• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Do I Download Warcraft 3 Classic That's Not The Reforged Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I can't seem to download the classic Warcraft 3 from Battle Net... It's keep trying to install the reforged version instead, and my current PC couldn't handle the size of the reforged version nor do i have enough internet connection to download it (I use Mobile Data). If they really removed the classic version completely then at least give me some pirate websites to get the classic latest version, that would be much appreciated.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I can't seem to download the classic Warcraft 3 from Battle Net... It's keep trying to install the reforged version instead [...] If they really removed the classic version completely [...]
The WC3 "Classic" online installer(s) from Blizzard's official downloads page are imho deceitful.

Should you want to download the full v1.27a v2 of the game, you can still find on Blizzard's servers what I refer to as being the Legacy Downloader, by following the instructions in this post:

As of this writing, it allows to download only the full offline standalone installer v1.27a2 (sadly, the full v1.21b is not available anymore afaik), in all supported languages and for any supported OS. Just follow the instructions in the post on Battle.net above.

Needless to say, installing this version afterwards still requires valid 26-digit CD-Keys.

Your Classic-that's-not-the-Reforged-version illustrates imho a recurring problem with terminology, when it comes to classify the versions of the game that have been released since v1.27a, in 2016. I myself refer to Legacy versions, Classic versions and the Reforged versions, but I do not definitively say when one ends and the other begins. Simply be aware that some people here may refer to versions <1.32 as already being Reforged ones. One day, maybe we will have to sort it all out...

[...] at least give me some pirate websites to get the classic latest version [...]
What for? You are already on the Hive Workshop.
:grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.