• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using two RoC with one TFT key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi guys and merry christmas :)

My brother and me both own a valid Warcraft 3 RoC CD-Key. But we only have one TFT key which we both used to install TFT (mainly I was using BNet with it so there don't have been any problems so far.

Today I got my new screen and we decided to play WC3 on BNet, but when one of us is logged in (RoC), the other one get's the error: "xxx is logged into BNet with this serial (Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne)" (something like this, I'm German but that should be the correct translation^^).

Does anyone know why this happends? It would be very bad if we have to buy a fourth game, only so that we can play ONE game online. That TFT isn't working for both is clear, but RoC?
I also checked the installed/registered Keys, they are defintely the same.

Does anyone know why?

I hope this is the right section, I don't have been here for a very long time and didn't find a technical support for the game itself :D

Greets,
Lord

Level 14
There shouldn't be any problems.

Also I'm assuming your trying to connect Bnet RoC version right? I mean you opened the RoC client not the TFT one.

Level 4
If you're using the digital version of the games for installation that will happen. Because it connects both keys somehow, you gotta install with CD of the game or just get another TFT key.

Other possible solution could be to connect on different realms, and then join a bot game. But that's not the best solution of course.

Level 9
I know it might sound inappropriate but... if you want to play together and you're not interested in finding other people you know on Bnet, you could use Garena. It's a program that allows you to play trough an "virtual" LAN. There are many people using it so it's quite fine if you want to play full house game, although you sometimes have to wait if what you're playing isn't a really known map (either melee or something else).
It doesn't care for the key so you won't have any problems... you will be able to play using the TFT client. If you're not into using such programs then my suggestion is to get another TFT key...

Hope it helped.

Level 3
You can play TFT online if one of you hosts in TFT and one joins via LAN, I don't know why it would occur in RoC though when you have 2 keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.