• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Towes Changing Facing Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So the title says it all. Or not :D. Ok, so I made a TD map with different towers. Their models are from units (Goblins). So it's kinda weird when the units you are supposed to kill pass by the towers and the towers start shooting the missles out of their backs (well not out of their backs but it looks like that). So, I'm wondering how can I make the towers face the units when they are attacking? :goblin_cry:

BTW The map is named Goblin Circle TD (not very unique I know but it doesn't really matter for now :grin:)

Level 5
I'm talking about a building. I've tried anything obvious and it does not work. Units with 0 MS can't move or turn. Still, I didn't quite understand that ensnare thing but I'm pretty sure it's not executable when you've got more than 50 towers on the map (or at least not without causing some lag)

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Here you got an egzample. If it doesn't satisfy you or you need an explanation ask me.

I recommend setting unit attacking amination point to 0
(so it attacks instantly, there is no animation, most towers doens't need it).
I haven't done it, but if you can see human's tower got 0,51 sec amin point, so i set loop to "every 0,52 sec of game time".

By removing anim points you can make it smooth.

Attachments

• FaceTowers.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I'm sorry for all the trouble but if you can please make an update on the map with 0.09 seconds period because when I do it the tower doesn't attack. I reduce it from 0.7 to 0.09 and the tower doesn't attack even though I change the animation point to 0.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Here you go, i increased tower's attack speed to ensure you that it works as intended. However, i realised that i couldn't go futher than 0.12 period, because lower one disables attack. I recommend to stick with 0.14-0.15 cuz being on border isn't reliable.

Here is your fixed TD.

Attachments

• FaceTowers.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Unnamed.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.