• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.net maps are rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Now looking at this website there are games much better than the majority of those on battle.net- why I have no idea. Is it a case that people make all these maps but noone adopts them to actually play on battle.net?

Anyway any recommendations of maps here that might be fun to play on battle.net? I got the liberty of being able to host.

Level 34
Now looking at this website there are games much better than the majority of those on battle.net- why I have no idea. Is it a case that people make all these maps but noone adopts them to actually play on battle.net?

Anyway any recommendations of maps here that might be fun to play on battle.net? I got the liberty of being able to host.

Our special retardmaps are available at the nearest Epicwar-store in your neighbourhood.
Order your collection of retarded maps today and get a free pancake!*

* Semen and batteries not included

Level 7
Our special retardmaps are available at the nearest Epicwar-store in your neighbourhood.
Order your collection of retarded maps today and get a free pancake!*

* Semen and batteries not included

Where are retarded responses available from?

Gem TD
Rollercoaster x)
Pimp my Peon
Vamp Fire/speed

Ah, are these battle.net maps you have found good because Pimp my Peon is very reguarly hosted on there? Will check out the others.

Level 8
When i look on the game list i 90% of the time only see DotA, Vamp games, Stupit hacked Green TD's, even Red TD's (o_O), hacked Angel Arena maps, HLW, footmen frenzy and more hacked piece of snap... -.-

Only a few times a day i see good, approved and quality maps :p

What is the solution? DESTROY THESE MAPS! xD

GLB

GLB

Level 8
When i look on the game list i 90% of the time only see DotA, Vamp games, Stupit hacked Green TD's, even Red TD's (o_O), hacked Angel Arena maps, HLW, footmen frenzy and more hacked piece of snap... -.-

Only a few times a day i see good, approved and quality maps :p

What is the solution? DESTROY THESE MAPS! xD

If i could destroy them, I should do this immediatly! Battle.net Maps are lame and often creations of bad quality. The only game that is quite often played is DotA, though it's not an impressive game.

People are stupid and only like such weird stuff.

Level 12
Theres so much.... crap... of B.net because people can host any map they want. And most are playing for fun and dont go to modding sites like this, were the true data base of good maps are. Lots of people know about Epic war because its a HUGE data base of upload-and-never-do-anything-again site. You can put something so crazy on there and never worry about theift, because they dont bother with that over (from my XP).

Sites like the hive, on the other hand, are rated and judged by mostly retired players and modders who know what they're doing. People play crappy maps becuase they get the "Lolz" out of them that alot of srs maps dont often have, in a way, our harshness keeps people from using some maps from here, due to how complicated they can be. The easier to play, the more they apeal to the community that is B.net

Level 20
"People get Lolz"

I dont see anything Lolzing in Angel Arena for an example. I've played it once or twice and I had a hero that had two disables with low cooldowns and you could perm disable any opponent... Also heroes get +100 stats per lvl and you can get up to lvl 1000. Some maps are just "Wow I pwned all because I rightclicked on them and I have +99999 agility" and then kids can gain ego. This is also in many Hero Line Wars etc.. Potions without cooldowns and infite tomes. Then they start talking about how skilled they are. -.-

There are maps made to be popular and maps that are made to be detailed and original.

The ones made to be popular will make the players think they are skilled, for being quite easy to play and will be quite narrow and not creative.

The ones made to be original are made for the mapper's own fulfillment, and not always they target the popularity, but the good feedback by the modding community, because we already know that most people that play on battle.net are morons and won't be able to appreciate these maps if they aren't among the highly addictive categories (AoS, Line Wars, Colorful stupid TD, etc).

Level 9
Gah! Warcraft isn't the same for me... I play maps and they're all boring...! Sadly, I uninstalled Warcraft months ago, so that says bye to my Troll Headhunter icon and all the uber maps I used to have. Now I can't even host anything... Vamp Beast 1.175 oh something like that Vamp Beast 1.185 oh something like that oh Survival Tactics... alright... ah BORING OTHERS. I'm disgusted with the Fantasy Life that came out near the end of my Warcraft reign. Seriously, it used to be my favorite map. Ugh, that means I can't host Knights and Kingdoms... Or any other superb maps. Epic War is good for getting maps which are dled off battle-net, no matter if they are hacked for their hacker (lol if u get the chance to get to play them), despite being full of subtle hacked ones, its got more accessible maps rather then this site's.

Level 11
Yp, its all borring, coz there are no maps except DotA, and that is so f***** boring after 5 years... was fun before, when you could play other maps...
Few good maps i play are Castle Fight, Vampirizm Fire(look dumb but its very good), pudge wars isnt bad but it gets bored in few rounds xD, there are also some good TD's, slike skini castle defense/TD, sprout, element... and rpg's like Diablo III, Growling Winds...

Level 8
or just get linux ubuntu and get an emulator so that you can play windows games. Simple.

Or if you don't want that, just pirate the fucking piece of trash.

Now on topic, bnet games definitely suck major balls. and people wonder why dota is the most hosted game. host some better games you fat fucks.

Level 9
Vamp Fire is a servant of hell - Vampirism Beast is second best Vamp, and the Krown? Crazy's Vampirism - Full name, Crazy Monkey's Vampirism. It features excellent atmosphere, with someone that bothered to throw in custom interface/color codes, classes, 4 tech trees with some varying upgrades/walls after a certain point, etc. Its got best terrain, Vamp Fire is UGLY.

Level 34
People enjoy winning. People enjoy playing maps that are unbalanced in their favor. This leads to an all around crappy Battle.Net, for both WC3 and Diablo 2. SC doesn't seem as bad, or it didn't back in the day.

I find joining clans is the best way to play fun maps. I remember playing TKoK a lot, as well as a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.