Help devour and ensnare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This probably is a stupid question, but how do I get devour to work on air units that are ensnared (I only want it to work when they're ensnared)?

Level 8
Unit data, find the ability devour, and then set targets to air only, theres no way to make it so only ensnared units can be targeted by messing with unit data. So changing the target will allow you to devour air units but if you want it to only be possible when a unit is ensnared then you will probably have to do it with triggers. I have no clue how to do that though. =/

Level 9
I dont think its possible without a lot of triggering. I tried to make it possible for possession to work on webbed or ensnared unit before but had no luck getting it to work with just the Object Editor alone.

Level 9
you could make this a simple way.

Base a ability off fireball, or any taget spell and make the spell do nothing. And when the unit casts the spell, if the targeted unit has the buff "Ensare" Then create a dummy and have him cast devour on the unit. And if the unit doesn't have ensare have it give X mana (the amount of mana that it takes to cast the spell), and display a message saying "Unable to target un-ensared units."

Level 4
First, make the devour able to target air.

then:

• Devour
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Devour
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Aerial Shackles) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) is A flying unit) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop
            • Else - Actions

Level 1
thanks guys, but i tried them and i couldn't even get devour to work on air units so wat am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.