• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive's Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
upload_2019-8-22_23-34-45.png

Hmmm, I feel like we need a skin moderator just due to the sheer tailback of pending skins.

Also maybe another map moderator, seems like a lot of work for one person.
We have decent amount of reviewers on deck. Sometimes they just need a good slap or two to get off their feet :p

We have decent amount of reviewers on deck. Sometimes they just need a good slap or two to get off their feet :p

I think I'm a bit out of the loop atm, so reviewers can review resources so that moderators can just read the review and then approve/reject without having to check it themselves?

5 pages is hardly a problem :D

On more serious notes, I think it might have to be related to how we seem to lack skin people expert in reviewing reforged materials. Now now, take that with a grain of salt, but that's what I think.

True as someone that's worked with them they are... difficult.

Level 23
Hey guys, there's any reviewer for ported models? I have posted some in the previous week and they still doesn't have any comment from the staff of how can i improve them...
I would be surprised if there are any comments given for models in the ported section. I mean, for example look at the kinds of ports this user is posting.
FeelsGoodMan

Many of his bundles contain 10+ individual resources. I have no clue how reviewers are ever going to be able to go through all of them and give comments. Once more people realize that they can just upload any ports into this section, the number of resources being posted there will be insanely high. An increase to the number of reviewers is unlikely to solve this issue, but that is just my opinion.

I've reviewed a number of ported models, and most uploaders don't seem to expect that models should meet the same minimum standards as any other model, like proper decay/dissipate animations, footprints, etc.

So yeah I agree, it's gonna be impossible to properly review everything (especially with the large packs), since almost all uploads have at least some minor (but important) shortcomings and the uploaders most of the time don't have much (if any) experience in modelling, so the review process takes more time on average than normal.

I've reviewed a number of ported models, and most uploaders don't seem to expect that models should meet the same minimum standards as any other model, like proper decay/dissipate animations, footprints, etc.

So yeah I agree, it's gonna be impossible to properly review everything (especially with the large packs), since almost all uploads have at least some minor (but important) shortcomings and the uploaders most of the time don't have much (if any) experience in modelling, so the review process takes more time on average than normal.

Hey sir, can you check my resources please, i have done everything needed for the models, like Collision, footprints, Dissipate/Decay anims, Portrait anims, camera, recalculated normals and extents, optmized the models to have few number of textures as possible.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hey sir, can you check my resources please, i have done everything needed for the models, like Collision, footprints, Dissipate/Decay anims, Portrait anims, camera, recalculated normals and extents, optmized the models to have few number of textures as possible.
@Zaffar have patience friend. There are many models and few reviewers.
Your uploads are visible to everyone anyway.

@Zaffar have patience friend. There are many models and few reviewers.
Your uploads are visible to everyone anyway.
Sorry, my intention wasn't to bother, it's just that I feel that my models are not meeting the necessary requirements. Loktar quoted the requirements and I went to check if my models were in accordance with the norms, I just asked about the revision because I thought it was going unnoticed.

Sorry, my intention wasn't to bother, it's just that I feel that my models are not meeting the necessary requirements. Loktar quoted the requirements and I went to check if my models were in accordance with the norms, I just asked about the revision because I thought it was going unnoticed.

Again, just be patient. I see that you are quite recently joined member and you might not know the ins and outs of how things are handled here.
nothing goes unnoticed and you will be notified if things need to done on your part.

Level 7
the same minimum standards as any other model, like proper decay/dissipate animations, footprints, etc.
Shot in the dark here, but shouldn't a script be able to determine things like this by pattern matching for specific strings in the *.mdl file? Seems like it should be possible to automate the process to the point where stuff like that could be clearly determined before you have to even look at it. It could also automate a response detailing what needs to be fixed if it doesn't meet all requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.