• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Be A Mapper these Days it’s not easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello Hivers, how you handle things now...
Since Blizzard Splitted the Community into

Classic
Reforged
Lower Patch Versions

For me it change my work a lot...
I want to do a reforged map.. but I know I never get 8 reforged players together in a lobby.. if I still map on classic it’s not what i want it’s only a fair desicion...
Then there is a problem on classic maps playing on reforged because some reforged models are bigger or higher then the classic one there is one neutral unit that is 3 times bigger in reforged then in classic (assets) or same for dooads like the night elf pier it’s 2 time bigger...

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Make a single player map, simple enough.

Also reforged and classic should be able to coexist as long as they run similar patches.
At least that was the original pitch. And I know the editor has support for this to some extent as you can specify if a model import is supposed to be used for reforged or not.

Although as you say, at that point you are basically trying to make two maps in one in terms of visuals.

You can also detect if a person is running reforged or not with triggers to adapt those.

Level 12
And how you manage the difference of both in things like Models, Dooads?
Even the fog is so much different... in classic you can create some dark atmosphere... in reforged everything looks to much colored and friendlier... I once joined a Gaias lobby and instantly got desynced out the game (maybe because I use reforged graphics?) I don’t like this coexistence...

And ye Chaosy... Singleplayer Map it’s a Solution... but why you should be forced in your Desicion...

Level 12
Scenario 1: I said in the 1 post that some models, dooads, fog, and and and have differences big differences some models and dooads are 3 times bigger in reforged then in classic examples (Brood Mother, Centaurer Warchief, Magnatauer Destroyer)

Scenario 2:Would be a Solution yes, but then the whole Reforged Thing would be for nothing... and it would be Better before Reforged...

My point is that this whole Reforged thing give us some pretty nice things like custom ui or oskey keys or what ever but it change a lot for Mappers, Modelling, Artists.. and Players ( you buy reforged want to play a map and you play it in classic graphics you did. own classic before and now, you like this map a lot you play it 1-2 times a week) for what you buyed now reforged in the second line ? For the Campagin?

Or you own only Classic and miss all the new cool maps people worked on for months in only Reforged...

Status
Not open for further replies.