• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ToD: Tower Dwellers v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
matin45 presents

Throne of Dalaran
Created by matin45

Map Info:

ToD WC3 map series new map: Tower Dwellers
After 1 year, I made my third map from the series ToD with name: TD; As its name shows, it's a TD style map but with custom tower building system of mobile game Tower Dwellers, making this map is some kind of duty for me to introduce this great game in TD genre to more people, so I want you to get the game if like this map.

Features:

Single Player map; no more looking for someone to play with
Some kind of new TD maps that towers generate units (and don't attack)
Tower Dwellers' great unit creating system with upgraders
20 unique units, that's not fair to use "balanced" word for now, but it will be more balance overtime
5 waves for now, planed to have 10 waves that I'm working on them
A really hard map, at least for now

Screenshots:

Image Description:
No Screenshots taken yet

Image Description:
No Screenshots taken yet

Image Description:
No Screenshots taken yet

Change Log:

Released

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • ThompZon

Models:
  • Skrab
  • Ujimasa Hojo
  • General Frank
  • Wandering Soul
  • Kitabatake
  • Eagle XI
  • Tranquil
  • Mister_Haudrauf
  • olofmoleman
  • Cavman
Icons:
  • Eagle XI
  • Asssssvi
  • Ujimasa Hojo
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • General Frank
  • Null
  • Cavman
Other:
  • Devalut

Author's notes:

1.Please let me know if you like to I continue my work on this map.
Why do I have to keep working if it doesn't make anyone happy?
2.Also, the map is unprotected, you can use it as long as give me credit.
3.If anyone wants help me, tell me and gift me original Warcraft III , through it's really so much expensive in my country, however it's expensive for yourself too, so don't get this seriously.
4.All of my maps, made in and for 1.26a patch of Warcraft III: TFT
I didn't test it in Reforged and nobody told me how is it there, but I think it will crash.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

ToD: Tower Dwellers v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A rather simple and unpolished map. Substandard. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES BB Codes | HIVE MELEE MAPS...
Level 3
I looked over Tower Dweller it totally looks like a kingdom rush plagia :xxd:, but if it's good I'm fine with it.

EDIT: interesting map, can be really popular if its refine.
I would ad spawn position from barrack possible from player, and respawn from units ?? I was chocked to not seeing my units respawn during wave like those kingdom rush like mobile game.

The choice of upgrading you did is interesting, personally I would prefer like kingdom rush upgrade system, and level adding abilities like dodge or crit to max barrack would be sick, but if it's your choice it's your choice, I hope you will add possibility to sell soon.

Last edited:
Level 8
I looked over Tower Dweller it totally looks like a kingdom rush plagia :xxd:, but if it's good I'm fine with it.

EDIT: interesting map, can be really popular if its refine.
I would ad spawn position from barrack possible from player, and respawn from units ?? I was chocked to not seeing my units respawn during wave like those kingdom rush like mobile game.

The choice of upgrading you did is interesting, personally I would prefer like kingdom rush upgrade system, and level adding abilities like dodge or crit to max barrack would be sick, but if it's your choice it's your choice, I hope you will add possibility to sell soon.
Hello, And thanks for you feedback.
Tower Dwellers is much different than kingdom rush, and this is the only reason I love this game right in time I hate any other TD games/maps , of course Tower Dwellers isn't a TD mapm I think the reason is this :peasant-grin:

About respawning during waves, I thought of it, and I decided to do it this way and it will remain like this as long as players want me to change it, and may be I change it for next updates in this case.

For upgrade system I have some plans (like upgrading upgraders to get abilities/items) but for now I'm working in increasing waves to 10 and balancing them, after I did this, I will make a second map if this one is popular enough (Because this base map doesn't works with more than 10 waves good, I think); I don't know what will be the second map; may be make this map a campaign and add a few maps with different roads (and may be races)
And the second idea is to make a multiplayer map in this genre, really don't know what to do, may be it's better to make a choice later.

The possibility to sell is a really important point of TD maps that I forgot, thanks for mentioning that to me.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please add an author. Right now it's unknown.

How do you put the camera back up if you reset it? Didn't see a command in the quest log. Well -cam worked in chat.
The enemy has more units than you and they attack grouped while yours are taken down few by few.
Next try, I got only peasants out of barracks...

Level 1
This is a very cool concept for a map, but you need to refine it a lot to be fun and playable. You need to add a rally point for units, and they need to be closer togheter because otherwise they just get picked one by one and outnumbered. Also, you should choose a better terrain or effect to display which barracks are linked to which upgrade point. Also, units speed is a little too slow. It's hard to say more because its hardly playable as the map is right now. Good luck.

Level 8
Well as this is a great map idea and I'm not gonna waste it, I wanna leave this project because I have no time really and I have to ask anyone wants, to pick up this and improve and do anything wanna do, And after someone did this, I hope send me a message to test it out
I'm really busy with education right now and I don't think I can find a time in next 2 years, so please tell me how can I ask people to pick this up and continue working on it to make a fun/playable map?

Level 1
Well as this is a great map idea and I'm not gonna waste it, I wanna leave this project because I have no time really and I have to ask anyone wants, to pick up this and improve and do anything wanna do, And after someone did this, I hope send me a message to test it out
I'm really busy with education right now and I don't think I can find a time in next 2 years, so please tell me how can I ask people to pick this up and continue working on it to make a fun/playable map?

I know a couple of map creators in a stream i frequent, i'll try asking them, hope i remember. Otherwise i think you should try to contact some of the active people on this site, no idea how to do that tho but should be simple.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A rather simple and unpolished map.
Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/