• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is DotA overhyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ive only played DOTA, but man are you guys serious? Are these DOTA Fanatics really that bad? It sounds really strange :S

Level 8
Well, I actually had a positive DotA experience the other day. *Dota 3.7, since that's the best version on RoC.
I was playing Wc3, and noticed one of the Dota games didn't say "Omg," "Wtf," "No Noobs," or "Banlist On." I decided that that would, if ever, be the DotA game to play. For that entire game, only one person got called a noob, and that for TKing people. I didn't get yelled at by my teammates for not being an elitist, and I actually got constructive advice on how to play. :eekani:
Once-in-a-lifetime game, right?

Level 1
IMHO DotA is a good game. But it clearly doesn't deserve that much attention. There are far better maps out there that die out. The people who play it again are horible and iritating. They bash every one for little mistakes. Noobphobia? Probably. When they go out playing other maps they always ask if the game "is like DotA". Sure there are exceptions, I've met some myself but they are still quite few.

Level 6
*Gives Happy an Egg*

1 Egg a day....will help your intestine get better...i promise.

I play DotA its aight.....just the fact that i keep getting bannd because host kicks me when i get to 1-4 :\

Status
Not open for further replies.