• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bought Warcraft III, Can't Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So after years of pirating, I've finally decided to buy Warcraft III.
Realizing that the Frozen Throne wasn't included, I became very sad, but went on my merry way to download RoC.
But then it says "This app can't run on your PC, to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher"
Anyone care to help? I just thought I got ripped off by Blizzard. (I run on Windows 8, pirated Warcraft III before worked, but it seems like the bought version doesn't)
Edit: Even tried the Battle.net app but it doesn't detect classic games.

Level 24
Have you tried to update to windows 8.1 and run in XP mode by using virtual box? Blizzard is currently working on making their old games work on modern platforms and have said to include wc3 in their Battle.net app.

Level 10
Have you tried to update to windows 8.1 and run in XP mode by using virtual box? Blizzard is currently working on making their old games work on modern platforms and have said to include wc3 in their Battle.net app.

Actually, come to think of it I am on Windows 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.