• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So who here is a big fan of Warhammer 40k? Not the normal fantasy but more futuristic one with the Space Marine's, Imperial Guard, Eldar, etc etc. We should get talking about it be it the new Warhammer 40k game that is coming out some time soon, the table top strategy, or the books. The whole series is an interesting and fun one from what I have seen.

More Blood for the Blood God! Because Chaos is awesome.

Level 11
Well i'm not much into the board game, but i did manage to buy some on ebay for my little brother to play with :p lol, and that dawn of war game is pretty tight... i tried to get into the board game, first thing i bought was the Battle for Maccrage set... i sucked at assembling and painting them, so i just gave up lol :p

Level 16
I was not speaking of any sort of maps or so. Warhammer 40k has nothing to do with Warcraft. Warhammer 40k is mostly a table top game but there is also a lot of novels which are pretty good.
tyrall01.jpg

But a big shooter space marine is coming out later this year.

Level 16
Okay there is a bunch of novels based off of Warhammer 40k which are pretty good. Theres is the table top game which started it all then there is finally the video games like Dawn of War and such.

Level 11
Some of my cousins play this game... and they make it like family bonding... i think its great, not that i do this kinda stuff... i guess painting and putting stuff together is also a hobby... some people just buy the models paint them.. then sell them.. but playin them, well competitions seem to be everywhere.. and well... this game is much different from DOW by the looks of it lol...

Last edited:
Level 6
I like the game and I like the story and setting of it as well. It's a lot of fun and the new models are pretty tight but in the last few years I have been butting heads with Games Workshop in a pretty big way. I stopped buying their stuff and in protest to the high, high prices a few of my friends and I had started mass producing our own models with a home-brew casting kit. I still have to pay for the paint and the green stuff but it's a lot cheaper if not more time consuming. Unfortunately I can't sell the ones I paint as they are illegal to traffic and it was hard enough getting around the red tape just to do it for ourselves...as a result I can't make money off it any longer (not that that is a problem, nobody wants to pay 60$ for a Carnifex let alone $120 for a painted one).

I'm looking at picking up some Warmachine but I don't have any friends that play, so....

Anyways, I won't give games Workshop any more of my money.

Level 9
I was a hardcore 40k player but the prices of the models caught up with me and I quit.

I played Dark Angels 1000 point armies at the local miniatures store after playing 2000 point Tau. Tau are OP in alot of ways and suck ass in others. Dark Angels can do well vs everything if you play well enough. All in all it's the most balanced board game I've ever played in terms of how large its world is: that many races and every one has its pros and cons? That's just awesome.

My favorite model is my Dark Angels Champion, all decked out with everything capable of getting from the Dark Angels and Ultramarines codex. This was all a long ass time ago now, I was like... 15 or 16 hehe; I've forgotten mostly everything except for basic rules (initiative for attacking and armor saves and what not).

Level 13
Whoever wrote the latest Tyranid codex needs a spike covered bat jammed up his ass.

Just saying.

Then again, the writers of the latest Blood Angels and Space Marines codices also deserve a good smack.

Last edited:
Level 12
Meh, I play a lot of the fantasy Warhammer board games, but I'm beginning to paint the 40k ones to. Don't know much about it's lore though.

Graphics depend on how good the artist is. DoW can have worse or better graphics depending on that.

Level 8
WHY AREN'T WE KILLING YET?? WHERE IS THE BLOOD I WAS PROMISED?? WHY ARE WE STANDING HERE WHEN WE COULD BE IN THE THICK OF SLAUGHTER!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, BLOOOD FOR THE BLOOOD GOD, BLOOOOD FOR THE BLOOOOD GOOOOOOODDDDDD AHGAHWHGAWHGAHWghaWHg

Level 12
30$ is a good price for 20 units. If you decide to make an actual army, you can actuall ymake money. For one, painted miniatures sell for double the $$.

I know a guy who spent 4000$ on his army including paint and spraypaints, but recieved 12,000$ from local tournaments.

Level 12
I believe he quit the entire Warhammer game. Shame, he was pretty good at it. But you gotta admit, they're more like a passtime for teens and then become nothing when they get jobs.

Level 12
Normal lamps actually do not work, as the model looks completely different in sunlight. Now then, do you sit by a window or by a 50$ lamp to go along with your 2000$ miniatures? I suppose it doesn't matter then.

BTW: Hes using that light for the magnifier :p

Status
Not open for further replies.