• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Tabletop Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
This is a thread for everything Warhammer, may it be; 40,000, Fantasy or Lord of the Rings.

Warhammer Central Site

• Do you play Warhammer?
  • Do you Model/Paint?

If you are unfamiliar with Warhammer, it is a tabletop strategy game involving the use of miniatures. There are many armys to choose from and even more opponents to face.

Although the rules are in-depth and the resources may be expensive, the game is loads of fun whether your in it to be competitive or in it for artistic reasons.

I play Warhammer 40,000 aka 40k, 40k is a futuristic version of Games-Workshop's classic tabletop game, alot of people that are new to 40k often associate it with a Starcraft 2 esque. My army of Choice is Dark Angels which is a chapter with the Space Marines. Within Dark Angels 2 more sub-chapters exist. The Ravenwing (what i play) - an army based on bikers and speeders excelling in speed, and the Deathwing, involving heavy weaponry and armored units.

Here are a few pictures of my Ravenwing army.

138873-albums3615-picture32872.jpg

138873-albums3615-picture32873.jpg

138873-albums3615-picture32874.jpg

138873-albums3615-picture32875.jpg

138873-albums3615-picture32876.jpg

So post anything relative to Warhammer in this thread!

Level 34
I don't play, but I'm a fan of the sweet looking models, and I play their video games.

Tyranid and Imperial Guard all the way. Lictor and Heavy Weapons teams being my favorites probably.

Level 20
I used to play Dark Elves, then wood elves, then Dark Elves again - I also had some Tau and Daemon hunters, but never got into 40k.

I stopped at the last price hike, I just can't justify £20 for sixteen plastic models =/
Don't get me wrong I love the game and would still play if they would only cut the prices :(

Level 19
@Ike ya I have been in that situation and found that buying them in small bulks helped me paint them at a stedier pace. They look great though, and bases are well executed.

@crazed show some pics that's gotta be 2000-3000 point army.

@grey I used to be in your posistion but when I started working i found it to be less expensive lol.

Level 20
Yeah it's not that I couldn't afford it more as I'd walk out buy a few boxes, realise I needed some more paint, underspray... oh some glue would be a good idea. Hey what are these new foundation paints? Oh a nice new paintbrush wouldn't go amiss, omg I FORGOT FLOCK! Ah damn, that needs PVA...

Yeah =/ I am bad.

So I ended up walking out with £50-£200 worth of crap everytime I go D:

And I have a habit of picking expensive stuff.

£30 for 5 Grey Knight Terminators (it might have gone up since last time)

£10 for a hero model

£20 for 5 marines x2

I had 16 models :D - Me Happy

....for £80 - Me annoyed

Luckily I already had the codex :p

*Also isn't there a VampireCounts unit of cavalry that are £10 each? Minimum of 5 in a unit? That's £50!!! *me feints*

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I don't play, but I have some random models for painting and converting (plus they're great looking):

- Some Space Marines;
- A Predator tank;
- A Pegasus Knight from Warhammer;
- Some LotR soldiers;
- A LotR Troll (incredible plastic model, lots of customization options);
- And I ordered a Tau Devilfish, It'll arrive in some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.