1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Where to buy a ROC key?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Teitan, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM.

1. Teitan

Teitan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, i wonder if there's any reliable website where i can buy a ROC cd key? so i can play bnet and use the up-to-date editor, i'm not interested on reforged graphics, i just want to play the normal W3 on bnet and be able to continue my project which i had started on the 1.31 editor, i'm looking for a roc key because i heard it grants you access to both roc and tft with classic graphics (thus saving some money), but if i'm wrong please correct me (and please tell me where can i get a tft key too)

Cheers.

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can't play bnet without updating to 1.32 which will automatically bring you to the Reforged
    changes that you want to avoid. For older versions you would have to use different means to play online.

3. Teitan

Teitan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, my bad i know it is the same client, i mean i'm not interested on the updated graphics, but i want to legally own warcraft 3 minus the updated graphics, i know it is the same 30 gb client, but i heard that if you own a reign of chaos cd key, you can download reforged and play both ROC + TFT and BNET, only without the updated graphics

So i want to know if that's true, and where i can buy a cd key from, because blizzard doesn't offer that option anymore

Thanks in advance!

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can play without the updated graphic, but you will still be brought to the new main menu,
    meaning that features such as LAN or custom campaigns are gone even if you did not purchase
    Reforged.

I am not aware of an option that allows you to play Bnet without going to that version.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Teitan

Teitan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there, @Shar Dundred, i think you are not getting it, i think it's my fault tho, because english is not my native language and i tend to mess up my wording, but thank you nonetheless :)

@deepstrasz , thank you!, that was exactly what i was looking for, although it seems to be around the same price reforged has, i might just end up buying reforged lol, and regarding the legality of this operation, i have the 1.31 backup files i kept after i refunded reforged, so i guess it'd be like 75% legal? xD

7. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you mean even if I didnt buy reforged I can still play it?

8. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yes, you just have to input your legitimate CD keys in your account (I input-ed both TFT and ROC key in mine), go to legacy installers at Blizzard's website, launch the launcher/installer and it will automatically download Reforged. Once the download is done, the game will be by default set to standard graphics if you haven't bought Reforged yet, and you will have to launch the game in the Blizzard app now under Warcraft III Reforged.

You see they did this because they are purging the pirates, Blizzard app doesn't accept fake CD Keys whereas the old version of the game doesn't actually check online the CD key you have input-ed during the first run if it is a legitimate key(s).