• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alarm trap (pings enemy once approached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm working on a game that involves traps atm... and one of the traps is an alarm trap.

The alarm traps functions are to every 10-20 seconds or so to ping the map on the location of every enemy unit within 512.00 of my alarm trap... i need this to be multi-applicable... so every player can make a multitude of these.

Thanks in advance :)

Level 14
maybe you show your trigger, or didnt u start with anything? (i mean as u said, u want to make it MUI).

Tipp: Try to use units as your traps, then pick every trap in a trigger and check if there are enemies in an area of 510 around it

Level 7
Shouldn't be hard
First make a dummy aura that has a custom buff, than set the range to 512 (or whatever range you want)
2. Make a trigger
event - every 10s of the game
action - pick every unit in playable map matching (matching unit has {your custom buff here}) and ping whatever...
blah...blah..blah...(whatever else you want to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.