• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I searched the forum for half an hour and found nothing helpful si i will ask.
I have a spell [Ensnare] that ensnares the target...nothing special, but if the hero learns the passive [Electrified Net] spell, I want it do deal damage to the target unit when it is Ensnared and show an electricity efect on the target (like the chain lightning efect).

Please help me and I will +rep the one who helped most :D

Thank you!

Level 16
Or you can make it like this:
1. Create basic Ensnare spell

2. Create ''Lightning'' ensnare spell with same values based on storm bolt. Just modify missile, damage and stun

3. Modify Storm Bolt buff (Stunned (Pause) default) and set it's ''Target - Attachments'' to 2, and buff models to: Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl and Abilities\Spells\Orc\Ensnare\ensnareTarget.mdl. Don't forget to set ''Art - Target Attachment Point'' to origin

4. Implement this trigger:
  • Electric Net Main
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Basic Ensnare>
      • (Level of <Electric Net> for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Player - Enable <Special Ensnare> for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add <Special Ensnare> to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Player - Disable <Special Ensnare> for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Works fine for me.

Level 8
Thank you Child of Bodom but I wnted something like this (my current trigger):

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ensnare
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Electrified Net
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Point = (Position of (Targeted unit))
        • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at Point facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing (100.00 + (100.00 x (Real((Level of Electrified Net for (Casting unit)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 12
When the hero learns the passive skill, replace ensnare with this:

Base it off entangling roots, and change some animations (to make it look like ensnare) then add the purge electricity model too?

Ale_tuskarr said:
BTW, how do I add triggers in my posts? :D
Use the [ trigger ] and [ /trigger ] (without spaces) then right click your triggers and copy to text and put em in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.