Inspired by the Dawn of War series from the Warhammer 40k universe, this map uses game-altering systems and many custom models created by the community to bring W40k into Warcraft III.
List of Features:
Credits for models and textures used in the map:
There are 3 main resources in the game.
Produced by generators over time. Each player has a limited number of generators they can build.
Generators are fragile and destroying them will hinder the enemy economy.
When a generator is destroyed, it blows up, damaging nearby units.
Most races use power as the primary resource to buy and reinforce their units.
When dealing or taking damage, players gain this resource.
The attacker generates more Escalation than the one who takes damage.
Capturing a strategic point on the map instantly grants +50 escalation, and increases amount of escalation you gain from damage by 10% until it is captured by the enemy.
Escalation is typically used for research or buying advanced units and vehicles.
It is also used to build more generators.
The food resource from Warcraft 3 is still used to limit the number of units per player.
The difference is that it starts at 80 food and is typically not increased by building farms.
A squad takes up a fixed amount of population cap, no matter how many members it has.
Default mod - Annihilation
Destroy all enemy HQ buildings to win.
All players are allied, and must survive against 10 waves of Tyranids.
Every player gets a hero at the start of the game, if your hero dies you lose.
The goal is to eliminate all enemy heroes.
Capture more than half of all strategic points on the map and hold them for 5 minutes.
You may use this in addition to the main game mods.
-cycle: set day/time cycle speed
-no fog: remove Fog of War
-no creeps: remove creeps
-cam: turn camera rotation with arrow keys on/off
-color x: use before start to change teamcolor
You can use these before the game starts to order the AI to pick a race.
-imperium, -chaos, -orks, -eldar, -tyranids
For the list of units, see [Altered Melee] - W40k Vanguard Strike
Map development thread (before release)
Command squad changes
- now has a hero icon (top left of the screen)
- now has 7 special orders instead of 2, accessed from a spellbook
- grenade launcher option replaced with sanctioned psyker (max 1)
- now only includes up to 1 medic, healing increases with research
Other Imperium changes
- Veteran squads can be upgraded with medics and stealth
- added Rough Riders, fast cavalry unit
- Basilisk: may now use Flare (same as wc3 mortar team)
- Chimera: may be equipped with an Augury that detects invisible units
- Infantry squad: Take aim ability removed
- Conscripts removed
- added Dark reapers, elite infantry with long-range heavy weapons
- bug fixes, balance changes
- added Venomthropes, fast melee unit that provides cover to allies and poisons enemies (use as support/screen for ranged units like warriors or hive guard)
- added Hive guard, tough unit rapid-firing at long range with explosive damage
- Warriors: added Venom cannon leader, reduced max squad size and food cost
- Venom brood removed
- added Lord of Change, greater daemon with long range attack and spells
- all Dark Eldar units have increased night vision range
- many units food cost reduced
- Ordnance: now only scatters troops some of the time, chance depends on damage
- ai improvements, bug fixes
- Raptors: Vox screech now works passively each time the squad lands after jumping
- Chosen: Krak grenades no longer require research
- Autocannon turret: new model
- Heroes: fixed multiple bugs with melee/ranged stance
- survival mode is disabled if all 4 player slots are filled
- fixed some issues with some models (portraits, decay bone animation)
- new scatter laser lightning texture
- some other bug fixes and adjustments
- attempts to improve performance
Detachment limit system (new)
- restricts units based on role instead of separate limits for each unit (some previous unit limits were lifted)
- each player has a limit of up to 6 core troops, 4 mobile units and 3 fire support units
- removed "invulnerable" armour tooltip
- Power: upkeep changed to 30/50/70% at over 30/50/70 food, income increased to +5/sec per generator
- Escalation resource now also drained by high upkeep
- Fleeing units may no longer be scattered
- dedicated melee units now take 30% less melee damage
- AI names
- small bug fixes, balance adjustments, icons, etc
- creeps are enabled, but all non-tyranid creeps are replaced with genestealers
- special tyrannoformation towers and pools sprout every couple of minutes, and begin consuming the battlefield
- each 10% of t-formation progress lowers Power income of all players by 10%
- you have to destroy these buildings, because once t-formation progress reaches 100% you lose
- the terrain changes as tyrannoformation occurs
- Veteran squad: changed to Catachan devils with new model