• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

aoe ensnare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how can i make a spell that aoe ensnares in a targeted area and make gravestones come up around the target area and the graves stay there for the duration of the ability and anyone who enters it will be ensnared even when the gravestones are still standing. Its like DotA's Pit of Malice spell. when the targeted unit is ensnared, it cannot be ensnared again unless the caster casts the spell again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Using triggers and some dummy spells.
You will need to make a dummy unit with a dummy ensnare to cast ensnare to many units. The units you choose are group within an area (eithor circular, or in a rect). If the unit has the ensnare buff, you know not to re-ensnare it (conditional logic). Dummy units, destructables or just creating effects could be used for the grave stones.

Level 4
And can you make the dota's diabolic edict which causes random explosions around the caster and damages enemies rapidly in the aoe, Damages buildings as well. Duration: 8 seconds, Damage: 12.5/25/37.5/50

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You are meant to be learning to do that stuff for yourself instead of demanding others do it for you. Afterall, is it your map or a map made by everyone? Furthermore, how will you be able to fix bugs if you do not understand the systems people make for you.

I advise you check out this sites spell section, I am sure there are tons of random AoE damage spells (even GUI ones).

Level 29
Dr Super Good is right you should check in the spell section and learn for yourself how to make custom spells, from basic to advance...

see this for more info of basic spell/ability making >>> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-279/creating-some-basic-abilities-32827/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...als-279/basics-trigger-enhancing-spells-7334/

nevertheless, Im making that spell you requested to add to my experience...

EDIT:

this is my version of diabolic edict, I call it 'Devil's Decree'...if you wanna use it in your maps give credits...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.