• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frost / Electric Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys, so I'm trying to make 2 traps here.

First trap: When a unit walls over this unit [it can't move, and has collision of 0], or attacks it, it freezes all units within X range of this trap, with a cool freezing effect. And the units frozen would have a big ice chunk around them, with the buff/effect of "Frozen".

Second Trap: When enemy units come within D distance of this trap, it unleashes a chain lightning spell, targeting N units, and then dieing a second or two later.

Could anyone help me with either of these?
I also need to know what abilities to use and or edit, and any variables used.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 4
even simpler....just use a status trap...change the color to blue and the stun time...you can even make the traps model file a block of ice....make it so when that unit dies...all units in the region of 400-400 of it...or whatever your doing take damage...matching the condition they are enemy units and not invun...then just create a normal special effect array...you dont need to pause or trigger the stun...just have the trap do that =P

Status
Not open for further replies.