• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proof DoTA is taking over Warcraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
There are worse things out there...

Attachments

• viz.png
    viz.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 134
Level 9
I went to Even More on Google, and there no such thing as trends. Really, DoTA is only 50%. Thats fortunate. And by the way Steel Stallion, I'LL BURN YOU! MWhahahahha.

Level 12
DotA is a great map, and once people can admit that it's better than 95% of all other maps out there, they are all stupid faggots. Amen.

Better map? It was good because of its simplicity, and gained popularity over time, over and over until we get this shit, where 2/3 of the games up are dota. Theres a difference between popularity of something and how good it is.

A good chunk of dota players played it because there friends told them too, lot of them only play dota, and thats it.

So saying its better then 95% of maps is beyond biased lol.

why are you seriously comparing dota and WoW? two different genres, and WAY, WAY more people play WoW then warcraft 3.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some people have not read the trend stats, A huge ammount of DotA traffic comes from the Philippines (I would have thought USA / europe), and more so it is mostly in the language of Tagalog (never heard of in WC3). Thus the results are obviouly not aimed at DotA but are actually taking into account that dota may actually mean something in another language and so includes it in the results.

Eithor that or people who speak Tagalog love DotA.

Level 17
This whole thread is ridiculous.
DoTA is popular. A lot of people play it. Some of those people are douchebags. Get over it.
Everyone complains that DoTA is "ruining Warcraft 3"
Without DoTA Warcraft 3 would be dead or it would repeating the DoTA phenomenon with a different game.
Imagine how many people come to Warcraft 3 because of DoTA, then stay because they find what else it offers.

If you hate getting yelled at by all the pro DoTA players, then stop whining and either
A. Stop playing DoTA
B. Practice, Practice, Practice!

DoTA is not going anywhere, hell it may carry over to Starcraft 2. I'm sure somebody will attempt it.
It's fun, fast, and creative. If it didn't have something going for it, then nobody would be playing it. Believe it or not, some people do know when they are playing a bad map.

Level 8
Why do people write DoTA when it's incorrect. It's DotA.

Also, this thread is kinda going overboard. I would like for a thread about DotA discussion so we could see why people like/hate it and then conclude who's wright. But such thread needs to be moderated so people don't start throwing bad language and insults to others.

Level 17
All threads on THW are moderated. Anything with DotA in the name is bound to attract extremists from both sides. By now it has just become a way of life.

(I do DoTA because I'm too lazy to keep my pinky up long enough to get the t in.)

Level 15
leet.firefox is right. DotA is fine, most who plays it ain't, but again, alot who doesn't play DotA is some douchebags too...

I actually love how we always end up discussing weather DotA is good or not, at the Lan's ;P

Personally, i don't like DotA, i'm just not a fan of AoS.

So....

"Opens up a can of coke" Let da flamin' begin!

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Why do people write DoTA when it's incorrect. It's DotA.

Also, this thread is kinda going overboard. I would like for a thread about DotA discussion so we could see why people like/hate it and then conclude who's wright. But such thread needs to be moderated so people don't start throwing bad language and insults to others.

There are exactly 473 threads about this. All of they (whitout exception) became a flame war, with lots of bans and neg reps. Maybe this one can be the first exception.

Level 6
As for me, I don't hate the people, I hate the concept of the map itself (for example, using items to balance the game instead of true hero balance). Hating the people that plays it is stupid.

If you like Dota, it's best to stick to the official forum of Dota instead. You won't get nervous over there.

then if we won't balance the game with items, then what will?

so if we buy items balance is destroyed? something like that? so it turns out into the person with most kills won't be stopped anymore like that?

it's great that items make balance. just think about it. a hero owns with 3 butterflies, then you buy guinsoo, which gives you a chance to kill him, you see?

Level 6
So thats the assumption. Not a fact =)

no it's a fact. just look at garena, in the philippines there's like 94 rooms for dota and some more for shop to shop dota. and how many for other maps? not even half of that, and only 1/4 of those rooms gets populated, some doesn't even have players at all.

sorry for double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.