• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Leaked Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Some stuff seems to be missing.

There's no whirlwind FX on Bladestorm.
Water Elementals look plastic.
The Blood Mage's spell cast animation is too stiff and staccato.
Mirror Image FX seems to be the one from the original game.
Spirit Wolves are not spirits at all.
Sylvanas stand channel animation is also unrefined.
Starfall seems incomplete in what the FX and sound is concerned.
Would be neat if Divine Shield also had an aura FX over the unit's shape. Right now, it's a bit too protoss shield-like.
Didn't quite see the angel in the Resurrection FX.
Blizzard looks low quality maybe because of the video quality or video options chose by the player.
Those feathers or whatnot on Misha are pretty stiff and make the bear look like the StarCraft roach.
OK, Stampede is WiP.
They could make a different splat FX for War Stomp or Thunder Clap.
Serpent Wards look rad.
The alchemist ogre doesn't change skin colour anymore? At least make its eyes and veins pump purple.
The tornado look isn't that much different, not really realistic or HD.
I guess they could've made a better morph animation for the tinker.
Volcano is horrible. It's like a volcano spawning and throwing out other volcanoes instead of rocks. And at the end it levitates...

Leave it, obviously. Reforged modding can only go so far, lol. It won't be as fast paced in what custom resources are concerned.

Oh the nitpicking

If anyone did any of the stuff you listed above exactly how reforge did on hive you guys would be beating off giving them 5/5s

Reforged modding can only go so far? You can't make that assessment. What a load!

Level 14
Careful not to overdehydrate your lips.
Learn to read what a Remake and Not remaster is.

Rebirth mod + Vanilla WC3 is the remaster most of you guys on hive should just install because you aren't going to get what you're wanting with Reforged.

that much is obvious.

What I was hoping reforged would be was you know. Redone models not some Literaly low effort upscaling like the Starcraft 1 remaster.

As terrible as Blizzard Ent has been the last 5-10 years. I am utterly shocked at the effort that has went into WC3 Reforged. Now i just pray they have competence in not releasing something broken or they dont manage to utterly destroy custom campaigns further.

Level 34
The thing is? For reforged modding hive probably is obsolete atleast on the model making part.
As much as i hate that, you're right, i guess people will have to dive into Chaosrealm and such rip pages for more models, i mean, no amateur modeller can do the same work as the over exploited and unpayed asian modellers :s
(This probably will apply to skins and icons too)

Last edited:
Level 14
There are things that need change for the better not referring to be exactly or that much like in the original game.
like what?

keep in mind thralls wolf color is not a valid response. it's wrong even

heres the new big bad arthas will fight in Silvermoon

Anasterian Sunstrider

anasteriansunstrider.png

here is anothert example.

Dalaran mutants were just BIG BLUE ZOMBIES in WC3

Dalaran mutants in WC3:R.... well
They fit the name

dalaranmutant.png

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The thing that bothers me the most is the extra unrealistic size of certain Heroes. I mean look at this, Arthas is like 3times the size of the Peasant! His boot is bigger than the Scout Tower's door.
Yeah, it's a bit weird but even in the original game with the disproportional models, that was the case.

But the phallus worship armour is.
Lol, it's very valid when you've played Warcraft III almost all your life with Thrall having a black wolf.

Warcraft III Reforged Models

Voidwalkers have abdomen muscles, lol. How silly is that.
Hehe bois, BfA Jaina, mounted, on a horse.

Last edited:
Level 14
There are things that need change for the better not referring to be exactly or that much like in the original game.
like what?

Yeah, it's a bit weird but even in the original game with the disproportional models, that was the case.

But the phallus worship armour is.
Lol, it's very valid when you've played Warcraft III almost all your life with Thrall having a black wolf.

Voidwalkers have abdomen muscles, lol. How silly is that.
Hehe bois, BfA Jaina, mounted, on a horse.

But BFA jaina won't be for the campaign.

so are you actually bitching about FREE resource models that they could of just not done?

Your feels about his canonically wrong black wolf doesnt matter when this again is a REMAKE that is trying to get as close to the actual lore story as possible. which includes using people that obviously were there that never appeared in the campaigns.

Such as the King of Silvermoon.

once again it its not liked they old version is going to be playable.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
like what?

You can get glimpses from my "nitpicks". Also, I've replied to that already in the post above.
so are you actually bitching about FREE resource models that they could of just not done?
Dyslexia can be treated.

Level 3
Lots of cool stuff, and lots of not-so-cool stuff. Digging the spell animations & effects and I'm happy buildings don't look disconnected from the terrain anymore. Units are a hit or miss, but are mostly ok. A lot of pauldrons need to be toned down, but I get that comically big shoulder armor has always been a part of Warcraft. For the purely bad, the portrait animations are completely lacking in emotion or character. Classic ones had a lot of exaggerated head-swaying and turning, but you always got the feeling they were actually talking.

I did discover a wholly new personal peeve, too: the old sounds don't mesh well with the new animations anymore. It's not entirely because I'm used to matching them with the classic models either (though it probably plays a large part) as a lot of them feel out of sync or just out of place with what's happening, like the new footman death animation with the old death sound.

All in all, happy to see that some improvements have been made.

Level 5
The thing that bothers me the most is the extra unrealistic size of certain Heroes. I mean look at this, Arthas is like 3times the size of the Peasant! His boot is bigger than the Scout Tower's door.

Lmao wtf, that's insane.
Also... ANTESTERIAN SUNSTRIDER?? He wasn't even mentioned in Wc3. WHICH IS A SHAME! This is pretty aweseom tbh, who cares if it isn't a carbon copy of Wc3 campaign, if Reforged can do better, then do better. :D This is expanding on the previous (adding more instead of changing the old too much), which is welcome.

Level 14
we get Female centaur too

centaurimpaler.png

Lmao wtf, that's insane.
Also... ANTESTERIAN SUNSTRIDER?? He wasn't even mentioned in Wc3. WHICH IS A SHAME! This is pretty aweseom tbh, who cares if it isn't a carbon copy of Wc3 campaign, if Reforged can do better, then do better. :D This is expanding on the previous (adding more instead of changing the old too much), which is welcome.
The Quel'Delar dude is there too. Probably as a sidequest kill

thaloriendawnseeker.png

Level 9
Well as i said in my previous posts, i am not completely satisfied, in fact i am disappointed. I don't know why but the disappointment, even if it's for small details and changes, it's more painful than the joy i felt by looking at the new models.
Don't get me wrong i like a lot most of the new models, the new variatons, females versions, the new doodads etc.. but i don't like the WoW style of some stuff and significant changes to some models.

Orcs
The shadow hunter for example, it has lots of wooden stuff on his back that's completely useless and it changes a lot from the classic one, it seems like an upgraded unit, the glaive is now a massive three pointed sword that fits a strenght based melee warrior, not an agile ranged hero.

The blademaster has armor and pelt clothes, i prefer the old one as it better gives the idea of an agile samuraish warrior that focus on move speed and fast hitting plus some ninja tactics. I'd prefer him covered in some cloth. The Samuro model is much similar to the classic blademaster i like that one.

Humans
The paladin look like a spec ops marine that travelled trough time and found himslef in a medieval setting. The classic paladin looks like a strong man but still a religious one, he does not have an aggressive look and feels like a guy who uses his powers and strenght only to defend someone that is in trouble(Like a holy knight). The new one looks like a "douchebag", give him sunglasses and a cigar and he his the stereotype of an army general.

The Bloodmage has only two spheres around him. I really don't know why remove one, maybe to make it look more similar to WoW? It bothers me because he has three. It's a small detail but it makes me mad that they didn't respected the classic look. Also his spell animation looks rushed, maybe it's a WiP but feels like an animation took from HotS, where most of the abilities have a short cast time.

Archmage looks really wierd. Maybe it's because of the horse and he is so small compared to other heroes.

Neutrals\Creeps

Critters
Some of the critters just turned out evil and super aggressive (skink, dog, mouse)
Some changes that i don't like. First and most important of all the skink!!!!!!
The skink was my favoire critter, it was a cute little gecko! Now it's more like a cobra poisonous lizard, i REALLY don't like it.

The dog is now a hound. So it's like an evil and aggresive critter, the classic dog coud have been also a cute and friendly dog. The new dog gievs the idea that if anything get closer that 1 meter to him he gonna bite it to death. Maybe only the paladin can tame it.

I don't like the new sheep. I want to see those googling eyes that give that feeling of a stupid, hamless and friendly animal.

Junglebeast
The jungle beast is nice, a new unit. But I liked the jungle wendingos. It gave me the idea of a creature that was ancient and has adapted to various environments, just like some real world animals (Bears). Now the wendingos are just Yeti.

Alchemist and Beastmaster
I hope that alchemist model is not finished, chemical rage is his iconic ability, the hero design is based on that ability(He has the highest attack on level one and he has the numbers of an agility hero, like 28-51) and the new one it's bad becasue there is almost no effect. I don't know why they changed his color from blue to yellow. Another small change that really bothers me.

Beastmaster looks like a DnD barbarian. The hood on his head for me was a sort of sign that he was connected to the beasts world, a hood to look similar to an animal, to better understand it, i dont know but ethe new one is bad.

The golems have a lots of pointy team colored stones on the shoulders, too mutch of them, i kinda liked the old one more, it really felt like some rocks suddently were alive. Now it looks more of a summoned golem.

The pitlord has a one sided blade instead of a two sided one. Why? Small change that makes me angry.

Last edited:
Level 20
Yeah... take a look at this - the brand new ELITE TAUREN CHIEFTAIN band models.

fxrsyhd4bfs31.png

There are also a lot more models over at Stiven's Twitter, including The Frozen Throne, Demon Portal (which looks dope), Frostmourne Pedestal and the Skull of Gul'dan.

1. Red Dragon Roost:

EG4KCIeXkAIB6aP

2. That NE fountain that gets corrupted by Mannoroth - both versions:

EG4KCIoWwAAVuQ6
EG4KCIsWwAAIHI5

3. Skull of Gul'dan:

EG4KCIzXYAEXJ7s

4. Frozen Throne:

EG4J3S-WsAIujeZ

5. Demon Portal:

EG31L1yXUAUj0mR

6. Frostmourne Pedestal:

EG3k6rKW4AIAC6h

Personally, I'm very satisfied with these! :)

Well, maybe with the exception of the Frozen Throne, because - while the Throne itself looks amazing - I really don't understand why the Lich King's armor isn't visible at all. I hope it's some "empty" variant or something.

Last edited:
Level 5
You can't see the Lich King inside of the ice??? Wtf >_< That was the entire damn point of the model!! lmao, now it's just a big shard of ice, or an icicle!!!!!! -_-
Also the peon used to look and sound silly, now he looks sad while still sounding silly xD how incohesive!

Now commenting on what I've seen on the Wowhead video about the leaks I must say the following:
The casting animation on the Blood Mage could use some work (needs to be more smooth and elegant). The beard on that first Mountain King is just plain fucking overkill, ridiculous!!! xD Too much armor on Thrall's wolf -.- The Bladestorm animation really NEEDS some special wind or tornado effects in it (and be faster)!! Some spell-casting animations really need some magical glow added to them so characters don't look like they're simply waving their hands about. xD Namely I mean for Shadow Hunter, Far Seer, Sea Witch...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The Bloodmage has only two spheres around him.
That's OK, he's like not as masterful as Kael who has 3.

Lol, Azgalor is a paladin.
Kil'jaeden has Kerrigan wings.

I attached some screens of classic and reforged playing together simultaneously. It might be interesting to some people.
The reforged turns blue to red :D?

You can't see the Lich King inside of the ice??? Wtf >_< That was the entire damn point of the model!! lmao, now it's just a big shard of ice, or an icicle!!!!!! -_-
Yeah...

Level 5
Also the Pit Lords NEED A GODDAMN BEARD (okay they can have variants without it but for the main part they need a beard. :] )!! Without it they look like mutated horror babies heads merged with demon body. xD

Level 7
While there are certain art choices I disagree with, I must say I am overall impressed. Nearly every creep seems to have at least some small differences that make them unique from one another, not to mention the added hero models for various Warcraft characters not originally featured, or simply giving previously non-unique heroes their own models!

Level 13
Visuals are actually not bad. They are quite stunning. I'm thrilled about quite a few things: all the different creep models (female satyr especially), Thrall riding Snowsong, all the Paladin campaign models, also seems we're getting quite a few Archmage campaign models as well, it seems we're getting Vrykul creeps in Northrend maps, it seems by all the models and the icons that the Broken Draenei will be playable in TFT campaign;
Things I don't really like: all Night Elf heroes in melee being female, dragons being basically skins of Brightwing;

All in all it's not the visuals that "concern" me, it's the following:
  1. It's a low budget game, so it's probably going to be bugged for the first few months, maybe even unplayable;
  2. It might be left half finished, once it earns enough funds;

Level 24
I think there are a few nice looking models, but man the game looks like shit.
How do you mess something as simple as a HD remake with this washed out brown/grey gargled mess.
You can't even tell what units are what and the animations are more stiff than dota 2 animations.
I'm so dissapointed really.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Orc models with idle animations. I think they are incredible.
Yeah, not bad at all.

Bloodlust looks like fire.
Love that black, well more like gray, wolf.
Did the Spirit Walker have back surgery, lol?
Some feathers on the Shadow Hunter are not connected to the model. The shield is just hanging by a thread.
What's with that glow on the chieftain, makes its hoofs look blue.
Phallus armour frost wolf, gr....
Shogun blademaster. They should have put on a tengu helmet as well. Love the geta though. The big shoulder pad obviously affects the hero's posture and back bone.
Things I don't really like: all Night Elf heroes in melee being female
I don't think that's it since you'll be able to choose the gender.
any.. reforged naga images?
Nobody reads this thread...

Level 12
I think there are a few nice looking models, but man the game looks like shit.
How do you mess something as simple as a HD remake with this washed out brown/grey gargled mess.
You can't even tell what units are what and the animations are more stiff than dota 2 animations.
I'm so dissapointed really.
IMO Wc3R just needs just more contrast filter and it will be fine.

Level 13
I don't think that's it since you'll be able to choose the gender.
Doesn't seem like it. Cause there is no icon. There are only icons for Illidan and a melee Demon Hunter that is female. Same for Death Knight. Priestess of the Moon and Warden are and should be female for story reasons. Keeper of the Grove is male, but he is not actually a Night Elf.

Level 24
I'm not judging based on just gameplay so far, obviously the lightning isn't working as it should.
My opinion is based on everything we've seen so far.
The game is lacking in all departments, but most importantly animations - lack of weight and impact as well as missing the overexaggerated animations of wc3
The models are too detailed and you can't tell what unit you're looking at.
Same thing with the icons.
Dreanais look generic as fuck, instead of wierd alien bristle teeth men with fucked up jaws.

"Let's make a grimdark warcraft game durr" and then they have the balls to put in the most goofy ass looking shit, the ashbringer.
Not to mention dreadlords looking tired old men, they used to look sinister as a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.