• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DotA is dying.

Thoughts on this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
it is easy to play, but to be really good, its considered quite hard

i dont see how you can not understand anti-air towers

the spells are well described, people not understanding them are just not reading well enough

many of the spells are simple, which makes it easy to learn, and simple spells do not need the "omg haxx0r grafix". And there being better spells is not a reason for people to stop playing dota. That is like saying more people should play Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning becouse the spells there are better than in World of Warcraft(again, the same formula, WoW is easy to play and easy to learn and very popular(mainly becouse it had to Warcraft name in it in the first place). Why would they consider playing another game when they can play their game fine instead?), and that is why i left WoW and DotA, becouse they changed. I couldn't play the game i wanted to play(dont get me wrong, Expansions are fine, but BC is the first expansion made by blizzard that i personally dislike)

Dota sucks, im happy its going down.
The games ok, but theres too much complex multitasking involved.
The people that play it all swear too much, and dont care for noobs.
People dont enjoy dota, its too serious.
People should have fun playing games and stuff, not fighting over the smallest of crap.

People are too attached to this "amazing" game [oooh look cool SFX, awsom spell] that they dont check out better maps, like Tkok and such.

The only game in wc3 my bro has played, is Footmen Frenzy [b4 it lost control with all the fake versions n stuff]
and now dota, when i ask him to play another game, i gota pester him and maybe then i get a good game.

People should play dota, AND other games 2
ffs it's not going down,it does better now.

Level 4
Why are you all so angry at DotA? It's just a map that many enjoy. Nothing more. The... thing you should be angry at is the hype that it is given. IceFrog is just doing his thing, he's not doing it to take over B-Net.

Level 3
My theory on dota is that it will never die until there is something adequate to replace it (of a similar type), or until people just get plain bored with it (but new people always seem to come). In addition, it has low specs, just like Wow, but is free, so those with poor pc's will still play it because it is the only thing they can play online.

Now that I have said that, I play as much of the other maps as I play dota, and I would much rather be playing LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online), which i shall be doing in a day or two (yay!).

I can't really comment on the Battlenet servers though, because I play on a local South African server, which often gets more than a thousand people on it.

Level 5
DotA was out since?? ( i know what dota is..i even play it ) i've heard about it since 2007 just wanna know when was the 1st release.

Level 5
some?? nono..the right word is majority ..
watch this
Note:a boy gets beaten up by 3 dudes at damai.they beat him up because they got owned in DotA at cyberX..lol not my vid

Level 7
no dota sucks a lot..because of dota there is crime..sad many people gets beaten becoz of dota and thats suckz..

Level 8
that was pathetic.

lol, losing over a custom game, same to me as losing in vampirism, sheep tag or don't move your tauren, rofl.

proof that dota's not fun for losers.

dotard violence ftl.

Level 27
You know, I was going to make a comment on the horrible amounts of fail I'm seeing in these past few posts, but I'm not even going to bother..

Actually, never mind, screw it.
Note:a boy gets beaten up by 3 dudes at damai.they beat him up because they got owned in DotA at cyberX..lol not my vid
omg a kid got beaten up the other day because another kid wanted his toy truck. toy trucks must be the root of all evil.
because of dota there is crime..
Captain, we're entering new sectors of fail! The failometer has broken and the mercury is overflowing the top! What should we do? Beat some sense into him? Okay!
No, DotA doesn't cause crime. People who have mental issues cause crime. People have done crime over many, many things. People rob stores to get food. Is all food evil? No? Oh, I guess you should have applied thought before you posted.
proof that dota's not fun for losers.
Or.. proof that DotA's not fun for sore losers? Hey, its like any competitive thing! I guess all competitive things are bad too!
dota = violence lmao = world war
You know what? Fuck it. I wont even comment this one, that's how bad it is.
So what have we learned? Toy trucks, anything competitive, and food is evil and should be banned. Your logic never ceases to amaze me.

Do some people take the game too seriously? Yes. Anyone who takes the game seriously at all is taking the game too seriously, because it's a bloody game. So your point being? omfg it must be all of dota community is violent because of dota! Yes, the link is there!
You're worse than the mothers who want to ban video games because they cause violence, since you're basing it off of one case. ONE CASE. Now, if you showed me a study saying that 90% of DotA players run around with axes yelling "I CAST CULLING BLADE ON YOU!" and cleaving their friend's skull in half, then yes, maybe you'll have a valid point. But so far, your proof says violent people are violent. Hmm, good one Sherlock, I'll have to put that in the special file of SHIT THAT EVERYONE KNOWS.

Anyways, my main problem with those who attack the "dotard" community is that they act no better themselves. Hypocrisy ftl. If you could actually bring up valid points in a mature and sensible manner, which is really easy to do, then I'd have some respect for you.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.