• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bizarre Battle.net Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
I just reinstalled and was looking at MakeMeHost to see what games people were in because the custom games list is a graveyard -_-.... Tried to join a game with 1 other player called "[ENT] Uther Party #1" because who doesn't like Uther Party? Pasted the name into the join by name box and boom-- "Your connection to Battle.net has been lost." Trying to reconnect gives me
Unable to connect to Battle.net

You may be trying to connect to an invalid Battle.net server. If you are using a modem, you may need to manually connect to the Internet before connecting to Battle.net.
It happens on every realm and even on a new account! Was I autobanned for trying to join a bot-hosted game?

Edit: I reinstalled and I can rejoin Battle.net. Strange indeed....

Last edited:
Level 32
Copying and pasting from pages may copy web code, so it's good to not copy and paste it. Battle.net probably automatically reads it as malicious but the "ban" actually only lasts a few minutes. It actually only disables the realm used for a few minutes, so you can switch realms or just wait if you make the mistake again.

Simple just type the game name out.

Status
Not open for further replies.