• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DotA is dying.

Thoughts on this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway,I dunno what...do you really care that people are violent over this game?You act like you are a parent or something.I don't think you really care of course.You just hate the map for some "obvious" reasons(your map doesn't get popular because of it,you suck at it)and you think that this game must die.Tell me a valid reason you hate this.The community?Go to DotA-Allstars.com - Welcome and see a thread.They are ok,not much spam,hive has more.Online?Just ignore them and play your game.

Level 8
Anyway,I dunno what...do you really care that people are violent over this game?You act like you are a parent or something.I don't think you really care of course.You just hate the map for some "obvious" reasons(your map doesn't get popular because of it,you suck at it)and you think that this game must die.Tell me a valid reason you hate this.The community?Go to DotA-Allstars.com - Welcome and see a thread.They are ok,not much spam,hive has more.Online?Just ignore them and play your game.

I hate it because of the gameplay where items play a large role in determining the winner as compared to some maps where you must actually work for your kills with your abilities. Thus, experience is the bigger factor here and not skills. Some like that but I don't. Furthermore, the person winning will feel extremely good while the person losing will feel very bad, it's all about the satisfaction distribution, I'd say it's more like 3/4 for the winner or even more.
I also hate the way the map is balanced the easy way, that is using items to compensate for the addition of heroes. And lastly, the fights don't last long, it's only a few hits and it's not proportionate with the time you take to level up not to mention the map is visually unappealing.

It's just sad that Dota is the most popular wc3 map. I've seen what the world editor can do, and games like Dota don't even stretch the limits of it, and I'm speaking for all popular crappy maps, such as vampirism and footman wars. If you ask me, I hate these maps more than Dota, so don't think I'm targeting Dota only..

The other reasons are all shitty though.

On a side note, it's still fun to bash dotards, just like we still like to make fun of narutards.

Last edited:

DPL

DPL

Level 5
NOO DOTAA!
You know what? I don't think its possible dota to die. This map is one of the best RPG maps. It has a huge community and I don't think even for a second that this map can die.

Status
Not open for further replies.