• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ensnaring Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, I'm trying to make this spell by which a hero can put down a trap that, after a 30 second wait, will ensnare any passing enemy unit. I've been trying for about two days, lol. Things keep messing up. But I think this should actually be a pretty easy spell to make, even with simple triggers (which is what I want to use).

-I want the trap to be a tiny slaughterhouse which is invisible to enemies (like a shade). And I need to not have the death animation of the slaughterhouse ever play.

-I want the trap to be removed from the game after firing its net(s).

-I want the hero to be able to lay only one trap at a time at skill level one (meaning he lays one and can't lay any more until it is either set off of killed), two traps at skill level two, and three traps at skill level three.

-I want the trapped unit to be able to be seen for a few seconds by the hero who set the trap.

-I want the trap itself to have very little (or no) line of sight.

Basically, the triggers I need are: (1) create trap unit (slaughterhouse) when ability cast and ability equal Lay Trap, (2) pick every unit in range of trap unit at periodic time after its been laid and ensnare picked unit, (3) and then all the triggers to not allow more traps to be laid if one, two, or three (depending on the skill level) still exist. Though, if you know a different way to do this, feel free.

Level 4
Using Statis Trap might work. I dunno... I'll have to mess with it more. Right now, on my first quick try, I'm having these problems: can't get net animation, death animation for slaughter house still exists, stun animation exists over characters heads (it shouldn't), trap looks weird and is glowing and stuff, it's hitting more than one person (i think) when it should only be netting one...

I think triggering might be the better way to do this. But what do I know... not very much.

Level 4
Looks good rysnt11!

Yeah, the (1) delay thing isn't included, and (2) there doesn't seem to be any limit to the amount of traps you can place at once (the hero should only be able to lay only one trap at a time at skill level one [meaning he lays one and can't lay any more until it is either set off of killed], two traps at skill level two, and three traps at skill level three.)

Those are the only problems I see.

Oh, and is it invisible? What's the ghost ability that the trap has do?

Thanks for your work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.