• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DotA is dying.

Thoughts on this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
1) Stasman, shut the fuck up about imbalanced heroes. You seem to know nothing of the game.
2) Dark Knight? You mean Abaddon? Learn something called Micro before you complain.
3) Night Stalker is only "rigged" if you use him in em. If you play as him in a normal game against players who actually know how to deny (you get the same, or little less exp in em even if your enemies deny) you won't be able to over-power enemies with his powerful nuke and slow.
4) DotA isn't a bad game, nor is the community. Go play any game that's popular and tell me they have a good community. Even the Hiveworkshop is full of retards. Look at the n4r07u 5p3lp4x people, you hate them. It's the same concept in the DotA community, everyone hates those fags who do nothing but bitch, ck, and banlist.

Seriously, the only person here who has a legit reason to hate DotA is HappyTauren. The rest of you should stop complaining just because (this may not apply to all of you, but you can tell when someone bitches about imba heroes it's them) you got owned in a pub.

Level 27
Seriously, the only person here who has a legit reason to hate DotA is HappyTauren.
Actually its more of a reason to hate the maker, not the map. The map itself, IMO, is fine. It has its balance issues, but so does every game. And as for the new terrain, it is a lot more strategic, people are just pissed because it's new. Once they learn the new terrain, they'll be fine with it.
--donut3.5--

Yes, I am a Dotard because I play it maybe 5-6 times a week and am better than you at it. Love your logic Stasman. You should go do something with your time that's actually worth something, like making new raps for us to laugh at.

Agreed 100%

Find me on B.net name:pareDagger

we can play together sometime,i'll own you ;)

Level 25
Dota is good only if you play it with the right people, not no-lifers,nor noobs but the golden middle - normal gamers.
@HappyTauren
What did they not credited you for icon,model,what???

Also there is a large amount of people that think IceFrog stole the base map from some guy(i share their opinion).
The map is fine,the creator :thumbs_down:.

I personaly don't see why people flame dota here, it's an map(not an plague) - end of story for me.

Level 7
I hope dota dies and burns all the way down to the ground, damn that game is annoying. :p
Everybody is acting so stupid about such an easy to make game.. xD

Sad to say, on garena there are 6k+ people still playing it...

lol your annoyed coz your noob in dota..in garena its a hit game..millions have played it..the new versions is as good as it is..:grin:

Level 15
Warcraft III's Ladder system and Warcraft III's DotA (not AoS, there's a difference) system are two entirely different strategies...

In Ladder, you focus more on crowd control (massing spells that disable or buff units). That's why abilities like Hex and Polymorph and Sleep last for 45 seconds and have a cooldown of about 12.

In DotA, you focus more on hero control (harassing and getting gold by using your hero to kill the creeps). Then buy items which can then be upgraded ultimately into more powerful items (or recipes). Then you can become the dominant hero and get more gold because you kill more heroes.

There's a big difference Stasman. Stop trying to act smart, we already declared you know nothing.

Level 12
I don't see any proof, and so far most of the top players love these new versions from what I have read. DotA just keeps getting better and better and the only reason people hate it is either they suck at it, got flamed when they played it (which happens sometimes even if your really pro), or know their map will never reach it's popularity and goodness (90% of hive goers *cough*).

Level 6
Dreadnought[dA];889845 said:
I don't see any proof, and so far most of the top players love these new versions from what I have read. DotA just keeps getting better and better and the only reason people hate it is either they suck at it, got flamed when they played it (which happens sometimes even if your really pro), or know their map will never reach it's popularity and goodness (90% of hive goers *cough*).
Fuckin' agreed.

Level 23
And I thought I was the only one...

No matter what you say, the skill component in Dota isn't that great. Go out and become pro at ladder matches and tell me that's easier than getting "good" at Dota.

u havent understood how dota works~

the hard part is not controlling ur one hero. (thats hard too, try getting all the lasthits). dota is about strategy, teamwork and picking.

Level 20
u havent understood how dota works~

the hard part is not controlling ur one hero. (thats hard too, try getting all the lasthits). dota is about strategy, teamwork and picking.
+Tactic +Experience

With experience I mean, that you need to know every ability of every hero and so the way to counter/avoid them. Theres really no way, that you'll pwn in your first Dota after having 1000-10 stats in Warcraft III ladder games.

Level 24
dota herocontrol requires more thinking

Lol wtf you just epic failed.

Ok guys, this thread is just full of fucking fail and you all know it. Most of you don't even discuss about he damn subject anymore so please GTFO!
And the truth is that DotA is dying every god damn second and will be dead when SC2 comes. Resurrection is possible in SC2, but most likely won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.