• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Unit moves after being ensnared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a map where some players have to hunt others. In this map, if you dont move while the hunter is around, he wont know if you are one of his preys.

The issue is that if the hunter ensnares an object it sometimes moves after the buff ends. By this, the hunter instantly thinks that it is a player and he attacks it. It is a problem becouse you cannot stay hidden and becouse sometimes it was not a player and the hunter looses an opportunity for no reason.

So I would like to know why this happens, as it does not happen always. I couldnt think of a solution for this.

I will leave the map here and I have modified it so if you play alone you will be a hunter (with no actual players to hunt), so you may try it out and be able to identify why this happens.

I tried a couple times and it just doesnt happen, it seems to only happen in multiplayer. It may be related to the unit having received at some point the order to move. I know that the issue is not that the unit was trying to move and then continued moving to the point issued. I was once stopped (so the hunter couldn recognize me), he ensnared me, I stayd in hold, and as soon as the buff ended the prop instantly moved. It was annoying.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hide and Seek v1.0b.w3x
    732.5 KB · Views: 80
Level 19
I'm making a map where some players have to hunt others. In this map, if you dont move while the hunter is around, he wont know if you are one of his preys.

The issue is that if the hunter ensnares an object it sometimes moves after the buff ends. By this, the hunter instantly thinks that it is a player and he attacks it. It is a problem becouse you cannot stay hidden and becouse sometimes it was not a player and the hunter looses an opportunity for no reason.

So I would like to know why this happens, as it does not happen always. I couldnt think of a solution for this.

I will leave the map here and I have modified it so if you play alone you will be a hunter (with no actual players to hunt), so you may try it out and be able to identify why this happens.

I tried a couple times and it just doesnt happen, it seems to only happen in multiplayer. It may be related to the unit having received at some point the order to move. I know that the issue is not that the unit was trying to move and then continued moving to the point issued. I was once stopped (so the hunter couldn recognize me), he ensnared me, I stayd in hold, and as soon as the buff ended the prop instantly moved. It was annoying.

Thanks!
simplest solution would be to set the snared units movement speed to 0, using either a trig or a modified slow ability.

that way they can't move even if ordered too.

the simplest solutions are often the best solutions, or so I've been told

you will need to return movement to normal when the player decides to move

Status
Not open for further replies.