• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ensnare animation and stop unit moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I am working on one map and I got 2 problems here. I want put shooter on the tower, so I made him fly and changed his altitude, so it looks like he standing on tower. Now I need make him not move/hold. I've tried to put all his movement speeds (min,base and max) to 0, but when he shooting to the enemy he not turn/face to that enemy. So I decided give him unlimited ensnare debuff and remove net animation, but faced one problem. There is 2 kind of animation. First is when unit use spell and "throw" the net and second is when net on the unit. So when I editing ensare spell I can't find where is this second animation and how to remove it. Please help.

And sorry for my English

Level 25
The second animation - the one where the target is "captured" by the net is set in the "buff" of the ability. If you did it via Ensnare, then go to "Buffs/Effects" tab in object editor, find "Ensnare" buff and you will see that there is also an effect set up in it. Remove that effect and it should work.

Level 5
The second animation - the one where the target is "captured" by the net is set in the "buff" of the ability. If you did it via Ensnare, then go to "Buffs/Effects" tab in object editor, find "Ensnare" buff and you will see that there is also an effect set up in it. Remove that effect and it should work.
Well this work, I've found 3 type of effect, for air, foot and common, but editing it will affect on normal Ensnare too, and I want to do custom Ensnare spell with custom buff/effect. Is that possible to connect them somehow?

Level 25
Create custom spell based off the original Ensnare spell. Do the same for Ensnare buff.
Then add your own ensnare buff to your own custom ensnare.
Make those special units use your custom ensnare, while other units use the original one.

Level 5
Create custom spell based off the original Ensnare spell. Do the same for Ensnare buff.
Then add your own ensnare buff to your own custom ensnare.
Make those special units use your custom ensnare, while other units use the original one.
But how do I add custom ensnare buff to custom ensnare spell? I just can't find how to do that.

or i guess you can put invisible platform and pathing blocker... much easier ^^
Maybe yes, but now I am curious how to add buff to spell.

Level 5
OK I found how, don't know how in English WE but if I translate from mine it will be:
Features - Spell

Nichilus and Makai, big thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.