1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Custom models I've used in maps seem to keep their scaling. It seems to be just the original doodads that are entirely ruined by Lemonsky's incompetence.

2. RIngoblood2211

RIngoblood2211

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed lol

3. AlwaysAndForever

AlwaysAndForever

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can we get ranking system for versus mode?! like 7 Tiers with 3 Division, and at the end of each month, the season resets.
    Bronze 3-2-1
    Silver 3-2-1
    Gold 3-2-1
    Diamond 3-2-1
    Master 3-2-1
    Grandmaster 3-2-1
    Legendary/Challenger 3-2-1

And the leaderboard should appear somewhere in the profile!
    [​IMG]

And you can message him/her (or someone), that he/she can draw a icon for each rank.
    Behance
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xO3KX
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Gkv9a
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4b5wm1

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/13RJ8
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0rgN8
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ybQeXK

The menu bar between reforged and classic looks bad ,and the scroll bar doesn't look fit, and the loading bar should also have a percentage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    should be like this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The towers in Campaign have the same model in World Editor!
    [​IMG]
    The Fountains should have some wisps or dragonflies!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The demon gate rotation looks bad and tent have same rotation!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bow is not in the hands of the archer!
    [​IMG]
    Is the circle moon still broken or because of the way she stand?
    [​IMG]
    Obsidian stuff should also change color!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  4. NecroVirus

NecroVirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just popping in to say I'm pretty disappointed so far :\

This isn't what I wanted.. it looks and feels soulless as fuark.

5. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're not alone in this. This release has been an ABSOLUTE dumpster fire, and yet people are still out here defending this bastardized version of Warcraft 3.

6. NecroVirus

NecroVirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    To me, this feels like it's an advertisement screen away from being a mobile phone game.

7. RIngoblood2211

RIngoblood2211

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree I think Blizzard has left the building on PC games and went to mobile when they put there hat in the game with Diablo Immotile, and the feel with this garbage of WC3 proves it.

8. AliW

AliW

Resources:
    Resources:
    What the hell happened?
    Reforged looks like garbage. xD
    The Russian guys who did the Wc3 Reborn mod seemed to do a far better job than whatever hacks Blizzard hired for the job.
    They promised completely new cutscenes, redone cinematics, new gameplay features. All they did was give the game a bleaker overtone with more polygons. What a rip off.

9. STEVENS0N

STEVENS0N

Resources:
    Resources:
    This release is a joke.. I mean i exptected some bugs/problems but cmon... Blizzard is not some indie company i guess Reforged Beta was actually and Alpha stage of the game and now we moved on to beta.. hope i won't have to wait another year to fix most things. Don't know if you noticed guys but i can't find Lan option in menu neither CUSTOM CAMPAIGN!!! I mean custom campaigns were great and I had high hopes for many new ones from community but it seems we don't even have this option anymore..

10. xvarts

xvarts

Resources:
    Resources:
    At the moment I cannot host custom games on any map.... somehow I also still have the double copies of every map. I have not even determined the install location.... it didn't install on my classic directory so I have no clue.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I especially need/want someone to confirm the custom campaigns menu not being a thing anymore.

12. AlexM

AlexM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No custom campaigns, no ladder, no clans (an advertized back of the box feature!), chat is broken, slash chat commands gone, campaign screens, UI, bnet stuff like profiles - all destroyed with no forewarning and no consideration for the base game user. I had to download 25gb of assets my game is not using for this.

I want a representative of Blizzard to come and tell me how any of the above is a gain for me. I would even be satisfied if they somehow could tell me how any of it is not a net negative.
    How did Blizzard come to a point where they're now actively destroying the good games they made.

I can't even play the game right now because every time I attempt to log in I get a an error which throws me back to the title screen where I can do nothing but quit.

I did not opt into this. I don't want any of it. Why am I being punished for a purchase I didn't make.

13. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Even I who expected Reforged to be bad and had no expectations did not see this coming.
    What a joke. It is almost funny.

14. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is why you shouldn't preorder. There is less of an incentive for them to fix what they broke, let alone release it not broken in the first place, because they already have their money. Glad I decided against preordering it, and I'm not patching until I know it's fixed.

This is very disappointing, but not entirely surprising. Blizzard-Activision has been a soulless talentless corporation for a long time, it's the not the creative development studio it was before being bought by Activision.

15. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    When did our society go down this stink-hole... Some companies of the VG industry used to make money through creating good products and reinforcing their reputation, not just via silly cash-grabs (sometimes aided by marketing campaigns). So sad. I'm not talking about any specific company here, just observe the latest trends.

16. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't buy Reforged and now I know I won't. From what I saw on Youtube and Twitch during beta and after the release, and from what I read here and there, the game is a total disappointment. If I understand well, what we got is:
    • new modern graphics and new unique models
    • new 2D menu that nobody asked for
    • Battle.net integration
    • a couple of new WE features that only a few skilled modders will be able to use, and nothing for the rest of us
    • new local voiceover (something that nobody asked for)
    • virtually no quality of life improvement
    • campaign improvements and new cutscenes scrapped almost entirely (even though many people, including me, didn't agree with those changes because it would be inspired by WoW, it's still something they promised and didn't deliver)
    • some multiplayer/lobby features removed, such as clans, chat commands, etc (and we don't know when and if they will be back)
    • broken custom models and custom maps
    • LAN removed
    • RoC removed
    • new EULA, which makes copyrights way stronger and limits modders' work
    • obligation to be online to play, even when solo playing
    • countless bugs and various issues
    • and so on
    Not to mention that the devs were silent for almost a whole year.

So, in a nutshell: new graphics, fewer features and a lot of bugs and problems. And they charge 40$/30€ for it.

And I don't even like the new art style. I don't recognise iconic characters such as Thrall, Medivh, Arthas, etc, nor do I recognise golems or ogres (are those even the same creatures??). Actually, a huge number of units are not even recognisable, it's like playing a different game. Many weapons, armour parts or body parts have extremely weird proportions or shapes. Paladins and dryads have stupid haircuts. Units/buildings and terrain look like they belong to two different games. Of course, this art style rant is just my opinion, but sadly I know I'm not the only one. I think they simply killed the atmosphere and the spirit of the game.

Warcraft III is my all-time favourite game (and many Hive members' favourite game I suppose!), I should be happy to see my favourite game getting some love again. But I feel nothing like that. I've always tried not to be too hard on Classic team, to show some restraint, I thought they were doing their best; and I was patient, I thought maybe there would be significant and interesting changes eventually. But now I can no longer be indulgent. I'm extrelemy disappointed and I'm utterly baffled to see what they were capable to do with such an amazing, legendary game. I can't even imagine how it's possible to make such bad decisions. When I think about what it could have been, and what it actually is... it's killing me.

And so much for the "we want your feedback" statement.

Please consider unforging Reforged and reforging it again...

17. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure the company underestimated the time/work they needed to finish it properly, but the higher ups were unwilling to postpone their profits, so they started scrapping stuff like new voiceovers and updated campaigns and extended the deadline (by less than a month), still weren't able to finish their work in time, but still weren't allowed to extend the deadline, etc.

It would have been better if they had ANNOUNCED reforged this week (after working on it for over a year), and only released it in december or even 2021. Then they would have been able to deliver on their promises. They also definitely should have hired their own artists instead of outsourcing to some digital sweatshop.
    But of course that would have cut into their short-term profits too much.

18. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So am I reading the new EULA correctly? If I make X game and then later in life write a book about X game blizzard can sue me? Or are they rather sharing my copyright in the sense that we can both write a book about X.

Is this intellectual theft or intellectual profit sharing?

I use their tools so I don't care if they have some of the pie, but if they take my whole pie and I can't have any then I am finally on the band wagon of loyal followers Blizzard has killed.

19. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, you use their tool, they own your map. It is quite simple. If you write a book with Microsoft Word, Microsoft will own your work. If you write it with a pen, the pen manufacturer will own it. Makes perfect sense!

Joke aside, they must have done this to prevent profit to be made from successful content, like it happened with Dota. Not sure it will encourage modders to work hard to create enjoyable maps tho...

20. NecroVirus

NecroVirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been working on a huge mod for over a year in anticipation of reforged but by the time I finish it I feel like the playerbase will be gone. 1.9 on metacritic is abysmal. Also annoyed by some of the changes.. crystals are no longer transparent and my beautiful cavern filled with frozen spiders is so meh now. Also green water everywhere now wtf, hopefully UTM can fix it...