friend an play with some gamers in LAN.
Some people don't understand DOTA, to me it's all in teamplay and that is what i like in DOTA, team play cause without it it's nothing.
But what i don't like is gamers with no life or n00bs who play DOTA too much and start too even expres in DOTA words(you hear me right dota words - witnesed).
So if you ask me DOTA will not die,maybe be forgoten by some but i think no game can die.

Level 6
DotA lies that... In DotA you need items, and you can only get items if you get gold, and to get gold you have to kill heroes (atleast in theory) and the gold is only achieved though teamwork of the team, not one going solo around and getting ownt, DotA is all about teamwork.

No teamwork, no gold, no gold, no items, no items no killing and therefor no gold to get items, and without items you cant win.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have yet to see these apparently-stunning changes, but I believe DotA kept Warcraft III alive one way or another. I'm no crazy fan - I play it only when I'm bored - and I haven't played it for a year.
I believe people will adapt to the new changes. This popular AoS map hasn't changed for years now, and people just got "poked" on their long sleep, let's say.

DotA needs to die, I wasn't credited for the model used in it, when ike_ike contacted the requester he said something like "oh it's enough that he's credited in the request thread" and icefrog said something like "oh, giving credits for a 2 versions old cosmetic upgrade? NONSENSE.

So yeah. Those guys are FUCKING PRICKS THAT NEED TO DIE AND I WILL RAPE ALL THEIR DEAD.

Level 25
DotA needs to die, I wasn't credited for the model used in it, when ike_ike contacted the requester he said something like "oh it's enough that he's credited in the request thread" and icefrog said something like "oh, giving credits for a 2 versions old cosmetic upgrade? NONSENSE.

So yeah. Those guys are FUCKING PRICKS THAT NEED TO DIE AND I WILL RAPE ALL THEIR DEAD.

awww.. Poor boy :cry: .

It wasn't you who killed your friend cause he stole your sword in tibia right?

Status
Not open for further replies.