• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive's Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

Knock Knock, Shar Dundred is now a Starcraft II Reviewer, Can someone update the thread? :3

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We made this user, because there were some former staff sticikies around the forum boards made by inactive members who's no longer on the staff. We couldn't have such sticikies, made by former staff members who's inactive, around as people tend to ask questions in private messages to the creators of such posts and because the person who originally made the sticky no longer speaks for the staff. It created some confusion.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Staff Updates (July 12)

Shar Dundred has been promoted to StarCraft Moderator. He'll moderate the StarCraft forums and resources.

We have also hired KILLCIDE to help out as a Code Moderator.

Give them your best, plebians.

Green news, everyone.

Mr.Goblin has joined the ranks and will be moderating Art and Graphic Designs.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Staff Updates (July 26)

Maker has resigned from moderator duties. Squiggles was also demoted becuase of inactivity.

Good night, sweet princes.

Heinvers has also been promoted to 2D Art Moderator. Best of luck in not screwing it up completely.

Last edited:
HT's recruitment date is missing(again). Should be 2012 IIRC.
IcemanBo is once again a code moderator.

Reviewer's tab needs an update as well:
  • Jesus Hipster - model reviewer
  • Kino - map reviewer
  • ~Nightmare - no longer an active reviewer
  • Pyrogasm - spell reviewer

I also do have chat powers, that part should be updated along with much of the first post's formatting and information.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What's the point in picking up SC2 modding if there's no moderator (my work wouldn't be evaluated by officially approved authority, also who'd approve stuff).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What's the point in picking up SC2 modding if there's no moderator (my work wouldn't be evaluated by officially approved authority, also who'd approve stuff).
BattleNet is used as the primary distribution platform. Hence products such as maps or assets do not require moderator approval.

All your custom assets could be uploaded to BattleNet as a mod which people can then use in their own maps/mods.

Currently, we haven't got the required sc2 forum related activity to justify one. E.g. we don't have that traffic for it as sc2mapster has.
We still need something for it to drive activity there and not just end up completely dead. Maybe in time it will require a moderator for it.

Still, it's not bad either to keep the section in case people need it or would show more interest in the future.

Level 32
Updated StoPCampinGn00b's title from Ambassador to Community Manager. Rank changed from moderator to admintrator.

Between September-December, we had:

IcemanBo promoted to Code Moderator.

Reviewers Added:

- Paillan (maps)
- A Void (maps)
- PROXY (models)
- JesusHipster (models)
- IcemanBo (spells)
- Pyrogasm (spells)
- AGD (JASS)

Reviewers Removed:

- ~Nightmare (skins)
- Kino (maps)

~Thread is now up to date. Thank you for serving, ~Nightmare and Kino. Welcome, new reviewers!

Last edited:
Level 30
Merit Badge was a one-time idea that didn't quite work out as intended, and is therefore discontinued.

Former Staff Member awards are, as name suggests, given to former staff members. Even with his periods of inactivity, VGSatomy is still a permanent addition to the Hive's council.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
He will always be the Hive's pioneer, no matter how active or inactive he is.
Just to clarify, he is not actually a Hive pioneer. I don't know who put those titles up, but they're inaccurate. e.g. Ghan didn't even join the site until 08.

VGsatomi was the head admin at wc3search when they merged with this site in 07. He's as oldfag as oldfag goes, but he didn't pioneer the Hive in any way.

I feel like Rufus does an excellent job of moderating the maps section however I feel it's a job best suited for 2 people or more just with the volume of work it entails, or if it could be split into smaller jobs like Melee Map Moderator, Campaign Moderator, Custom Map Moderator etc if at all possible to ensure the pending section doesn't get out of hand.

Obviously this requires that people accept the task but I feel like it's something that perhaps should be looked into and offered to people who we feel would be willing to accept such positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.