• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where to buy a ROC key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, i wonder if there's any reliable website where i can buy a ROC cd key? so i can play bnet and use the up-to-date editor, i'm not interested on reforged graphics, i just want to play the normal W3 on bnet and be able to continue my project which i had started on the 1.31 editor, i'm looking for a roc key because i heard it grants you access to both roc and tft with classic graphics (thus saving some money), but if i'm wrong please correct me (and please tell me where can i get a tft key too)

Cheers.

Level 6
You can't play bnet without updating to 1.32 which will automatically bring you to the Reforged
changes that you want to avoid. For older versions you would have to use different means to play online.

Hello, my bad i know it is the same client, i mean i'm not interested on the updated graphics, but i want to legally own warcraft 3 minus the updated graphics, i know it is the same 30 gb client, but i heard that if you own a reign of chaos cd key, you can download reforged and play both ROC + TFT and BNET, only without the updated graphics

So i want to know if that's true, and where i can buy a cd key from, because blizzard doesn't offer that option anymore

Thanks in advance!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
So i want to know if that's true, and where i can buy a cd key from, because blizzard doesn't offer that option anymore
https://www.g2a.com/ro-ro/warcraft-...446eca30fa27923984e2a56c4ec&___language=en-gb
https://www.g2a.com/ro-ro/warcraft-...266b08ff263f0792c6dfddd3150&___language=en-gb
Buy Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos Battle.net

However, a CD-key is just that. Without a proper installer. Well, there's other ways to get that but you know, then it'll be 50% legal :D

Level 6
Hey there, @Shar Dundred, i think you are not getting it, i think it's my fault tho, because english is not my native language and i tend to mess up my wording, but thank you nonetheless :)

@deepstrasz , thank you!, that was exactly what i was looking for, although it seems to be around the same price reforged has, i might just end up buying reforged lol, and regarding the legality of this operation, i have the 1.31 backup files i kept after i refunded reforged, so i guess it'd be like 75% legal? xD

you mean even if I didnt buy reforged I can still play it?

Yes, you just have to input your legitimate CD keys in your account (I input-ed both TFT and ROC key in mine), go to legacy installers at Blizzard's website, launch the launcher/installer and it will automatically download Reforged. Once the download is done, the game will be by default set to standard graphics if you haven't bought Reforged yet, and you will have to launch the game in the Blizzard app now under Warcraft III Reforged.

You see they did this because they are purging the pirates, Blizzard app doesn't accept fake CD Keys whereas the old version of the game doesn't actually check online the CD key so you can just get random CD keys online at it will still work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.