• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Think I am almost finished with my entry.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_112111_205750_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_112111_205750_01.png
    876.8 KB · Views: 1,092
i have strong reservations about your architecture and foreground oziris. the foreground areas where tiles are visible just aaaareeeen't very nice, a tad bland really, and the close up inflated trees with the stretched textures isn't brilliant, that's due to wc3 models i know but still.
on the architecture, firstly, style. your bridges are brick, your well is one of those brick models with the cartoonish wc3 human feel to it. the statues are also humanoid evidently. however the main part of your architecture is the orcish kinda stuff of clay and wood, and it just really doesn't feel quite right along with those other objects.
more to the actual objects themselves, the tower and the wall is great, i really like that, but the gate on the right seems a bit strangely placed (why would they have a gate going in there when they seem to have a ringfort around that castle?). The buildings on the left are kinda clumsy-looking and when they're not the main focus of the picture, you should usually have kind of little details and rewards for the viewer, you know, like the well on the right. I just personally dislike the left foreground.

void i think you should stick to using the frosty and shit rocks rather than the high res ones. in such a wintery place they look a bit off. and then make the castle like 925x more cool plz

its a magical junkyard it can have stars all it wants
no but really the ones that are actually inside the clouds look weird. the bigger ones above the clouds look ok, but the ones in the middle and that cluster above the trees to the left that are inside the clouds, it just doesn't work out.
i hope you are doing something with the right side of the picture cos it looks weirdnshit

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I am loving it so far Fladdermasken I just think it needs more junk, but tis only a WIPp.
More junk coming up.
The stars look cool, but the stars aren't out even at sunset, let alone daylight, especially on such a foggy day. Kinda looks weird.
Wait, is it rellay THAT bright?

Suppose I have to do something about that >.>
no but really the ones that are actually inside the clouds look weird. the bigger ones above the clouds look ok, but the ones in the middle and that cluster above the trees to the left that are inside the clouds, it just doesn't work out.
They could be visible on the rim. That's more haze than thick cloud tissue anyways. I'm inclined to agree about the cluster above the tress though, I'll tend to that.
i hope you are doing something with the right side of the picture cos it looks weirdnshit
I am, but it will definitely still be weirdnshit.
!!the house is smoking that pipe going into the ground i don't think this is safe for minors to look at
What, have you never seen an intricate piping arrangement which supports the framework and derives energy from solid bedrock? Pfft.
Oh my god the house has eyes @_@
It even blinks >_<
that water pool should be oil!
That was actually what I had in mind. At least some form of industrial waste.

Level 5
Some rays of light in the darkness _ The mysterious feelings
I like them.
Maybe some various scare of the rays its better, and have a biggest one set off the position you want.
Dunno have a detail image in your mind or not, then i places some thoughts here:
- Simple but detailed in the cave
- Fog flows, not to be too thick
- Something s special near the bigest ray

Level 36
Yes indeed.

- I'm nearly considering dropping the whole judging and prizing part due to the low interest rate as of late, especially considering the extension I gave for people to get done. Though, if things do not improve I'll most likely just judge the final entries and throw together a list of placings, uncertain though if I care to be arsed to argue with the mods for a prize... >.>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.