• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiny problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, i tried to make a tower that looked like an archer, so first i based it off the Guard Tower.
Problem:- The unit did not turn the way it shot, so it was facing the wrong way all the time. :hohum:

Then i based it off the night elf tower, who does turn around when shooting, i deleted the "root(ancients)" ability and the "eat tree" ability.
Problem:- the tower started to move... :eek:

I changed his movement type to "none"
Problem:- He stopped turning when he would shoot again :sad:

ive also tried setting a turning rate at the guard tower and setting movement speed to 0. nothing functions the way i want it

So can anyone tell me how to make an archer that does not move and faces the way it shoots? :cute:

Level 5
:/ is there really no way? I think I have seen attacking-unmoveable-facing archers in BFME, the ones on the walls of minas-thirit?

Level 5
Im not familiar with the turning of buildings, so ill try your way tomorrow, im off to bed :slp:

Thx for the super quick answers! +rep

Level 11
I tested this out a lil bit and i couldnt figure out how to turn the building. Maybe you can just make it like the night elf buildings that can uproot but make a trigger that stops a unit from casting the uproot ability.

Level 4
I'm not sure and might check tomorrow but I think you can lower Minimum Unit speed to 0 in the Gameplay Constants. If you can then just change the Unit's Move Speed to 0.

Otherwise sorry to waste your time.

Level 5
I changed the gameplay constants minimum movement speed to 0 and -1, and did the same on the unit, neighter worked :(

Level 11
Just make it like the ancinet protector and make a trigger that stops it from using uproot ability...

Unit begins casting ability
ability is root
order triggering unit to stop

then it will be able to turn, but it wont be able to get up. Maybe change the icon and tooltip of root to something else so it blends in more, maybe a little informational thing about the tower or something.

Level 12
I've heard about something called "Rotation Point" in models and that's what causes the ancient to turn to his enemies. It's a thing in the model itself so you'll have to modify the model to make it rotate.

Level 5
The pocket factory-based unit were turned randomly at birth, but did not turn while shooting.

Would disabling the root ability via triggers disable the unit's ability to turn too?

Level 11
Technically you arent disabling the ability, you are just making the unit stop casting it whenever it does try casting it.

Unit begins casting ability
ability is root
order triggering unit to stop

That is all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.