• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proof DoTA is taking over Warcraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Guys... it's a sad, sad day. Here is the absolute proof showing what we've assumed for a while now. It looks like DoTA has been more popular than the game it was created for itself for at least 3 years now.

Check it out for yourself:

attachment.php

Not that we didn't assume this already :cry:.

Attachments

• DoTAtakingover.jpg
    DoTAtakingover.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 672
Level 12
At least it will never "take over" the Hive, but seriously for people with so much hate towards it you sure like to talk about it. Maybe you should just forget about it, reminding people how dota is more awesome then warcraft isnt going to make it less "awesome" in fact you're just increasing the popularity.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Again, this will turn in to another flame war, just wait some posts... And DotA is good, better than a lot of craps out here. Why it's hated by most of the users here/other places? Because of the fannaticals, A.K.A. dotards. They can kill their friends just to play dota :p

Level 14
Dota is a good map but I don't like playing it. The community speaks for itself tho. I find Demigod more fun.

Level 8
I agree that DotA is better than most other maps out there, but that's because most of the others suck.

Yep. DotA usually works fine, but Im still kinda amazed how badly it is actually done. Its still pretty fun to pwn some noobs.

But really, If some other map would be the most hosted in bnet, you would play and hate it just like you play and hate DotA.

SteelStallion and HyperActive, i agree with both of you guys. you gotta admit, the melee map gets boring real fast.

you know, back when Dota was loved, our hockey team battle cry used to be "DOTA!!!!"
we score a goal and we will be like "DOTA!!!!!". hilarious
then all the wannabe-idiots, who btw have no idea that you dont buy dota, started copying us. then we started hating dota. i think that was the main reason for me. all the newfags going on and on and on and on about dota when its old news.

dota is still a classic. i play from time to time to chillax and stuff but thats just killing time

btw our current battlecry is "FRIED RICE!!!!!!"

Level 22
The only disappointing is that Dota dominated over the melee, many left the ladder and switched to play Dota... And this graph if correct compares melee and Dota. Whatever the graph should look, it woould really show Dota is much higher. But that's something i KNow ssince few yrs ago so nothing new.

So you can have your fight Doters vs Mapmakers but we, Meleers don't care :p I don't like Dota very much but it is not the reason for the fall of interest in melee, so I don't mind it and I play it with friends. I only hate the stupid trolls coz elsewhere I don't see as much unmannered noobs as in Dota. Heck they learn to control 1 hero for 5 years, some of us learn to do that with units and buildings as well.

Pyramidhe@d: The melee gets boring fast only if you haven't gone inside it for years to know what is cool about playing another and another game vs elf, ud or whataver. If you like soccer and follow which team wins vs who, takes part in what league, etc. war3 is the same and that's why it is called electronic sports, it's on PC but has the same idea and what's more you can be part of it. Ofc after YEARS anfd not before, when you see no difference in the balance, it gets boring, but that needs years. Not 1-2 games, "oh i lose, boring, bye'. In order to be good it takes years, and to me the the interesting in melee started when I became relatively good.

I left ladder 1.5 yers ago coz:
• I learnt about SC2 coming soon (no point in playing more war3), war3 was for several years already, needs a change, I was away from games for that much and coz hu vs ud was never balaced, only expand wins to beat an even not so good ud, that's the strat since 3 years ago. Coz ud always is much stronger than hu in late game.

Level 35
DotA is a good map, people are just jealous and angry because it has literally taken over the WC3 community and has quite a good chance of doing the same damage to SC2. I personally despise both the overrated DotA fandom and the people who say "dota is gay" without an apparent reason.

This happens to all the games though. Just take a look at CS, every second server is running on Dust2.

Pyramidhe@d: The melee gets boring fast only if you haven't gone inside it for years to know what is cool about playing another and another game vs elf, ud or whataver. If you like soccer and follow which team wins vs who, takes part in what league, etc. war3 is the same and that's why it is called electronic sports, it's on PC but has the same idea and what's more you can be part of it. Ofc after YEARS anfd not before, when you see no difference in the balance, it gets boring, but that needs years. Not 1-2 games, "oh i lose, boring, bye'. In order to be good it takes years, and to me the the interesting in melee started when I became relatively good.

actually i played all the campaigns and stuff, both RoC and FT. they were pretty fun. yeah. i am pretty noobie but i didnt quit after first games. i played quite a few. i got bored of it after a year

This happens to all the games though. Just take a look at CS, every second server is running on Dust2.

yeah...dust2 was fun...

Level 4
I have nothing against DOTA the map. But I really do not enjoy AOS maps. The thing that I do hate are the 'elitist' who are really asshats who should be locked in a cage full of angry sloths until they are no longer asshats.

My main concern is that Blizzard will fail to recognize any need for a custom map filter system for SCII and the games Battlenet will have the poor game selector as WCIII.

So keep on AOS'in the hell outta each other I really dont mind.

Level 34
DotA is a great map, and once people can admit that it's better than 95% of all other maps out there, they are all stupid faggots. Amen.
You realize that being better than 95% of all other maps isn't an impressive figure, right? :p

Level 12
me and a friend in my class:
Him: Hey have you heard of this game called Dota?
Me: Yea, so you play warcraft?
Him: whats warcraft?

OMFG, i wanted to shoot myself ....

Dota is a good, well made map.
The only problem is the over hyped people who play it...
They take the game way too seriously, and do not want to try anything else,
if they would they would find ALOT of games BETTER than Dota, ie: Against the darkness, Tkok, COmbat Zone, and 1000000 of other maps,
problem is, the only games hosted on b.net is Dota, and cheep ripoffs of traditional maps, ie: tree tag and footmen frenzy

GLB

GLB

Level 8
me and a friend in my class:
Him: Hey have you heard of this game called Dota?
Me: Yea, so you play warcraft?
Him: whats warcraft?

OMFG, i wanted to shoot myself ....

Dota is a good, well made map.
The only problem is the over hyped people who play it...
They take the game way too seriously, and do not want to try anything else,
if they would they would find ALOT of games BETTER than Dota, ie: Against the darkness, Tkok, COmbat Zone, and 1000000 of other maps,
problem is, the only games hosted on b.net is Dota, and cheep ripoffs of traditional maps, ie: tree tag and footmen frenzy

lol... this story with your class mate is great! ^^
However, Dota is to me just one of all those AoS maps outta there. I remember having played other really good AoS maps with crazy spells aso. Dota's sole advantage is the huge community. When playing Dota, you can be sure to play at least with some pros. Play other maps like Castle Fight or AoS of the Druids and you will see, that there are better maps than DotA.
And by the way, most people in DotA-Community are weird...

Well, I've always stated that I've got nothing against DotA.
I used to play the game (and I was very good at it).

The only problem with DotA is the 'hardcore' players (who we all know are 12 year old kids).
If it wasn't for them, I'd play it.

I just really don't like being cursed out by someone much younger than me, or being called a newb because someone got off a lucky shot and killed me.

Level 8
Especially for a map that has been around for how much, 5 years.
But still, I must say Icefrog is going a hell of a good job. Heroes become better designed, more interesting, and balanced (though there are about 90 heroes, so it ain't gonna be that easy).

Level 12
I treat dota like any custom map.

I end up playing it about the same as warcraft 3 and impossible bosses.
I rarely play it with out friends but I think its a blast.

I am not trying to tell you that you have to like the game, or think its the best game ever made. But don't be a hater :)

I believe its very high quality map. The only thing that gets on my nearve the most is in most warcrart modeing sites like the hive. Many if not more then 50% seem to be a hater. the other 50% arnt haters but most of them hate the people that play on warcraft that only play dota and don't give there map a chance. I cant say i blame them but I have only tired warcraft 3 and no other games like it (besides games from blizzard like starcraft). So to me its the same thing i found a game that i am happy with so what, don't hate me for it. There could be a better game out there. So i don't care i am happy playing dota and impossible bosses. (I do try all kinds of custom games but i was trying to make a point)

Anyway it wasn't my goal to att anyone so hopefully it didn't come across that way.

Level 8
The only thing that gets on my nearve the most is in most warcrart modeing sites like the hive. Many if not more then 50% seem to be a hater. the other 50% arnt haters but most of them hate the people that play on warcraft that only play dota and don't give there map a chance.
As for me, I don't hate the people, I hate the concept of the map itself (for example, using items to balance the game instead of true hero balance). Hating the people that plays it is stupid.

If you like Dota, it's best to stick to the official forum of Dota instead. You won't get nervous over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.