• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TD map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, I want to start a TD map with the name ToD: Tower Dwellers, based on "Tower Dwellers" android game, but I haven't any idea for it's terrain shape. I need suggestions. Note I can't use terrain hight change, because in this TD, towers spawn units to attack invaders.

Level 13
so i quickly jumped into youtube to see what it looks like.
i think it's basically up to what you want to have as an end result.

Is it supposed to be a single player TD? Multi Player? PvE? Tower Wars?
Do you want just one level or split up the map and make several small levels with "simpler" terrain, or go for one larger level?
Height change is still an option as long as you put ramps or just use normal terrain deformation.

As it's a tower defense, terrain is not the most important part in my opinion, just make it obvious how creep routes work and fill only the outer areas with some details
If you want to keep the appearance similiar to the game, i think the lordaeron summer tileset as base works best, add and delete special tiles as necessary

PS: Also note that with the recent change in copyright for maps, you have to be careful when copying existing games into wc3.

Level 8
Is it supposed to be a single player TD? Multi Player? PvE? Tower Wars?
Do you want just one level or split up the map and make several small levels with "simpler" terrain, or go for one larger level?
A 4-9 multi player TD map, with large map.
If you want to keep the appearance similiar to the game, i think the lordaeron summer tileset as base works best, add and delete special tiles as necessary
I do all my works (at least now) with dalaran theme, and put a ToD on it, that means: Throne of Dalaran
PS: Also note that with the recent change in copyright for maps, you have to be careful when copying existing games into wc3.
Can you tell me more about that? I just copied two games to warcraft (but with changes) but nothing happend.
1.Trench Assault (ToD: Battle Lines)
2.Clash of Clans (ToD: Battlefield)

Level 8
Blizzard changed their EULA for custom games, check this thread: Reforged - Dont make mods, boycott Reforged [EULA Update] for details, it's not guaranteed to happen, but it can happen that maps with copyright material will be removed/banned
So, why I should be careful? What I have to lose? I even haven't Blizzard account. (and I think I never have, you must work 1 month to buy it in our country how ever Blizzard does banned our country.) Also, nothing is said you can't create mods for warcraft, and if said, I don't create them for Blizzard, they are for the people.
Also, I'm going to sleep, so I will speak with you tommorow when I back.

Status
Not open for further replies.