• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign in native 16:9, proper balance and my localization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys,
my Son and I were eagerly waiting for Reforged so we can finally play the Campaign together but since it’s super buggy and the RoC campaign is using TFT values it’s not an option anymore. So fuck it, we're gonna play the good old stuff then! He’s 5 though and doesn’t understand English so i need an install with German localization.

The problem i see is the last standalone installer was 1.27b which doesn’t support native 16:9 but everything beyond 1.27b will auto-update to current version with the fucked up RoC balance. Alternatively I tried the RoC campaing on PTR and it seems to work fine but there i don’t know how to change the localization…

I currently have these Versions on my PC:
  • Up-to-date Version with classic+Reforged keys accossiated to the account.
  • Latest PTR install English
  • TFT install English from CD (Vers. 1.07)
  • TFT install English (Vers. 1.27b)
So my questions is, is there a way to to play the wc3 campaign (RoC+TFT) with he following values?
  • correct balance (no RoC with TFT balance)
  • proper 16:9 resolution (no stretch)
  • non-Eng localization (in my case German Audio+Text)
Thanks for any tips!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@cabo: for the record, starting with v1.27a and up to and including v1.29.2, ambient sounds have been disabled.

[...] proper 16:9 resolution (no stretch) [...]
Also for the record and regarding any of the third-party unofficial proper widescreen solutions around, no-one afaik has ever attempted to fully recam/tweak the campaigns, so that the cinematics/interludes better fit a widescreen display.

Level 1
[RenderEdge] Widescreen Fix with 1.27 should be able to meet all those requirements (I recall 1.27b has German install). If 1.27b does not seem to properly meet your needs, you can use that with 1.26 as well.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Daffa. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. "RenderEdge supports only 1.26a patch!" is what i get when i try to launch with the 1.27b exe associated with it.

I fear there is no perfect solution (Blizzard releasing Reforged properly would have been one obviously). I think 4:3 will have to be the compromise I'll have to make...

@pyf Thanks for the infos!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
(sorry for the necro; because of the pandemic and stuff, this thread has been left to rot until now)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Daffa. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. "RenderEdge supports only 1.26a patch!" is what i get when i try to launch with the 1.27b exe associated with it. [...]
It is because you have downloaded RenderEdge (which is designed only for v1.26a), not RenderEdge Widescreen Fix (currently at v1.2.0c) which supports several versions of the game, including yours.

So my questions is, is there a way to to play the wc3 campaign (RoC+TFT) with he following values?
  • correct balance (no RoC with TFT balance)
Please consider giving this mod a try:
Restores the Reign of Chaos tech tree, UI and art in the Reign of Chaos maps, and more. Works best on versions of TFT in English, though.

That being said, because you have the CDs, I see no problem with any original RoC balance that would supposedly be missing from anywhere. Just install from your RoC 1.00 CD, and then use any of the official RoC upgrade patches and that's it. TFT has never been a mandatory install to begin with.

• proper 16:9 resolution (no stretch)
Aside from RenderEdge Widescreen Fix, please also consider giving this other one a try:
If some options in the current version do not work, then please try a previous one, like for example v2.19 (depending on what you are interested in)

For the record, tweaking some mdx files alone can already fix (or significantly improve) the cursors, the logos, the loading screens, the endscreen, the loadbar, the multiplayer screens, the score screens. Extra fixes / improvements can very certainly be achieved by editing the fdf files, but in that case one must run the game with an executable that allows to load more modified files than allowlocalfiles does. This is (for example) how the subtitles of the FMVs can be fixed.

• non-Eng localization (in my case German Audio+Text)
Based on the information from this thread:
... you can download any localized version of the full v1.27a (including the one in German). You will need a valid 26-digit CD-Key to install this version, which should not be a problem for you, because you have mentioned you have already attached your classic+Reforged keys/license to your account. Fyi, the official upgrade patches (for both RoC and/or TFT) to 1.27b are still available from Blizzard as of this writing

The thing I am a bit surprised with is that theoretically and unless I am mistaken, you already had the possibility to download this localized version of the game. Please explore the options of your Battle.net account more thoroughly maybe?

** Update **
[...] He’s 5 [...]
For some reason, I also feel compelled to post this link about the game's rating:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.