• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Warhammer] Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Gonna start collecting Warhammer army, but have trouble choosing what army to buy. I even have trouble choosing between 40k and FB, though I lean to FB.

Generally, I would prefer a defensive race with good ranged potential. Would Skaven or Ogres fit that niche (like their lore/art)? Or the Empire?

Even though I'd prefer to play FB, there's a new starter set for 40k - Dark Angels vs Chaos, with a hero and other nice features. From what I know, Space Marines have both fine defense and firepower, with Dark Angels also having good mobility (Ravenwing or w/e they are called). Are Dark Angels fun to play? Is FB so different to 40k?

Level 2
Oh man.. I made these things when I was younger until my parents told me my hobby was getting too expensive.. lol

Well, FB is more of an alternate dimension that doesn't correspond with 40k lore. It depends on what you prefer: do you like more of a medieval setting where races fight with archaic melee, ranged weaponry, and traditional magic? Or do you like gun-totting space marines that kick ass and chew bubblegum fighting against Protoss and Zerg-like races?

Unfortunately, I don't know too much about the fine details of FB other than the fact that there are so many races, o.o; and so many things to collect! >.< lol not to say 40k doesn't have many things to collect~ Warhammer in its entirety is just a collect-fest.

I believe in terms of mobility, Ravenwing has it. Dark Angels in general is more about doing a lot of damage in the beginning and then doing precision assaults. Unit preservation is important. You have to be very calculating with this faction.

Space marines is pretty beginner-friendly, easy to paint, and forgiving if you make a mistake on the battlefield. You can still kick ass if you know how to manipulate your resources well.

Anyway, this hobby will make you very poor lol but it is so damn rewarding..

Status
Not open for further replies.