• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I may or may not finish this. Depends on how much people care ;P

Attachments

• wip1.png
    wip1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 207
Level 36
You shall and will completely seriously finish that terrain.

- I can asure you that we all care extremely much. :)

Good to see you around, btw.
- Also, what a lovely start you have there,
I'm but too intrigued to see what ingenious work you can come up with.

Just a idea that came last night, It's called "the duel - Murder in the garden!".
It's a work in progress so everything you see is only temporarily placed. Didn't decide on a sky or too much on the enviroment.
The main theme is a duel between 2 Samurai. One dude will be placed standing dead on the rock with his blood draining away While the other stand victories.
There will be soldiers trying to arrest him and in the background mountains I am gonna put a castle with cherry tree.
More Ideas underway...

Hope this is OK!
210613-albums5146-picture52129.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: I'm not obsessed with gardens, just don't have anything to use at the moment.
Terrain under construction
210613-albums5146-picture52130.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52131.jpg

Also, may I ask wether or not you are using the pre-set camera angle, and wether you have or have not edited it in any way?
- Seeing as using any other camera angle than the preset one, or editing the preset camera is against the rules.

To me it just seems to be a tad more draw-backed than the other terrains.

Level 16
I may or may not finish this. Depends on how much people care ;P
I care...
to win

The sky and fog is great, can't say much about the terrain.

Also, may I ask wether or not you are using the pre-set camera angle, and wether you have or have not edited it in any way?
- Seeing as using any other camera angle than the preset one, or editing the preset camera is against the rules.

To me it just seems to be a tad more draw-backed than the other terrains.
No! I have not modified the camera at all or make any modifications whatsoever, must be a resolution thing but guess I'll recheck the camera.
Also sorry for the sudden message, my emergency was a false alarm, lol!:at:

Level 36
@ Void

Not sure I've ever seen that particular fog color used before, consdier me intrigued.

Lol, my thoughts were something along the lines of this:

Hey, let's make a surprise comeback map and blow everyone's minds... what should I do to make it really special? BRIGHT PURPLE FOG.

EDIT: Another WIP, this is starting to look really cool I think, despite the fact I haven't touched the editor in a year :D

Attachments

• wip2.png
    wip2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Level 16
Some updates!
A little bit of slow progress, didn't have too much time to work on it so this is just a few hours of sitting at the editor (and mostly importing rips) - Joking!

1. If you remember the first picture the buddha head cliff should be more lightened so I made a stupid mistake and replaced it with a darker rock.
2. If the units won't work to well in the scene I'll remove them all togheter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture without units
210613-albums5146-picture52216.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52217.jpg

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102511_145424_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102511_145424_05.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 87
Level 36
Why does using a shitload of custom models and textures give you the reputation of a "good" terrainer?

Thats mostly the same as asking, why does using Photoshop make you a good artist, while naturally it doesn't necessarily do that, it does help people to make their art look better, and as such does good looking models and textures help a terrainer make a terrain look better.

Mostly, though, it is a matter of taste and preference.

Level 16
Trolman, stop trolling me!
Then why dont i see any original models/textures?Even your sky is fake!
Yeah right! This is supposed to be a Terraining Contest so the sky is made with the "sky model from the UTM map".
I don't usually respond to stupid comments nor do i get upset just by reading some text but today I had a bad day and got realy pissed so after I read the text I got even more pised.
You were lucky today but you don't bug me anymore so find yourself a another victim!
I found at least 7 imports in your terrain, and only 2 of them I can call small.

7? Do you need glasses as well?
Recount!
210613-albums5146-picture52288.jpg
[/IMG]

Level 18
Trolman, stop trolling me!

Yeah right! This is supposed to be a Terraining Contest so the sky is made with the "sky model from the UTM map".
I don't usually respond to stupid comments nor do i get upset just by reading some text but today I had a bad day and got realy pissed so after I read the text I got even more pised.
You were lucky today but you don't bug me anymore so find yourself a another victim!

7? Do you need glasses as well?
Recount!
210613-albums5146-picture52288.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh shit dont beat me up or anything, because i defenetly wouldnt want that to happen!

ALso what's the grass and the rocks then -.-

Level 36
Ignore the petty trouble-maker, my reply to him should suffice enough for anyone.

Also, as a point-outer, "import" basically means anything that is not from the original editor, toby. And hence everything, as far as I can tell, in your terrain is imported, even the ground texture.
There is, however, nothing wrong with that, and no reason whatsoever to defend your import list, hell, don't get me started on how large my import register is >.>

Also, do me the favor of refraining from the usage of the term "do you need glasses."

Level 16
Ignore the petty trouble-maker, my reply to him should suffice enough for anyone.

Also, as a point-outer, "import" basically means anything that is not from the original editor, toby. And hence everything, as far as I can tell, in your terrain is imported, even the ground texture.
There is, however, nothing wrong with that, and no reason whatsoever to defend your import list, hell, don't get me started on how large my import register is >.>

Also, do me the favor of refraining from the usage of the term "do you need glasses."
Ok! Alagremm, I apologize! And I completely forget about the Custom Tiles.:xxd:
---this are all the imports I'll use---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still agree, that people should use less imports. I mean imports look nice and all, but its not even remotely Warcraft. People should use more things from Warcraft itself, even though thats not much.
So using the models from the utm map counts as using stuff from Warcraft itself?!~ And besides, the goal is to make a image whit any given resources not a playeble map, am I wrong?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALso what's the grass and the rocks then -.-
The rocks are frome utm.

Level 23
I never said models from UTM are the same as using stuff from Warcraft itself. All Im saying is, people should more standart models. Or the models similar to standart models.
One of the reasons why I like johanessr's terrains, is that he uses standart models and models that look close to standarts.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Stop pissing and moaning about imports already, you really just inspire my ranchor. If I literally plucked a nerve every time this debate was needlessly invoked I'd have to adapt jellyfish anatomy.
And I don't want that, I'm perfectly comfortable with bipedalism. - irritation aside, imports or not, it's a matter of preference. Doesn't play any significant role in how good a terrainer you are. Denotes two distinctive styles altogether, so don't think you'll score any sentimental points by "remaining true" to either one.

Point being, if you really can't see past such an imsy wimsy detail, you should consider not dwelling in this section - had I the authority you'd be tailored every banishment in the book if you brought the matter up on more than occasion.

EDIT: And there was fladdermasken, casually irritated enough not to notice the replies on the tenth page...

Level 13
Just putting my two cents in. Not all blizzard default WE models are fugly some just need new textures.

Also here is my latest WIP I hope I will finish it in time, maybe a extension is in order?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102511_154502_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102511_154502_02.png
    868.1 KB · Views: 180
Level 23
Just jumping in to say that I do not want anyone to continue on that discussion regarding imports and rips in here, because everything has been said and this is a contest, not a discussion regarding how to terrain.
If you want to give feedback, do it the proper way.

@L2Love: Some tilevariation or rocks please, because right now, the snow is just tooo much. For example under trees there is nearly always a bit of empty (regarding snow) room.

Level 16
Don't think I have time to finish it and I also wanted to upload the HQ image but in case I don't make the Deadline I'm using the image from
Attached Thumbnail!
Some brainstorming, opinions would be helpful.
210613-albums5146-picture52324.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52323.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52327.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52328.jpg

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102611_133506_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102611_133506_03.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.