• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
upload_2018-4-24_0-17-22.png
Patch 1.29.1 is live on Battle.net!

This fixes the majority of significant issues and bugs that were on the PTR. We're hearing and getting reports of a bunch of custom maps that broke before are up and dandy again, so that's good news.

In the full patch notes from Blizzard, there is also a list of known issues that should be fixed in later hot-fixes / patches. If there are issues still worth reporting that aren't acknowledged by Blizzard, please report them. Cheers, on to the next ones!

Patch 1.29.1 PTR

Patch 1.29.1 aims to fix a multitude of issues with installation, broken custom maps, and some faults with the editor. It also releases a few changes such as increasing the BNet channel and clan limit to 255. Please test and see if this patch fixes the issues with custom maps, the editor, GB installation, and other bugs!

Full patch notes and PTR version download:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762147702

NOTE: I will edit this thread when 1.29.1 goes live; no need for another thread when this and other hot fix patches releases.

Last edited:
Level 6
Will the 1.29.1 aim only to fix issues or they'll add other natives too? As far as I know there are still a lot of natives mentioned in the Producer Update: Natives List thread that weren't added yet.
Also, idk if it has already been said but, I have a small bug since the 1.29 update, when I try to test a map in the editor I can't, unless i saved the map first. It's not a big problem after all but I just wanted to know if this happens only to me XD

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Will the 1.29.1 aim only to fix issues or they'll add other natives too? As far as I know there are still a lot of natives mentioned in the Producer Update: Natives List thread that weren't added yet.
That will come with time.
Also, idk if it has already been said but, I have a small bug since the 1.29 update, when I try to test a map in the editor I can't, unless i saved the map first. It's not a big problem after all but I just wanted to know if this happens only to me
For me it didn't want to save the test map at all. It worked after going to the editor's preferences and deleting everything but Maps from the Test Map path directory field.

Level 14
Has the image border bug been fixed yet? If not, someone should suggest it.

This probably gets even more important now that we have a mouse api.

(The pixels of an Images right and lower (?) corner get repeated, resulting in nasty artifacts if your image does not have transparent borders).

Reactions: Rui
Level 7
I hope custom models and imported sound/music datas (mp3) still work on these new patches. I haven't updated to 1.29 yet. Does the sharpcraft editor still work on 1.29? Because i have exceeded the max doodad number in my map already so that i can only edit my map with the sharpcraft editor.

Level 14
I have an idea for general quality of life feature....Something like Black Box era Need for Speed games had....EA Trax or simply Jukebox with game's soundtrack and option to turn it on and choose where to play it. For example for Main menu to choose other track, like in TFT to have Reign of chaos theme and on bnet ability to turn on RoC's music and such, and maybe even ingame music too. Something like this would be probably very welcome feature to many people especially those who want to customize their game. Someone could for example use Wc3 Orc theme 2 remake and use it instead of tft theme added, add Arthas's theme to main menu, or use Night elf Defeat theme from RoC on TFT battle net menues.......Just a thought....

Level 14
I've discovered a bug/feature of the new patch that is going to be a big problem for me. I'm running version: 1.29.19160.

I'm using a custom UI that worked fine before, but now looks like this:

wc3 custom UI.jpg

Note that the bricks are not part of the custom UI of course. The custom UI is there in its entirety; it's just no longer stretched to the side of the screen. It looks like Blizz added an extra section to the UI.

Is this fixable? I don't even know where these brick UI textures are in the game so even if I could make a new greenish texture that matches, I wouldn't know where to upload it.

Anyone got any ideas here?

EDIT:

There's a similar problem with my Battle for Tatooine map which places the multi-board toward the center of the screen rather than on the right side:

BfT multiboard.jpg

m3dsbx

Last edited:

HB.

HB.

Level 3
They've managed to kill 1.29 replays already, so whatever replay-base was built within the last weeks, it joins the pre-1.29 replays in a trashcan.

Horrible.

So far I've been trying to stay neutral towards them despite their shockingly poor work, but now I can clearly see every next patch they release destroys the game more and more.

Also, their choice of priorities strikes me as a provocation.

Level 6
In time game will get better, how long will take no one knows, but its better than no update. 15 years old game. Old devs are long gone like Rob Pardo and Cris Metzen.

Level 5
EDIT:

There's a similar problem with my Battle for Tatooine map which places the multi-board toward the center of the screen rather than on the right side:

View attachment 296966

m3dsbx
^This!!
I don't get it how people don't talk about this more. Also same goes for in game messages, but on left side of the screen. Multiboards look awful right now, and this has to change asap.

Level 14
In time game will get better, how long will take no one knows, but its better than no update. 15 years old game. Old devs are long gone like Rob Pardo and Cris Metzen.
Cris didnt work on programming he was artist so war SamWise. Plus even they wouldnt really be super familiar with it from the get go if they didnt work on it for over a decade. Just be patient, new team learned the engine and coding for it already and they fix stuff fast now, not slowly like 2 years ago. Just report the issues and be patient

Reactions: pyf
Level 6
Why people seems to ignore the slow battle.net download map speed? I can download World of WarCraft with 11MB/s while 5MB map in Warcraft III battle.net i have to wait like 40-50 seconds with 40-60kb/s. This makes no sense. I hope they get rid of that slow dowload at battle.net. Also even the map size is changed to 128MB or 160MB(I truly do not know) the slow load while you wait for game to load is god awful, but no body pay attention to this. We still have to use optimizer's to increase load speed.

Why people seems to ignore the slow battle.net download map speed? I can download World of WarCraft with 11MB/s while 5MB map in Warcraft III battle.net i have to wait like 40-50 seconds with 40-60kb/s. This makes no sense. I hope they get rid of that slow dowload at battle.net. Also even the map size is changed to 128MB or 160MB(I truly do not know) the slow load while you wait for game to load is god awful, but no body pay attention to this. We still have to use optimizer's to increase load speed.

^ This... I can't download the patch at all.

Level 6
well I believe you require some redistributables to make it work. I use windows 7 and windows 10 downloading patch without problems. But I have these files. Maybe it could work for you as well?

game_c10.jpg

game_c12.jpg

Level 19
Cris didnt work on programming he was artist so war SamWise. Plus even they wouldnt really be super familiar with it from the get go if they didnt work on it for over a decade. Just be patient, new team learned the engine and coding for it already and they fix stuff fast now, not slowly like 2 years ago. Just report the issues and be patient
im sorry but how does "15yo game" can have any "patience"? Each day of unfixed trouble leads to another drop off from online, the more you wait, the less it worhy. I can't see any points in those.

Level 14
im sorry but how does "15yo game" can have any "patience"? Each day of unfixed trouble leads to another drop off from online, the more you wait, the less it worhy. I can't see any points in those.
Were you waiting for update you didnt know would ever come with features noone ever expected for 15 years straight? Putting in such scope is idiotic, We wait here and now and only for 2 months from first time we got 1.29 in ptr. First issues were fault of people not testing fully the PTR, other issues are constantly being fixed and worked on and in far faster response than before.....with 1.27 we had to wait a year for any kind of reply or info to fix other stuff, plus it was also getting through with some changes like migrating all stuff to Documents, and fixes for Wc3 running on win10. Now we get vast improvements we wanted for editor and they are ironed out. It is worth no matter if we wait extra week or 2 for it to be fully fixed, so just stop with that stupid attitiude.

Depends on various things.... in best case scenarion you will get 1-3mb/s, cross realm with bots always caps at 100kb/s and think it's bot's that do bottleneck it with it there. Lower DL than that... hmm i really dont know why you get it as slow......
About map sizes....reasonable map makers will rather stick to keeping the weight as low as possible as i do. I really didnt see any maps that exceed 60mb(titan lands KoT and LoP are 20-30-ish rn, before KoT was 51mb for some time) Using out the limit with maps now is rather hard and only could happen with excessive import of music or audio. So dont worry. However you're right DL should be faster seeing it at solid 3-4mb/s as limit would be good enough. Cross realm could be also natively supported like cross realm whispers and friends and so on.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
They've managed to kill 1.29 replays already, so whatever replay-base was built within the last weeks, it joins the pre-1.29 replays in a trashcan.

Horrible.
Hasn't that been the case for literally every single Patch ever? Replays don't travel across Patches. Yes, it's annoying to lose them, but nothing has changed from the way things have always been. So why the anger now?

Level 6
maybe because the roll back patch tool no longer works with 1.28+ So then you're unable to roll back patch and to watch replays.

HB.

HB.

Level 3
Hasn't that been the case for literally every single Patch ever? Replays don't travel across Patches. Yes, it's annoying to lose them, but nothing has changed from the way things have always been. So why the anger now?

Converting replays between 1.26 - 1.28 using a converter app was a 1 second task (not referring to the patch switching tool, which required a lot of effort). Therefore there was an easily accessible replay database built from 2011 to 2018.

1.29 has turned replay files upside down, killing the aforementioned database.

Now 1.29.1 killed 1.29 replays. And it's not the end for sure.

Last edited:

HB.

HB.

Level 3
Who cares about Blizzard?

This game is alive thanks to the community and its leaders who have dedicated their time and funds to organize tournaments, set up hostbots, edit the archaic maps, develop apps and handle the problem of hacks on their own.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
If there was a 3rd-party tool allowing us to use old replays, then it's really not Blizzard you should be upset at but rather those 3rd-party-tool-creators; they need to get on the ball & fix up those programs. Or new people need to remake them.

And anyway, my point still stands: Blizzard has never done anything but invalidate the replays of a previous Patch. I get the frustration, however, of that process happening so much faster now than it has in the past (because of the relative frequency of Patching).

Top kek.

Level 19

This game is alive thanks to the community and its leaders who have dedicated their time and funds to organize tournaments, set up hostbots, edit the archaic maps, develop apps and handle the problem of hacks on their own.
Oh u better stop right there bruh, I got banned for a while for speaking like that too actively. People here claims blizz gods and ready to wait for their words of wisdom forever. Who cares about lost souls like we, who believe that community defines the game, not vice versa.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Horrible.

So far I've been trying to stay neutral towards them despite their shockingly poor work, but now I can clearly see every next patch they release destroys the game more and more. [...]
[...] And anyway, my point still stands: Blizzard has never done anything but invalidate the replays of a previous Patch. [...]
After patching any video game, it is quite common that both their current replays and savegames now are incompatible.

maybe because the roll back patch tool no longer works with 1.28+ So then you're unable to roll back patch and to watch replays.
Maybe you are using the wrong tool for that?

The current version of ReplayKit (v1.28) supports all TFT patches from 1.10 to 1.28f.
Previous ReplayKit versions with support for WC3 versions down to and including v1.00, are also still available for download

Converting replays between 1.26 - 1.28 using a converter app was a 1 second task (not referring to the patch switching tool, which required a lot of effort). Therefore there was an easily accessible replay database built from 2011 to 2018.

1.29 has turned replay files upside down, killing the aforementioned database.

Now 1.29.1 killed 1.29 replays. And it's not the end for sure.
Support for v1.29.x replays in ReplayKit is hopefully only a matter of time, since Blizzard is not involved in this project afaik.

ReplayKit is indeed a third party tool. Blizzard is not involved in its development afaik.

If there was a 3rd-party tool allowing us to use old replays, then it's really not Blizzard you should be upset at but rather those 3rd-party-tool-creators; they need to get on the ball & fix up those programs. Or new people need to remake them. [...]
This.

Last edited:
Level 19
After patching any video game, it is quite common that both their current replays and savegames now are incompatible.
dota2
supports every fucking replay made from 2015 till today. How they did it? m i s t e r y
meanwhile wc3 can't even support the very same balance-wise version or at least provide official tool for converting

just for the record: replay contains jsut a block of bytes with game version, which doesnt affect anything. It should allow to "ffs just run it now, IDC what version it was then" option to ignore that value. Completely. But hey, let's wait till another universe heat death for it

Level 6
Dota2 is build in Unity? Warcraft III is 15 years old and its not easy to rewrite the old code used by old machines and programs. But I agree the change should happen. Maybe someone can suggest it on the classic forums?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
dota2
supports every fucking replay made from 2015 till today. How they did it? m i s t e r y
meanwhile wc3 can't even support the very same balance-wise version or at least provide official tool for converting

just for the record: replay contains jsut a block of bytes with game version, which doesnt affect anything. It should allow to "ffs just run it now, IDC what version it was then" option to ignore that value. Completely. But hey, let's wait till another universe heat death for it
I mean, I agree with you in an ideal world. But:
upload_2018-4-24_14-32-59.png

vs.
upload_2018-4-24_14-33-15.png

I think it's a disingenuous comparison, at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.