• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Serious feedback on the new patch and Refroged in general: here's how you fix it.

Roll it back. Put Warcraft 3 back to the last patch it was at before you defiled it, put the current build in the trash, and spend the next few months fixing Reforged and making it a totally separate executable. Stop patching and changing the original WC3 and focus all your "creativity" on the separate, new version you created.

It's still raw, and it needs to go back in the oven.

Level 34
Hey guys, miss me? (If anyone here even knows who I am)
I remember you! HIP HOP FOR EVER! :cgrin:

You're all acting like kids lol. Next off-topic post (i.e not about the patch notes) is getting the hammer.
Hey! But we cannot just talk about pact notes as there is no new patch. Reforged itself is patch technically so this should be considered on topic. People complain and talk about Reforged official release mostly.

And be done with this site as well if censorship ensues.
Which site, Blizzard's site where they tend to ban people?

Here is a HD quality video of these assets:
hey, where is that from? is this mod?

Level 23
For some reason (compression maybe?), Reforged looks terrible when you see screenshots or you watch streams of it. But when I tried it out yesterday for the first time, the ingame graphics are very impressive, and it feels high quality (just my opinion). The units are also very distinguishable, and for the ones that look similar, the team coloured HP bars deals with them.

Hopefully, people can give it a play themselves rather than rely on pictures/steams, since there is a strong discrepancy between the two.

The main issues I encountered were violent lag spikes every-time alt tabbing out, and some custom games broken by the invulnerable children "fix".

Level 34
Basically the discord is in Blizzard's moderation so....
And Hive moved there!
Hey this is one thing which I will always remember as bad on this site. They closed our chat for Discord!
Moving already built in and famous thing for something outside of chat is not Ok for me.
And now since you are telling me that Blizzard has control over it... Damnit man

Level 8
I may buy the game if it goes on a %50 sale. I haven't had the chance to play this game multiplayer for ages and I miss it :p

I found a site that sold original war3 key for about 15 euros or so. I might use that as a backup plan in case it doesn't go to a sale.

Level 17
For some reason (compression maybe?), Reforged looks terrible when you see screenshots or you watch streams of it. But when I tried it out yesterday for the first time, the ingame graphics are very impressive, and it feels high quality (just my opinion). The units are also very distinguishable, and for the ones that look similar, the team coloured HP bars deals with them.

Hopefully, people can give it a play themselves rather than rely on pictures/steams, since there is a strong discrepancy between the two.

The main issues I encountered were violent lag spikes every-time alt tabbing out, and some custom games broken by the invulnerable children "fix".
this.

i played the "full version" for the first time yesterday. I played the thrall campaign, and it actually looked pretty good (graphics on max). Only complaint would be the difference between unit models and terrain/doodads. they dont quite fit.

Level 19
and some proplayers have different opinion
By the way on Hiveworkshop's discord saying '1.26 was more stable than 1.32' to a 'Blizzard Employee' is a ban reason, so beware of it
It's like smashing a bottle of water in front of african kids. Why would you do dis?

Last edited:
Level 27
thats not critics, actually, it doesnt show the problem and doesnt help to resolve it, just laughing about wont help to anyone, so expected

On one hand, 1.26 was more stable than 1.32, that is a truth. How truth can be offensive or toxic?

I believe there are enough experiences in the industry about games being unplayable at launch, that used their fanbase as free beta testers and the sour flavor for doing that. There is a good reason for why people buy only the Game of the Year, or Gold editions, after everything is patched.

It isn't our fault that Blizzard decided to be a follower of that damaging trend. Launch the game later with minimal bugs, the players and workers are going to be happy because they're not going to crunch many hours fixing messes.

Level 16
I don't agree that games must be 100% bug free at release, and that only GOTY or Special or Final or Definitive editions are worth the buy.

But Refunded is not even that, a proper release. It's on early alpha at best.

I agree with someone that said that to fix this mess, they should roll back our original game; while they work on Reforged as a new game for the next year.

Level 6
Last patches of w3 were more "positive" for melee than 1.26, when it was a rampage of hackers in ladder.

Don't be such short sight.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Three (edit: Four) more datamined models missing in game:
889854.jpg

889867.jpg

889903.jpg
889865.jpg
I can understand about some creeps, but this! They are the main protagonists of not one, but two Campaigns. I mean c'mo Blizzard. This just doesn't make any sense!!!

On the bright side of this, if they get hotfixed back in game (alongside the missing Jenalla Deemspring), I may get higher chances to see what Anduin Lothar and Khadgar looked like in The Last Guardian.

Same as Sen'jin, Zar'jira, Califax, Blackthorn, etc.

Level 9
We never paid any heed the boycotting prophecies
Like fools, we clung to the old Blizzard hype
And hoped as we had for generations...
Until the day Metacritic rained the user reviews
And the new footage came among us...
We stand now upon the brink of refunding
For the Reign of Activision has come at last

Level 10
We never paid any heed the boycotting prophecies
Like fools, we clung to the old Blizzard hype
And hoped as we had for generations...
Until the day Metacritic rained the user reviews
And the new footage came among us...
We stand now upon the brink of refunding
For the Reign of Activision has come at last

Its time to stop blaming Activision at this point the two companies merged in 2008, the old company culture is gone and has been gone since the original leads left. This is not the same blizzard as the 2000s. This a blizzard blunder, not an Activision one. Their devs were very lazy and most of their offshore work did the majority of the work.

Level 9
Its time to stop blaming Activision at this point the two companies merged in 2008, the old company culture is gone and has been gone since the original leads left. This is not the same blizzard as the 2000s. This a blizzard blunder, not an Activision one. Their devs were very lazy and most of their offshore work did the majority of the work.
Agreed, now they have the same greedy shareholders.

Level 10
I think it was actually a matter of investment.

The company clearly didn't have a good idea of how long the game would take to make, it seems to me that most of the team working on this were moved off of it to other projects. I don't think they really have any programmers left, just look at all the bugs that have been added since.

This game will remain infamous example of scope creep and a Business having little understanding about how long a game will take to be made.

Level 10
Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Blue Post

Hail War3 Players,

We’ve been following the discussions the past couple days and want to thank you for your feedback as well as your support. First off, we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted, and we’d like to share our plans for what’s coming next.

There were a few hours during launch day where we experienced server-load issues that impacted players’ ability to jump right in, but we were able to resolve those later in the day. Separate from that, we’ve seen community feedback about different aspects of Reforged that we wanted to take some time to address.

Before we go on: the team is excited that Warcraft III: Reforged is finally upon us and we’re fully committed to supporting the game for a long time to come. The next few patches and updates we’ll discuss below are just part of our ongoing plans. This game is an integral part of the Blizzard DNA, with a team that loves Warcraft III, and we’re looking forward to pouring our hearts into Reforged and the Warcraft III community for the long term.

One of the concerns with Reforged that we’ve seen are the visuals when selecting Classic Mode. We’ve identified the bug causing the colors and shading to look different from the original Warcraft III, and we’re testing a fix that will be incorporated in a larger patch addressing this issue and others. We expect to release that late this week. The patch will also address many other known issues, such as fixing some portrait animations and audio bugs, implementing some UI fixes, and more. Please keep an eye out for the patch notes for a detailed list of all the bug fixes.

Another area of concern we’re seeing is regarding online features such as leaderboards and clans, which applies to all Warcraft III players, including those who haven’t purchased Reforged. At BlizzCon we talked a lot about how the team is actively working on standing up the back-end to ensure a smooth transition to this new MMR system, much like we did with StarCraft: Remastered. As with Remastered, these and other features will be included in a major patch for Reforged, which will also address the issue for players of the original game. We’ll share release plans as work progresses in the coming weeks—please be assured that the team is hard at work on standing these features up.

There are some individual concerns we’ve seen that we’re not currently planning to address and we wanted to give the community a heads-up. As of Version 1.30 of the original game, we saw very low usage of tournaments and of the Reign of Chaos ruleset, so we removed both in mid-2019 (in Version 1.31). Eliminating the maintenance for underused elements has helped us streamline our overall support of the game and focus on areas impacting the most players. That said, we do anticipate that players who prefer Reign of Chaos will find custom games with similar rulesets, which we hope will help satisfy that concern.

Related to that, as we talked about last year at BlizzCon, we did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game. We went a little deeper into the thought process behind that at the show, but the main takeaway is that the campaigns tell one of the classic stories in Warcraft history, and we want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit rebuilt with new animations and the higher fidelity art).

We know this update doesn’t address all questions, but we’re committed to the development and support of this game. We hope you’ll keep an eye out for this week’s patch and future updates and let us know what you think as we continue fine-tuning things. Until then, thank you as always for your support and passion for Warcraft III. We appreciate all your feedback and will continue to keep the Warcraft III community updated on everything we’re working on.

Sincerely,

The Warcraft III: Reforged Team

Level 8
Not a word about custom campaigns, now I am starting to legit panic :eek:

Edit: they do not get it don´t they? most of us are veterans, adults not gullible kids anymore...

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Guess that means Custom Campaigns will require more time to be implemented.
Gotta disagree heavily with them not even mentioning that.
I'd still argue against panicking, I do not think they will permanently remove that.
And not addressing very much here... Hm. Not sure how I feel about this.

Let's wait for the next move aka the first patch before we start the fires again - before the torches
are being rekindled.

Level 17
Just give us all Warcraft III ('classic') back, so that we all can pretend War3deforged doesn't exist.
FFS! No mention of it...
People complain about bad cinematics or eula (believe me, I've spent many thousands of hours on my mod, new eula affects me way more than most), but it all pales in comparison to the simple fact that Warcraft III is annulled. This is by far the most ridiculous thing.

Level 10
I disagree with them on cinematics, you can reimagine a cinematic and make it look better. IE Compare Bladerunner 2049 vs its original. Or take Doom 2016 and compare it to the original game, its a remake of the original game and reimagined. They stayed true to the spirit of Doom while adding a really cool spin to it.

Now I think their scope for their cinematics must've been very small, you can make a cinematic look nicer with different cinematic shots because right now its a shot for shot remake. There is no originality and reminds me of the Psycho Remake film where they did that. No one likes that type of media. People like similarities but not the same thing.

The big problem as people have said is that the original warcraft 3 stuff is gone. So my clan I've been apart of for 17 years is gone now? Thanks blizzard?

Level 34
@KILLCIDE oh, I sent PM to Ralle regarding this from moment MasterBlaster addressed his name in this thread to calm down situation (two days ago). I told him about our arguing, insulting, Blizzard fanatism, and us bashing Blizzard and such and gave him links to see.
This is his reply ,,Haha, people are back and excited for good and bad." then in next sentence he asked me how I am privately, (then we talked private, but thats not matter here). But point is, he knows. And he does not see problem here.
That means we can keep going against Blizzard as they deserve. For their false advertising, refusing to refund and other illegal activities. Oh yes, my favorite 0.5/10 rating! hahahaha!
Thy can't ban us from Hive as they can in Blizzard forum, here is no code of conduct which their employees can abuse here!
So guys, keep going!

Oh, yes they did not even addressed custom campaigns. Wall of text, lot of text but said nothing that important! This all could be said in less text.
@YourArthas your mod looks almost same as Reforged and you did this for free and with limited number of people. But in Reforged there were ,,professionals". Here in my surroundings in real life, I cannot find single person agreeing with their policy regarding Reforged.

Level 34
it could be said in two words "f**k you" at least they would be honest
Yes! But we should tell them ,,f**k you" twice you corporate maggots! :cgrin: and post another youtube video to show them what deceived people think of them. Some meme, whatever you fit! Or again, my favorite 0.5 metacritic ratings! haha (Ralle does not care if we do it to greedy corporation anyway hahaha)

Seriously, seems like they need to tell us something, but do not know what. Damage is already done. Oh, did you notice that they are too confident and have too much ego to apologize! They would rather pay millions in punishment rather than give proper apology for this.
That ,,community manager" speaking of server overload and cinematic... Oh man. Trying to justify weak faulty system in first case and false advertising in second. Well, I do not blame him, he is paid to do this to speak what corporation think. But man 8 posts! he is working from shadows. We could not see him since December! That is disgrace to both Blizzard and him.

Level 10
That has to be the worst job at blizzard right now, literally a scapegoat for player hatred. That stinks but again at this point I am not surprised how terrible this game turned out to be.

A soulless cash grab. Thats all this game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.