• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Free Battle.NET Server That Host Games Other Than DotA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The title says it all peeps. Does someone know any free Battle.NET server that host WCIII Maps other than DotA (I'm playing on a local free server and all games that is hosted is DotA)? Why not normal servers? 'Cause I cannot verify my key (Already used once before :p) and they usually only host DotA and Melee Games (Not that I hate any of them, but I just got bored of DotA and I've played too much Melee Games against AI before). Also, don't forget that this will also help other peoples too.

More FAQs

Why did exactly you got bored by DotA anyway?
Frequent Bitchin', and people who actually gauge other people's skills by Frag-Count (In Battle.NET Anyway), which beats the first reason AoS was made: To Obilerate The Other Team's Main Building And Defend Yours :p

Have you tried hosting a map other than DotA on that server?
I tries multiple times to host Torment Arena, but nobody comes in :p

And, I need neither flame nor spam. All that I need is help.

Level 16
Indonesian server only host DotA.... And you could be banned for making a game with other map :p Joining other country's server? Horrendous Lag Ensues. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just play off the kalimdor server. Even if you live in indonesia as long as they have fiber cable running to the island (yes under ocean cables are common) you should have low latency.

If your island does not have this, then you should consider moving to the mainland as the only real way to play with people around the world is with fiber atleast some of the way.

For a benchmark, playing off crappy british connection with people in the USA (across the ocean) gets between 110 to 180 ping. Most of this ping is probably caused by conversions in servers as it has to go from ADSL to fiber and then back to cable / ADSL in the USA.

Yes 110 to 180 ping is not instant response but it certainaly is playable for RTS games and I have no problem playing maps like SWAT aftermath.

Status
Not open for further replies.